Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

northgirl wrote: »
    +1 - Anything that you have to eat within 3 days.

Avocados that you cant eat until three days......

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Avacados are a TA for me. They are either mush or rock solid nothing in between

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

When your trying to do your shopping in the big supermarket but you cannot get to the shelves because staff are stocking them or they have parked their big delivery/stock cages in front of the shelves :mad:

When your trying to do your shopping in the big supermarket but you cannot get to the shelves because staff are stocking them or they have parked their big delivery/stock cages in front of the shelves :mad:

plus a billion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Humans that are in my way.

• Advertisement

Sheeple TA me

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Speaking of shopping, TA of the day, when absolute fuptards park their trolley across the aisle then feck off to get some thing elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

People slowing down when overtaking on a motorway, especially when they pull out in to the overtaking lane front of you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Line jumpers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

The best time to find your leap card is while waiting for the bus to arrive. Don't go searching in a backpack for your wallet/purse containing the card when standing on the bus holding everyone else up.

Won't have that problem for the rest of the week. Which is an entirely different TA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Jrop wrote: »
    Sheeple TA me

Not a hint of irony

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA when you are self employed and some people automatically assume you are well off because you have your own business. Come across this so much , and even had people say this to me and looking to sponsor this and that or give freebies away or buy raffle tickets for this and that, To be honest I have had quite a run of business being quiet and not as busy as it should be on the whole and also being honest if I were to go out and get a proper 9-5 job I am pretty sure I would most probably be better off . At least I would have a steady wage coming in which I haven't got at the moment and just have to rely on business as and when it comes in.

During the recession I was out of work for 3 years. I was actively looking for work during all this time, but the number of people who thought I could afford to stay at home and had chosen not to work was a big TA. When people were asking me why I wasn't going out more or why I hadn't changed the car and I'd answer I can't afford to, they'd say 'why don't you get a job'. (always by people who were in permanent pensionable jobs and whose lives were not affected one iota by the economic crash . Did they not know there were no jobs out there and that thousands were emigrating??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Having a rough day.
    Went to Lidl but all the nice German foodstuffs were gone.
    My back is killing me and the painkillers make me sleepy.
    My post keeps getting lost so it's driving me insane.
    Have to listen to people's sh1t that I am not in the mood for.
    My neighbour had a party last night till all hours, they were singing some weird foreign songs.
    There's building going on here which started a couple of hours after the singing stopped. Jesus wept uncontrollably.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

There's a notification on my Facebook icon on my phone but when I go into Facebook, there IS NO notification.
    It won't disappear though and it's really annoying me.

TA'd that it's always when I'm tired that loads of things need to be done.
    I left the house at 7am this morning and got home at 5pm.
    My eyes were gritty and sore but housework needed to be done; I couldn't put it off any longer.

I cleaned the windows (actually thrilled I did them now) and then steam cleaned the floors, changed the bedclothes, put a wash on, cooked the dinner, cleared out the wardrobe and cleaned the bathroom.
    I was knackered doing it but I am glad it's done now.

TA'd that I have to do a food shop tomorrow and I'm dreading it.
    The biscuit aisle is the worst; I never know what biscuits to buy and I stand there for ages trying to pick.
    Funny thing is, I rarely eat biscuits. I get them for the other half and for visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

fussyonion wrote:
    TA'd that I have to do a food shop tomorrow and I'm dreading it. The biscuit aisle is the worst; I never know what biscuits to buy and I stand there for ages trying to pick. Funny thing is, I rarely eat biscuits. I get them for the other half and for visitors.

Fig rolls or Jaffa cakes , can't go wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Cake Man

*at the Black Eyed Peas management office*
    Executive #1: "The band has been falling off the map and has been for the last 10 years. We need a great song to get them back into the charts, any ideas people?"
    Executive #2: "Well.....how about we take a relatively successful song we previously did over ten years ago and....maybe....do it in a different way?"
    *other executives look at him in disbelief*
    *cuts to scene of Executive #2 shaking hands with CEO after getting raise and promotion*

FFS the music and film industry has gotten so lazy the last few years but this just takes the absolute piss. So many old songs and films being re-released or "rebooted" as the plebs call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Good point! Speaking off that last post:

Really bugs me that all music (popular) is just a rehash of the same 4 chords... over and over!

Don't believe me? OK, watch this video of the same 4 cords in the same order used in so many songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

TA'd at people in work who used the disabled toilets who aren't disabled. I don't get it, I think the majority of the female workers use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Hotels where you have to insert your key card into a slot by the door in order to get the lights/TV to work! (I'm aware any card will work and will usually just leave a costa or some other generic card in the slot for the duration of my stay, but it's still a pain in the ass).

Double points for the ones that immediately cut the lights as soon as you remove said key card!! As usually they'd give you 30 seconds or so before plunging you into darkness!! But no, remove the card, instant darkness!!

TA must now post this in the "really obvious things you've only just realised" thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Utah wrote: »
    TA'd at people in work who used the disabled toilets who aren't disabled. I don't get it, I think the majority of the female workers use it.

Maybe more space, are they getting changed? Sleeping off a hangover? Not condoning the behavior of course!

TA our union voting in favour of a 3% payrise while DB and Luas hold the city to ransom with greedy pay claims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TA must now post this in the "really obvious things you've only just realised" thread :)

I'm with you. This has blown my mind. :eek:

And it's soooooo obvious. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

TA that shop that only rounds up!
    I don't normally care but they always round up and if they have to round down they give you the exact change!

Today I was €1.97 and she gave me 2c change! I said it was 3c - only cos I was sick of their sharp practice I hadn't spoken before- she said they had no 1c.

I said you can give me 3c or 5c it was up to her!

HTML tables.

Goddamn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Today was Indian Food Day in the canteen in work! Yay, my favourite! No...it was a big NAY!!

Chicken Tikka Masala, Lamb Kofta, and Veggie Balti were the options. I went for the chicken. The chicken was lying in a bit of sauce but I thought I'd see how this played out.

"Rice?"
    "Of course!"
    "Roasted veggies?"
    "Ah shure, why not!"
    "A couple of spiced potatoes?"
    "Well, okay."
    "Here you go..."
    "Eh, could I have some sauce on it?"

Yer man delicately poured a drizzle over the chicken.

It was the driest, tasteless Indian I've had in my life! I've had porridge which was spicier! And I don't think I've eaten a dinner as angrily before, stabbing the dryness down my throat... :mad: :pac:

TA that Badly Drunk Boy has made want Indian food

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Driving through town behind someone who doesn't think it necessary to have working brake lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Go to the garage. Fill the car up. Leave the forecourt....and only then does the 'low oil' indicator show.
    Circle back and go back in to the garage with yerman behind the counter looking at me like I am a simpleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Been posted here already, but I'm going to post again on the subject. Was in a certain German supermarket this evening doing my food shopping. Queued for the till, and behind me were a couple with their toddler. While the cashier was scanning my stuff, the mother of the child was pacing back and forward impatiently as she waited for me to finish, but when the time came for me to put in my card and enter my PIN she was actually standing shoulder to shoulder beside me, facing backwards towards her husband who was holding the child. I said sarcastically to the cashier 'I suppose it would be too much to expect some privacy while I put in my PIN' to which the cashier answered 'OK I'll look away'. I said no I was talking about these, as I pointed to the couple. The cashier answered, cheekily, I thought 'it's not up to me to ask them to give you privacy'. Anyway I proceeded to enter my pin, holding my hand over the terminal - at this stage the husband had squeezed past me, walkied around me to the other side and the wife lifted up the toddler and passed the child diagonally over the cash point as I was entering my PIN, over my trolley, to the husband. I asked myself am I flipping invisible or what?
    Seriously, is it too much to ask that supermarkets have some system where this doesn't happen. I thought perhaps a line on the floor, (like at airport check-ins) but if these twats can't see an actual person trying to conduct their business, they are unlikely to notice a line on the floor.
    Doubly TA'd then on the drive home when two teenage girls stepped off a footpath and crossed the road in front of me without checking if there was a car coming.

OK -convinced myself and the car are invisible - wonder if I went on a shoplifting spree tomorrow would I be seen - I'll bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

^^^

Your username reminds me of a TA recently - I was looking for a bottle brush. I couldn't find one to suit me. I had to make do with one about a foot long and cost €4, other ones in the baby section of the supermarket were dearer.
    Now 4 or 5 euro is not going to make or break me but I had it in my head I'd get a small one for a euro or two. Probably should have gone to a 'Pound' shop or something

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Tuc crackers and my inability to put the packet away after just a few.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement