Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I accidentally bid on a ladies watch on ebay. Wine was to blame.

I dont need a ladies watch. Am now praying that someone out there wants a nice ladies watch for a hundred odd euro before bidding ends in the next 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd at myself for bidding on a designer handbag worth €435 :(

PS I won
    TA'd at myself cos I can't afford the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

When people say 'we' in work like 'be great if we could get this done'. No, it's not we, it's me who will be doing it. Not you, me. So just tell me you want me to do something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Winterlong wrote: »
    I accidentally bid on a ladies watch on ebay. Wine was to blame.

I dont need a ladies watch. Am now praying that someone out there wants a nice ladies watch for a hundred odd euro before bidding ends in the next 3 hours.

And I won it. Mrs W does not wear watches. Anyone want a nice ladies watch?!

Jrop wrote: »
    TA'd at myself for bidding on a designer handbag worth €435 :(

eBay should be blocked for some of us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Having to get people out of sticky situations because they jumped into a job thinking it would be a piece of pish and then they come a cropper. Whats worse is what they're doing is dangerous and they're on their own. Even a simple search on the web would have shown them how to tackle the job sensibly.
    Had to help a lad recently when his chainsaw got jammed while cutting the trunk of a fallen tree. If he had cut through completely the tree would most likely have rolled over on him. It took 3 of us and a loader to get the saw out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

TA'd by passwords today.

Edit: TA'd by passwords every day

Infuriated by Verified by Visa ! It will be the death of me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When your new-to-you car reveals the scratches after the weekend rain, that you pointed out before you bought it, to which the sales man (typical) promised that they would be taken out of it before you buy it and they were gone before I handed over the funds, But now they're baaaaack and I aint happy.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I walked into a pharmacy today with my prescription. Handed over the little piece of paper to the pharmacist only to be told it was the GP's receipt for issuing said prescription... :o

I really am a daft plank!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Lazy excuses that are obvious lies.

People who always proclaim how "super busy and in demand" they are. Yeah, busy marathoning shyte tv series, watching matches and arseing around on social media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Cyclists who cycle on cycle paths in the wrong direction (on the wrong side of the road)!

Not only are they a danger to other oncoming cyclists, but they are also dangerous to drivers who dont expect cyclists coming towards them 'head on'.. :confused:

I guess it's more than trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

LordSutch wrote:
    Cyclists who cycle on cycle paths in the wrong direction (on the wrong side of the road)!
    LordSutch wrote:
    Not only are they a danger to other oncoming cyclists, but they are also dangerous to drivers who dont expect cyclists coming towards them 'head on'..

Why would motorists be concerned if they're on a cycle path?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

What Are The Tiniest Things That Pee You Off In Life That You Know Shouldnt But They do? - How About People Using Capitals At The Start Of Every Word? :D

or how about people that dont use commas and full stops and punctuation correctly? (called grammer nazi police arent they the ones that are always complain about people not using commas correctly?)

or not being able to find the end of sellotape on a roll of sellotape?

or opening up a bag of crisps to find that it contains more air than a bag of crisps?

people leaving lid of toothpaste off, doors open, lights on, talking loud on mobiles, annoying habits (like picking nose, chewing gum, or any other annoying habits)

... or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Galcon

People in gyms who take off their runners when exercising, out of fear that the vile smell of their socks may be blocked by them. Or worse still, people who take off their shoes AND socks when exercising.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

When that twat keeps kicking the back of my seat in the cinema. FFS stop it!, you do not realise how much it pi$$es me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

When people start threads that already exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

When you see a small lump of hair and you think it's a spider.

When people start threads that already exist.

oops! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Because when you're pulling out of a side road you shouldn't have to anticipate idiots coming from your right who follow on as if they've every right to cross your path and look at u indignantly rather than think ..... Jesus this person won't be expecting me, best be careful!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

When you see a small lump of hair and you think it's a spider.

I like spiders. Their Intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

When my Dad makes a cup of tea and throws the tea bag into the sink rather than in the bin which is 3 feet to the right of the sink.

Having to wake up first thing in the morning and see a pile of delph in the sink or even in the draining board from the night before.

Having a really bad headache and look for Nurofen and to find somebody else in the house used them all and leaves an empty Nurofen box in the drawer!

When walking down a main street and a car comes down a side street and pulls in front of me, can't walk by the front of the car because it's too close to the road, so I have to go around the back of the car, it only delays me a few seconds but it drives me mad!

People that take phone calls in the cinema.

Old people that hold up the line in the shop playing all kinds of Lottery games and asking for 3 or 4 different types of scratch card as well then pay for it all with a heap of change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Tiny things that pee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

static shocks

These tiny little gnats or midges whatever they are that are around whilst its warm. There's thousands of them, all crawling across me ceiling! and flying around me head! roll on winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,316 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Copy and paste OPs.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

This thread is rather trivial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

learn_more wrote: »
    I like spiders. Their Intelligent.

Their intelligent what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Their intelligent what?

I think they caught you in their web.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Annoyed that all the reporting on that tragic road accident that's currently in the news has to mention that the grandfather of woman involved won two All Ireland's in the 1940s.

What has this information got to do with anything?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement