Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

zcorpian88 wrote: »

Having a really bad headache and look for Nurofen and to find somebody else in the house used them all and leaves an empty Nurofen box in the drawer!

How else would you know to buy Nurofen if the empty box wasn't there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

You are some man for starting threads Andy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Most things, I am a cantankerous cúnt! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

What Are The Tiniest Things That Pee You Off In Life That You Know Shouldnt But They do? - How About People Using Capitals At The Start Of Every Word? :D

or how about people that dont use commas and full stops and punctuation correctly? (called grammer nazi police arent they the ones that are always complain about people not using commas correctly?)

or not being able to find the end of sellotape on a roll of sellotape?

or opening up a bag of crisps to find that it contains more air than a bag of crisps?

people leaving lid of toothpaste off, doors open, lights on, talking loud on mobiles, annoying habits (like picking nose, chewing gum, or any other annoying habits)

... or something else?

Would tiniest things be akin to trivial things that piss you off?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

HensVassal wrote: »
    Would tiniest things be akin to trivial things that piss you off?

Hey, Lord, Don't Ask Me Questions...

See What I Did There?

K. Sayonara.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The AH serial thread starters. I am sure the 4 or 5 of them see themselves as the philosophers of our time rather than sad f*cks sitting around craving attention and making stuff up to seem interesting but they are one of the main contributing factors to the decline of AH.

Loadsa things....just now at work a lady in the UK sending me an email to tell her to ring me. You ring me lady. My calls are free but that's not the point, you don't know that. I could be ringing her right now but I'm here writing this. How'd ya like dem apples bee-atch?

I left a glass of water in the fridge. It was too cold so I poured half out to top up from the tap but it was on the hot tap so I ruined my glass of cold water.

The dog was left in and she shat on the kitchen floor so I had to clean and mop up.

Bringing a bag of recyclables down to the bin and having to put up with the smell for 30 seconds in the car as I did.

Driving to work along a stretch of road where deer often cross wondering if one of the pricks is going to hop out an mangle the front of my car.

My favourite radio station on the way to work changing their light-hearted musings for a chat on politics.

The other radio station moving their phone in quiz back 10 minutes meaning I've arrived at work before it starts.

A dickhead jogger pressing the green man to cross when there was no need whatsoever making all of two cars stop for an age.

Seeing that sour faced fat prick that works in the place across the road as I parked up.

All of this before 10 to 8 in the morning and I probably left out a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When I put the ticket in the machine to exit a carpark and the barrier takes a few seconds to lift..let me out FFS.I'm easily annoyed😠

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

gramar wrote: »
    Loadsa things....just now at work a lady in the UK sending me an email to tell her to ring me. You ring me lady. My calls are free but that's not the point, you don't know that. I could be ringing her right now but I'm here writing this. How'd ya like dem apples bee-atch?

I left a glass of water in the fridge. It was too cold so I poured half out to top up from the tap but it was on the hot tap so I ruined my glass of cold water.

The dog was left in and she shat on the kitchen floor so I had to clean and mop up.

Bringing a bag of recyclables down to the bin and having to put up with the smell for 30 seconds in the car as I did.

Driving to work along a stretch of road where deer often cross wondering if one of the pricks is going to hop out an mangle the front of my car.

My favourite radio station on the way to work changing their light-hearted musings for a chat on politics.

The other radio station moving their phone in quiz back 10 minutes meaning I've arrived at work before it starts.

A dickhead jogger pressing the green man to cross when there was no need whatsoever making all of two cars stop for an age.

Seeing that sour faced fat prick that works in the place across the road as I parked up.

All of this before 10 to 8 in the morning and I probably left out a few things.

Apart from these tiny things, what really hacks you off?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Dribbling...

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    Apart from these tiny things, what really hacks you off?

The thread says tiniest things so if I got into what really hacks me off I'd only be derailing it.

I'll tell yis another one...I just saw a story about celebrity operation transformation where some comedian I've never heard tell of turned up
    wearing heels in the swimming pool declaring she was a punk. How could cúnts like that not annoy you?

I'm off to ring that sow in the UK now.................

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod:

Merged threads. We really don't need two of exactly the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

People who live together tagging each other in the comments of Facebook posts. Probably done when they are sitting on the couch beside the other person.

I'm so glad my timeline gets ****ted up with this because you apparently don't actually talk to each other about stuff like humans any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Annoyed that all the reporting on that tragic road accident that's currently in the news has to mention that the grandfather of woman involved won two All Ireland's in the 1940s.

What has this information got to do with anything?

It's some kind of weird media obsession in this country. They have to find a way to link in GAA all the time. As if anyone gives a rat's áss. They were "well known in the GAA community" or they had "just been at a GAA match earlier that day" - does this make it more of a tragedy? :mad:

Spiders. I mean, I wouldn't kill another living being but at the same time I am petrified of them. We have one in our house and she is allowed to stay because her web (which is very beautiful I might add) is up high on a skylight and she keeps herself to herself. She also earns her board by keeping the place fly free. So she can stay for the winter and in the summer we might talk to her about moving on. But as for those feckers who randomly turn up in the shower... eugh :o Cue me hopping around the place looking for a pint glass and a postcard and trying to negotiate the little shít into the glass to bring it outside. The fast moving ones are the worst. Trying to get the glass down over them before they make it to the other side, as well as the ones with really long legs. I don't want to crush your toes little spider!

I second the midge thing at the moment. What the hell is going on? Is it the heat? OH wants to sleep with the window open because it's too hot, but then I'll get midge bites! :(

The bus into town this morning was maddening. I have a favourite seat (top, on the left, next to the window) but because I got an earlier bus this morning, there were a load of school kids on it and naturally "my" seat had been taken. What made it more annoying was that they left at the next stop when I had already settled on a lesser seat. Then a few stops later cue the annoying Italian students all sitting around me, with some yoke sitting beside me sideways if you don't mind, so that her mad curly hair kept brushing off my arm. Feck off would ya. Then there were two Spanish students in front of me, speaking so loudly even the max volume on my earphones wouldn't drown out their drivel. And one of them was so expressive with her hands at one point I thought she was actually signing, or conducting an imaginary orchestra. So even if I had been able to drown out her noise I could still see her flapping out of the corner of my eye.

Finally when the bus got to the last stop, there were still a few people sitting upstairs. I like to be last to leave so I stalled a little to give them time to get up but they kept sitting. Eventually I gave in and stood up to leave...at which point they all decided to do the same! :mad:

Also TA I suspect there is a high pollen count of late despite it being late in the year, as my eyes are really dry and uncomfortable.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    It's some kind of weird media obsession in this country. They have to find a way to link in GAA all the time. As if anyone gives a rat's áss. They were "well known in the GAA community" or they had "just been at a GAA match earlier that day" - does this make it more of a tragedy? :mad:

It's not just GAA links, it's a link to anyone that might be in any way well known. How many times have you seen a headline saying that the brother/sister/cousin/neice/nephew of someone well known has been involved in something? No reason whatsoever to bring the well known person's name into it but it never fails to appear in the headline.

gramar wrote: »
    It's not just GAA links, it's a link to anyone that might be in any way well known. How many times have you seen a headline saying that the brother/sister/cousin/neice/nephew of someone well known has been involved in something? No reason whatsoever to bring the well known person's name into it but it never fails to appear in the headline.

Oh yeah, like if they are married to the nephew of a local councilor or something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

OldNotWIse wrote: »

I've said it before : "good GAA family" is our version of "ordinary God fearing American".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Fake Coca Cola.

I hardly ever drink coke, but I've had a good bit of it over the past few weeks in various places and each time it's been fake. You know the type, slightly off colour cans, arabic writing, just not proper Coca Cola.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Eating yogurt with a big spoon as that's all I find...

Much prefer eating with a teaspoon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Essien wrote: »
    Fake Coca Cola.

I hardly ever drink coke, but I've had a good bit of it over the past few weeks in various places and each time it's been fake. You know the type, slightly off colour cans, arabic writing, just not proper Coca Cola.

Whatever you do, don't drink American coke, or Canadian Coke. It is vile

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

LordSutch wrote: »
    People who give out their phone number (in a strange way)!

Yes! All of Wexford's numbers were changed from 5 digit long to 7 digits about a decade ago by the adding of 91 to the start.

Everybody down here still gives their number as '05391' and then the old 5 digits in a splurge.

I've even had people get confused if I give them my number in the 053 917 xxxx format - it doesn't make sense to them until they convert it to 05391 7xxxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I rarely install apps on my phone so when I do, it's annoying because I prefer them in alphabetical order so my icons have moved and I'm constantly opening the wrong one because I'm so used to where they were! So trivial yet so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

27 ish out and sun splitting the rocks - TA'd at seeing mince pies in Morrisons today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Driving down a not to wide a road today a van was pulled in to the side but still blocking half of the opposite side of the road, a car is coming up that side and we are going to approach the van at the same time, my side is free but what does the other f**k do?
    He overtakes the van on MY side of the road almost head on with me till I hit the brakes, and he squeezes back over to his own side, would it have delayed ya that much to wait 2 seconds till I went by.
    (rhetorical question, I got the answer :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My voice on my phone is going in and out, IN and OUT. I can't deal. My texts don't send and I can't ring anyone ARRRGHHHHHH. Plus it's a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I can't walk very fast or well at the moment. I had to go to an appointment today which involved walking down a long corridor. I stayed right in against the wall, leaving a good 6 foot of space to my right. Some daft prick walked behind me tutting and sighing. Eh, walk by me you dozy mare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Plate of leftover chicken left in the fridge covered in tin foil. Mrs S drops the plate, chips the edge of it, but reckons the chicken is ok, because the foil stayed on and the chicken didn't touch the floor. Couldn't understand the gritty feeling against my teeth when I was tucking into a drumstick. Then I get accused of giving out to her all night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement