Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I only washed my bounce yesterday and it's already thick with grease and itchy as hell. It's such a hassle trying to manage it daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I only washed my bounce yesterday and it's already thick with grease and itchy as hell. It's such a hassle trying to manage it daily.

I'm afraid to google what a "bounce" is :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm afraid to google what a "bounce" is :(:(:(
    Head hair, I presume.

TA I dropped my dog into vet first thing this morning for a scan and tests after he had been in for a routine check. They said they would ring to give an update during the day which they are usually good at but haven't heard anything yet. They feckin' charge enough, anyway, but as I trust the vet I don't go anywhere else. TA at sometimes extortionate vet charges especially where they have somewhat of a monopoly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Shint0 wrote: »
    Head hair, I presume.

TA at sometimes extortionate vet charges especially where they have somewhat of a monopoly.
    similar TA with a location which is otherwise nice, nice park, amenities, etc. but has only one restaurant in the local shopping centre (medium sized shopping centre along the lines of Frascati shopping centre - not this one)
    This restaurant is always very busy. Even if it's dirty and grubby looking and the menus are all greasy and worn. A waitress works flat out to deliver your grub. But I'm sure business is still lucrative for the management.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Shint0 wrote: »
    Head hair, I presume.

I dread to think what other body part could be 'thick with grease and itchy as hell' :eek:

TA that I just ate far too much for lunch, and I've planned to make a super big dinner for later!
    I just don't know how I'll be hungry by then, and the will to cook always goes out when full :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I dread to think what other body part could be 'thick with grease and itchy as hell' :eek:
    Well it was Surreptitious who posted so anything could be wide open to interpretation or misinterpretation as can happen sometimes on Boards :D

TA still no update from vet. No news is good news, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I think you mean "bonce".

Anyway, my TA is people talking over me.
    I'm trying to explain something as best as I can, and as clearly as I can, and someone will talk over me.
    It really annoys me because I wouldn't dream of interrupting someone when they're speaking.
    If it happens on the phone, I sometimes say "Sorry, let me finish", but I don't know if I could do that in person!!

Also TA'd that I REALLY want some wine this evening but alas, there is none in the house and there's no way on Earth I'm venturing out in the car to nip to Tesco.
    I was sitting in stationery traffic for an hour earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It is bonce!! Silly me.

Bothered sitting here for the landlord yet again sigh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Bird poo on my car's parking sensors.
    I need to either clean it off or put up with the crash warning alarm every time I reverse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Since when was it socially acceptable to put some groceries on the only checkout available and then walk away to do some more shopping? And not just picking up one thing, I mean a whole basket full more on top of the 10 or so things already at the checkout for the last five minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Have curtains that need to be cleaned. The label says dry clean only. Have an all purpose steam cleaner but don't want to ruin them and don't live next or near to a dry cleaners either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

KKkitty wrote: »
    Have curtains that need to be cleaned. The label says dry clean only. Have an all purpose steam cleaner but don't want to ruin them and don't live next or near to a dry cleaners either.

We got our curtains done in a dry cleaners a few weeks ago. Put them in on a Wednesday and expected them back on the Monday after, but they weren't ready that day. Came back the next day again, and were told they still weren't ready. Finally got them in the end though.

The dry cleaners looked like a Chinese sweatshop as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Riddle101 wrote: »
    We got our curtains done in a dry cleaners a few weeks ago. Put them in on a Wednesday and expected them back on the Monday after, but they weren't ready that day. Came back the next day again, and were told they still weren't ready. Finally got them in the end though.

The dry cleaners looked like a Chinese sweatshop as well.

I think I'll chance steam cleaning them myself. They're lined so I'll work from the inside which won't be seen from the outside. Knowing my luck I'll be posting tomorrow that I've made a balls of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ed China has a lot to answer for, if a man is going to do any sort of practical activity now he has to put on a pair of Ed esk rubber gloves. I noticed some men even taking it as far as explaining what they're doing, to themselves.

"Darling I'm just going to assemble some technique lego, better put on my male version of rubber gloves. Now to take the box off the shelf, I have to be careful here, my wife may have left something on top of the box and as I can't see clearly from here I'm going to get a step ladder and have a look before I take the box down from the top shelf."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

TA - old people.... I am not talking about sweet old people who you love and wish they will eternally live forever, I am talking about the ones always moaning about this and that and bring other people down with their mood and saying things like "I aint got long left, I will be dead soon ..." and count out all their pennies at the till when all you want to do is pay for your stuff and get out of the shop and the doddery ones that block the pavements and shop doorways .

Yep i know I will be old one day (if i ever get there) and will be the same :D

Hope i dont end up like that though and be a burden on the rest of the family, if I do, shoot me, I say to the wife and kids and put me out of my and everybody elses misery LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

People who do not understand the concept of personal space.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Since when was it socially acceptable to put some groceries on the only checkout available and then walk away to do some more shopping? And not just picking up one thing, I mean a whole basket full more on top of the 10 or so things already at the checkout for the last five minutes.
    Do that in front of me in the queue and find your items on the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that Mr Sam remembered our wedding anniversary today. Had already picked out the boots I was going to "ask" for to make up for forgetting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Do that in front of me in the queue and find your items on the floor

You talking to me?
    You talking to me?
    I'm the one you quoted so you must be talking to me.

But seriously don't touch my groceries.

Shannon757 wrote: »
    You talking to me?
    You talking to me?
    I'm the one you quoted so you must be talking to me.

But seriously don't touch my groceries.

Poster was talking about the person who leaves their stuff at the check out in front of you and goes to do more shopping.
    Step away from the keyboard SHannon757!

• Advertisement

Black specks forming in my eyes no matter what type of eyeliner I wear.
    I constantly check my eyes throughout the day because I'm so paranoid about it.

Just remembered some more.

A fella in a BMW cut out in front of me from the left (his traffic lights would have been red) as my lights turned green and I drove on.
    He was so lucky I saw him from my peripheral vision and slammed the brakes on.

Sheepish look on his face as he realised he was totally in the wrong; me swearing and screaming at him.
    Most of my road rage stems from fright. I get such a fright when someone cuts out in front of me or nearly crashes into me; I get into such a rage.

I feel very gassy at the moment but I can't belch on purpose so I'll have to wait it out.

TA - places like McDonalds stopping doing breakfast menu after 11am - makes me wanna react like this guy:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Roman Numerals

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

I had a dream last night that I had a lovely view of sea from my garden and wondered why I hadn't realised it before now,morning comes and i open back the curtains still so happy I'd seen the sea but its gone only fields my heart sank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The lotto machines in newsagents that scan your ticket, they don't read the barcode, don't read the barcode, freeze for a minute then tell you Not A Winner.
    Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

****ing twitter emails telling me who I might like to follow.

I don't know how many times i have clicked on 'unsubscribe' but I'm still getting the ****ing emails.

The weather has scuppered my plans for the day. I really should plan ahead better.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Bobby my dog sleeps in the porch. I left my boots in the porch last night. Left the door open while the dog was out. Brought in the dog and went to bed. When i went out the back door 10 mins ago the boots were sitting upright outside with the insoles pulled out. Not so bad until you hear it's been piddling rain with the last 2 hrs. That blasted dog.

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    Black specks forming in my eyes no matter what type of eyeliner I wear.
    I constantly check my eyes throughout the day because I'm so paranoid about it.

you need CBT :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement