Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My little nap always turns into 2 and a half hours. It drives me mad because then I don't sleep at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Losing hair bobbins.
    I buy packs of them with about 20 in it but they go missing and I don't know where they are.
    I have one left and I'm nursing it like a newborn.

Air-freshener squirting into my eye.
    I have one of those automatic air-fresheners that spray fragrance every twenty minutes OR whenever you pass by.
    I walked past it just now and the bloody thing spat lemon mist at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

We're living in a high-tech digital age but I've never had a toaster whose settings I've got to work perfectly for the first go :mad:

too feckin lightly toasty or just overly done seems to be the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

whiskeyman wrote: »
    We're living in a high-tech digital age but I've never had a toaster whose settings I've got to work perfectly for the first go :mad:

too feckin lightly toasty or just overly done seems to be the norm.

I use setting number 3 and the 'Frozen' button for just right toast from unfrozen bread :p

TA'd that I'm just about to move to the sofa having finished dinner and cleaned up and it's nearly time for bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wat24

Girls on facebook and instagram who were heavy before then lost the weight and go on now like their disgusted by fast food and can't understand how people can live such an unhealthy lifestyle. That was you a few months ago you silly bitch! Fair play to them for losing the weight but they go on about themselves and what they've achieved like they've found a cure for cancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

northgirl wrote: »
    being asked why are you single..

TA that I'm no longer being asked why I am single....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

fussyonion wrote: »
    Losing hair bobbins.
    I buy packs of them with about 20 in it but they go missing and I don't know where they are.
    I have one left and I'm nursing it like a newborn.

I'm also TA'd by this... Where do they go?? I live in an 800 square foot house and I've lost a whole pack of 20 since I moved in two months ago. There is actually nowhere for them to be but they are gone, vanished. I think the spiders must be hoarding them or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA that I read medical papers and scare myself every time I do.
    Only happens every few weeks but very annoyed at myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

TG1 wrote: »
    I'm also TA'd by this... Where do they go?? I live in an 800 square foot house and I've lost a whole pack of 20 since I moved in two months ago. There is actually nowhere for them to be but they are gone, vanished. I think the spiders must be hoarding them or something!

They're in a spot with all Whiskeyman's blue pens!

News stories about serious turbulence a few weeks before I'm due to fly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Forks are disappearing in the house here.

Someone has an unusual stockpile somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Forks are disappearing in the house here.

Someone has an unusual stockpile somewhere
    Theyve eloped with my teaspoons:mad:
    I had to take some out of the dishwasher earlier and wash them by HAND.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Always thought it was the dish that ran away with the spoon.

Could barely keep my eyes open earlier.
    Jump into bed & wide awake.

Every fuppin night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

When people are caught out on a lie and just won't admit it or tell the truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Getting the horn in mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

awake at this hour again... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA that I was giving out about the top of a box not opening properly - until I noticed that it was the bottom of it I opened

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TG1 wrote: »

TA'd by finding all sorts of hair bobbins and pins in the filter in the washing machine, in the dishwasher, the exact place I set my foot down when I get out of bed, all over the bathroom floor, under the beds, on the stairs, on the arm of the couch, on every shelf in the house, in with the cutlery, in MY bag, in the change jar, in the car, in my sunglasses case, in the cats little house thing, in the back garden, in the filter in the hoover, in shoes, in my sock drawer, in the toy boxes.........
    but the missus can never find them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Being on a packed luas right next to someone who hasn't brushed his teeth this morning, yuck! Wish I could hold my breath for like 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

TA'd that now the little guy has moved over to real milk as opposed to formula, when you leave/find a half empty bottle of milk in his travel bag, or find one under the couch, it's a lot more nastier with the cows milk than it ever was with the formula.

it only takes 2 days for the cows milk to get proper nasty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I didn't get paid... again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My photo on my travel card in fairness does not look much like me. I was asked to take off my glasses and tuck my hair behind my ears when it was being taken. I don't often use it, but the bus driver yesterday took it and was sizing me up like he thought I was trying to pull a fast one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My car won't start. TA.

Walked to the mechanic's yesterday. TA.

Gave him the key so that he could take a look when he's passing. Grand.

Waking up to the key coming back in the letterbox with no indication of what's actually wrong with the car. Very TA.

Getting ready to walk back in to the mechanic's again. Oh you better believe that's a TA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

mud wrote: »
    My car won't start. TA.

Walked to the mechanic's yesterday. TA.

Gave him the key so that he could take a look when he's passing. Grand.

Waking up to the key coming back in the letterbox with no indication of what's actually wrong with the car. Very TA.

Getting ready to walk back in to the mechanic's again. Oh you better believe that's a TA.

I can feel your pain on this one.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

When you don't gauge the squeezing strength in a handshake correctly.. it's always the small innocent looking people who make **** of your poor lamh with their unholy grip strength

when you're walking along a country road and you see someone in the distance.. you make the split second decision between "hello" "wel" "hi" and "hows it going" and without a doubt you'll end up saying "wel" to your girlfriends aunt who has now formed the opinion that you are a knuckle dragging culchie.. and you say hello to some LAD who now thinks you're a flash bastard with too many letters for their own good and without a doubt you'll say hows it going to the one person who will actually stop and tell you exactly how EVERYTHING is going..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Here's something really trivially annoying that just happened one minute ago. My sister CLATTERS plates and bowls and everything and absolutely flings them into presses and thinks she's great for unloading the dish washer which she has taken on as her little job despite the fact everyone else in the house did it before she decided that she could donate some of her precious time to the job.

Just there she broke 3 bowls and 2 plates all at the same time, not even like dropped it was like they were flung at the ground, I walk out and ask her what happened.. apparently it wasn't her fault! They just fell out of the press when she opened it.. ****ing liar they don't even go into the same press.

That's some concentrated trivially annoying stuff right there, making a racket every day by being reckless with the ****ing plates and then lying about breaking them from being so ****ing haphazard with the flinging around of them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

people using the acronym POTUS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Getting the horn in mass.

Alright Father Flynn, that's enough of that!

My TA, Dealz have increased prices to €1.50 from €1.49

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Snifflers!
    Get some tissues damnit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

People who sit with their legs or other body parts halfway out into the aisle on a bus who then get pissed off when they are asked to move to let people or buggies through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Radio Adverts (such as renault and irish life) that use recent songs as backing tracks which have lyrics. Firstly, they ruin the original song and secondly, the music is so loud that the lyrics get mixed up in the advert content and it becomes a garbled mess!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement