Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Eir.. Was going to get a phone line installed and get their broadband. Only day I was available for installer was September 15th between 9 and 12.30, which is one of the options they gave me. So I booked that time. I tell them, what ever you do, please don't book it for the 16th of September, I won't even be in Dublin. Low and behold they send me a confirmation that my install has been arranged for September 16th between 9 and 4.30. I was so pissed off I rang and said to cancel the install. I don't want it now! Prats.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I don't know if it happens to fellas but when people tell you to smile or the assumption that something must be wrong. Apparently it's not socially acceptable for girls/women to not be smiling like a Cheshire Cat 24/7 even when you're minding your own business.

I'm just like f**k off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I have a new annoying habit. I've started saying "Now!" out loud when I've just finished one task and I'm about to start another. I might be mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 stacybeauchamp

The RSA advertisements - the ads are designed as if the guy is speaking to junior infants.

Also, the RSA in general

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

"Mark forum as read" button on this site. Just plain why?? Why would you want that? Even worse, you can't undo it. Why???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

EmptyTree wrote: »
    "Mark forum as read" button on this site. Just plain why?? Why would you want that? Even worse, you can't undo it. Why???

Handy on lesser used sub forums that you follow. In the 'my forums' drop down a star will then appear when there is a new post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Shops that are supposed to shut at 6pm and start pulling down shutters and turning off lights, locking doors so a member of staff has to open up doors to let you out of the store at 5.50pm ,- 10 minutes before the shop is supposed to shut! ... it still happens even in this day and age!

some shops or places in town that still shut for lunch in this day and age, and shops (on late night opening) that dont all shut at the same time (IE some shops might decide to shut at 7 but the others in the retail park or shopping centre might not shut til 8 or 9pm)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Rosie Rant wrote:
    I have a new annoying habit. I've started saying "Now!" out loud when I've just finished one task and I'm about to start another. I might be mental.

You could be on an ad for one of those NOW that's what I call music cds.

TA getting spots on my upper lip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

People buying labels for the sake of buying labels. In particular girls who go to the States to buy loads of designer goods at much lower prices, usually that are unimaginative and produced for the masses yet they come home and act like they've discovered gold!

TA - rashers that shrink to nothing as you cook them ... my fault though because I suppose they are pumped full of water and that I should spend more amount on decent pack of bacon or buy it from a butcher and not supermarket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Rosie Rant wrote: »

I do the same thing.. Annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I do the same thing.. Annoying!

It really is and it must be weird for other people to hear.

TA - every damn time I click on a video on Facebook it starts downloading it to my phone. I don't know why I can't just watch it online. Stupid phone.

people who are in jobs or who have been in jobs for years who deal with the public and you can see by their facial expressions, bad attitude, bad manners (not saying please & Thank you or hello /goodbye) that they plainly dont want to be working there or are so unhappy in their jobs.

Well why dont they all do us (and them) a favour and leave the job thus leaving a vacancy for someone who might be damn glad of a job in this day and age and be happy in it and thus giving a better experience when the public have to deal with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Anybody who uses their smartphone mainly as a verbal laxative.

Most Noticeable on buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Went grocery shopping 3 times this week for different things that were wanting in the food line. I'm now sitting in front of 2 fine homemade burgers and I have just come to the realisation that I've forgotten to get tomato ketchup. The bottle is empty with over a week but the bottle is still on the table. They just don't taste the same without it. As a matter of fact I'm out of brown sauce too.

some things that irritate me lately:

If i say on social media about something which isnt someones kettle of fish or which dont particularly interest them its increasingly "You need to get out more Andy!"

and the other thing is if you moan about something trivial these days you get answers like "ah, first world problems" or "you dont know how well off you are, there are people in this world starving/in war torn countries/homeless people" - makes you feel guilty or like you got to be so politically correct these days or not to have a little moan when you feel like it - freedom of speech curbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

some things that irritate me lately:

If i say on social media about something which isnt someones kettle of fish or which dont particularly interest them its increasingly "You need to get out more Andy!"
    This happens to me too. Mostly just brush it off. Unless it's a boards mod who decides she has nothing better to do on a Sunday evening than to put me down for some perceived slight....

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    This happens to me too. Mostly just brush it off....

ah yeah of course - me too, but you know what every now and then it can get monotonous and unfunny when you keep hearing it every now and again .. like the poster thinks is being funny and thinking that they have made some fantastic 'joke' that no-one has ever said before...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

On the topic of shops closing.

"Back in 10 minutes" signs should be done away with.

You have no idea if it is there 1 minute or 9, or how much over the 10 they will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When your fears become reality...I'm terrified of flying and it's very stormy here,I'm actually praying for an ash cloud to get me off the hook without looking like a baby..sick with nerves and a headache due to stress ,I'd actually prefer to head to work for the week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Don't be afraid Colser. You'll be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Colser wrote: »
    When your fears become reality...I'm terrified of flying and it's very stormy here,I'm actually praying for an ash cloud to get me off the hook without looking like a baby..sick with nerves and a headache due to stress ,I'd actually prefer to head to work for the week.

You will be fine Colser! Easy for me to say I know.. but you'll soon be away and forgotten this ****e weather!

TA'd that I am not going on holiday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

TA'd when watching golf on tv and the spectators lean up to the players for a high five when walking by.
    Some of them oblige the odd one but ffs, wait til they've finished their round.
    Grown men like, looking for a slap on the hand.

Jesus. wrote: »
    Don't be afraid Colser. You'll be grand

Hope I don't see you anytime soon.😨

i hate flying too - last time to get me on a plane I had to take one of my lads tablets he has prescribed for anxiety!

Hope I don't see you anytime soon.😨

your that little bit closer to him when your flying 33,000 feet up in the sky :D .... or is that God .... or is Jesus God? .... oh i dunno I get so confused with it all :confused:

i hate flying too - last time to get me on a plane I had to take one of my lads tablets he has prescribed for anxiety!

I got them from my friend but I'm afraid to take them in case I react badly to them and I'll be on the news being removed from a diverted flight...I should have tested them in private first. I'm turning into a nervous wreck😠

You needn't worry Colser. I'm not calling you for many decades to come. So have a couple of brandy's at the airport and chillax ;)

Jesus. wrote: »
    You needn't worry Colser. I'm not calling you for many decades to come. So have a couple of brandy's at the airport and chillax ;)

Thanks 😛...BTW when I read your other post I thought you took a "lad" tablet..ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

A what?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement