Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

electronics, headphones etc or other items in those plastic boxes with no easy way of opening other than to take a knife to it and risk slicing into your own flesh or getting cut by the sharp plastic box after you have mangled it open

for ease i call it: plastic box vacuum packing (PBVP)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

guile4582 try using a tin opener on those dreaded plastic packages

Jrop wrote: »
    guile4582 try using a tin opener on those dreaded plastic packages

mind blown!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1732706/mind-blown-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Some people that be-moan you for not replying when it's THEIR in box that's full, not you ignoring them...:rolleyes:
    Sooooo T.A-ing....like :D

It's more than a trivial annoyance but hate it when people call shops 'stores'.

God be with the times when everything wasn't completely Americanised.........:(

• Advertisement

mansize wrote: »

TAed at people falling for those obviously bogus FB competitions

I've got two all-Ireland final tickets for anyone who thanks my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

I've got two all-Ireland final tickets for anyone who thanks my post.

Meet you outside Gills on Sunday week to collect ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

It's more than a trivial annoyance but hate it when people call shops 'stores'.

God be with the times when everything wasn't completely Americanised.........:(

And no one has customers anymore it's all clients...😠

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

It drives me mad when people put the bog roll on facing the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

People starting a sentence, in reply to a question, with "So, ...". It seems to be on the increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Why the f@ck do extensive roadworks BEGIN on the week the schools go back ? I live in Navan, and the town is dug up. Could it not have been done during the summer, or do council workers get the same holidays as school children?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

guile4582 wrote: »
    electronics, headphones etc or other items in those plastic boxes with no easy way of opening other than to take a knife to it and risk slicing into your own flesh or getting cut by the sharp plastic box after you have mangled it open

for ease i call it: plastic box vacuum packing (PBVP)

I saw a pack like that which had a tool inside for easily opening them type of plastic packs .... ironic thing, it was packed in one of those packs LOL :)

It drives me mad when people put the bog roll on facing the wrong way.

yeah but is there ever a right way? ....

people who say "Sunday Next" ... when we all know the correct saying is "Next Sunday" ;)

or "Sunday week" ... its "a week on Sunday" or "a week from Sunday"

Trivial Things That Annoy me:

My Sky+ HD box has just got an update from Sky and its new interface is getting on my T*ts! - it werent broke - dont fix it .... but they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

yeah but is there ever a right way? ....

Yeah, my way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Dublin bus drivers - they've some cheek !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I went to the Electric Picnic, like I do every year, so I took last Friday off. I also took this week off. Today, the ESB were supposed to send one of their lads to me. Yer man didn't turn up. I wasn't impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Miriam O'Callaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

(That post might have seemed disjointed.)

• Advertisement

the amount of people who go to funerals over here in Ireland ... and they get the day/weekend/week off for it - its a bloody joke, how does anything get done?

The amount of times I have phoned up and said "can I speak to ... " so and so and get "oh sorry they are not in today, they are at a funeral!"

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

teachers! - they whinge and strike about wages, and on more pay than Nurses and doctors, and firemen - still not good enough for em

- at the end of the day they just teach kids (may take their life in their hands every day and get stabbed or tables thrown at them and sworn and spat at from the pupils) but hey ...

No. No teachers do not get paid more than doctors.
    And neither do they "just teach kids" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

teachers! - they whinge and strike about wages, and on more pay than Nurses and doctors, and firemen - still not good enough for em

- at the end of the day they just teach kids (may take their life in their hands every day and get stabbed or tables thrown at them and sworn and spat at from the pupils) but hey ...

You clearly know what you're talking about. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Andy from Sligo, one week ban from this thread for multiple posts that aren't annoyances. Do not post till 11pm on the 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Absurd posts from people not having a fcking clue what they are talking about.

It's getting chilly in the evenings now but I still don't want the heating to come on.

Washing my hair and it turns immediately into fuzzball status.

Having one of those days where nothing much happens and people say 'how was your day' and you literally have nothing to answer.

Had two packets of crisps from the same packet and one was stale and the other wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

See a bit of rain in the morning, bring umbrella, rain stops and the walk home later that day is bright and sunny.

See that the sun is splitting the stones in the morning, decide umbrella is not needed and leave it behind, get soaked to the skin on the way home. F*ck sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I have an unused item that I can return for exchange, I've been meaning to do it for the last month or six weeks. Last night I finally got around to printing out the form, packing it up ready to go to the Post Office. This morning I just happened to check and the two items I wanted in exchange are both out of stock gggrrrrrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Andy from Sligo

having to cancel accounts/contracts/sign up for things by post!

the civil service!

*having to take time off work for doctor/dentist/bank appointments

work on weekends a$$holes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dodge wrote: »
    Andy from Sligo

MOD
    This is not a thread to talk about other users.
    Please do not post in this thread again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement