Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

^Ah it was only a joke.

TA when people have a stomach bug and they fail to let you know before you meet up with them. Do you think I want to be vomiting all day too?

TA when someone you used to spend loads of time with gets in a relationship and you hardly see them anymore. It's especially annoying when you really tried to help them through a breakup and always made sure to invite them out more etc.

Flakey people. There's nothing more annoying than making plans and moving things around for someone to just cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nudepcguy

Persons of a senior age in front of you at ATMs. 18 attempts to try and get a mini statement and then stand for eternity scrutinizing it while still in front of said ATM.

Insurance renewals - quote sent out to you for renewal, always considerably higher than last years. So you call them and waste too many minutes listening to music, and when you explain to them that the quote its a tad higher than last year, they discount it to last years price. Why not give me the best price and stop wasting both my time and the company's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Price stickers on books.

Why are they superglued on leaving a load of gunk behind when you try to peel them off?
    And why do some shops need to put 3 or 4 stickers on the front of every book in the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I have these flipflops that I got on holiday a few years ago. They're two sizes too big but they were fine for my holiday as my feet got very swollen in the heat and they fit perfectly.

I still wear them round the house now and again but of course, with my feet being normal size now, they don't fit and just now I wore them outside to hang out some washing and my foot slipped out of one and the side of it dug into my heel.

The pain was unreal.
    It's my own fault for wearing the feckin things and they're now in the bin.

They were lovely and sparkly, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Bank ATM going into timeout mode when I'm putting credit onto a SIM whose number I don't have committed to memory, so I have to read it off paper. Press button for "yes i want more time", and the machine has discarded the numbers I entered and I have to start again. B'staads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Dublin Bus driver interviewed last night moaning about his wages and trying to justify their strike action by saying, "even 15% wouldn't cover us now because like we have the property tax and water charges and USC" - yeah you and fúckin everyone else mate! Wánkers. You don't go on strike because you don't have enough money to offset your utility bills!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Dublin Bus driver interviewed last night moaning about his wages and trying to justify their strike action by saying, "even 15% wouldn't cover us now because like we have the property tax and water charges and USC" - yeah you and fúckin everyone else mate! Wánkers. You don't go on strike because you don't have enough money to offset your utility bills!

that's it lad, get it outta your system :)

people not reracking weights

guile4582 wrote: »
    that's it lad, get it outta your system :)
    I'm not a lad. TA:mad:

I'm not a lad. TA:mad:

that's it ya legend ya get it outta your system

better?

• Advertisement

that's it ya legend ya get it outta your system

better?

No, because now I have that "you're a legend boy" rabbit in my head.

I will find a TA for everything! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    MOD
    This is not a thread to talk about other users.
    Please do not post in this thread again.

Discussed via PM and Dodge is allowed back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

St. Pats fans posting here...terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

TA finding out some people I know are out and out racist. (Well it's more than a TA really but I need to vent).

Someone on my Facebook shared an article about a black family of 10 refusing a 5 bedroom house from the council in the UK. Now, I understand that people think they should be grateful because they're not working and other people struggle and don't get offered help but the person referred to them as savages and the comments were basically saying they should be sent back to wherever they came from. Shocked really.

..not knowing what this "TA" everyone is saying is and feeling stupid for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

..not knowing what this "TA" everyone is saying is and feeling stupid for it

Trivially annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd that I spilled my soup down my top #bleedintick

Getting an opportunity in work to do something related to my area of expertise and my boss trying to put a fúcking spanner in the works by saying I might be needed on the team doing monkey work. Fúck off with your monkey work, this is a really good opportunity and I am not letting it pass me by :mad:

Jrop wrote: »
    TA'd that I spilled my soup down my top #bleedintick

I'm also wearing my lunch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Screaming kids in a restaurant or a coffee shop put a muzzle on it jesus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The noise from others taking sweets from their bags or unwrapping chocolate bars at their tables in a library. :mad:

followed by those of have to open and close a number of zips on their handbags/manbags etc for a period of 5 minutes before the zipping / unzipping stops.

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    The noise from others taking sweets from their bags or unwrapping chocolate bars at their tables in a library. :mad:

followed by those of have to open and close a number of zips on their handbags/manbags etc for a period of 5 minutes before the zipping / unzipping stops.

Your username TA's me. What is it meant to be? I know its probably glaringly obvious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Your username TA's me. What is it meant to be? I know its probably glaringly obvious!

You're right.

Some time back, in a huff, I closed my original account here.
    But then I saw the light.....and came back. Could'nt get the new username I wanted so ended up using random keystrokes.

ah what the hell.:pac::)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The relentless sound of a circular saw less than 50 metres from your window. I think my head will explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

5rtytry56 = Fiver, thank you. Try 56 ?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

TA at working with the people who I've been working with for 17 years, that still ask me the same question to get the very same answer I gave them the previous umpteen times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

5rtytry56 wrote: »

You're right.

Some time back, in a huff, I closed my original account here.
    But then I saw the light.....and came back. Could'nt get the new username I wanted so ended up using random keystrokes.

ah what the hell.:pac::)

In that case I am very ta'd that I don't know who you used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm waiting on the cosmetics two months now coming from the UK. I've been onto them I don't know how many times and they keep saying it's in transit. I think I'm being made a mug of :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Tried to change my mobile phone plan to one on special that had more data on it.
    Couldn't get a person, so it was done by chat. (very annoying)

Me, I'd like to change my plan.
    Them, No problem, (number, pin etc), you cant have that one unless you buy a new sim.

Me, Why do I need to do that?
    them, because you're on that plan already.

Me, Are you sure? it's totally different to what I get.
    Them, there's one for E30 if you want it..

Me, No thanks, I pay E20pm get 200min unlimited texts, 2gb data, How is that the same as E24, 400min, unlimited texts and 9gb data...
    Them, it's the same name....

Me, but it's totally different and dearer.
    Them, anything else we can help you with?

No, your grand, have a nice weekend.

So it's the same but different, I'm sure they could do with out the extra (E5) it would cost me, :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you're in bad form and someone says"Colser you're in bad form all day".What is actually wrong with some people,stating the obvious knowing its going to put you into overdrive..just f off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement