Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Winterlong wrote: »
    The weather has scuppered my plans for the day. I really should plan ahead better.

or the weather could always change ....

clocks that are high up and when the battery runs out you have to get a chair or ladder to change the battery ... oh the effort! - in 2thousand and bloody sixteen you would think that all clocks come with 10 year battery life or something - its like living in the 14th century! ....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

those dancing hipster twats on the KBC advert

TA - in a short while we will all have to turn our clocks back 1 hour - in the year 2 thousand and bloody sixteen you would think that all clocks will turn themselves backwards and forwards themselves or we could just leave the bloody time alone! - its like living in the 14th century! ....

properly pee's me off (more than trivially) that my wife's motor is a hyundai getz - it only has an engine size of 1086cc - not 1100cc, not 1999cc ... so why we being charged Tax for a 1300cc motor car at €299 annually , €100 dearer than a 1ltr car - and to be honest in all fairness even €199 car tax is a bit of a steep price to pay for 1ltr car also , and realistically how many 1ltr cars can you even get now in Ireland, theres not like much of a choice you can get, especially newer small cars these days even they come with over 1ltr engine. No, i think they should change them tax bands to even €150 a year for 1ltr-1100cc cars and if they wanna scrape back the lost revenue put the deficit on people that have 1.6ltr cars and higher - I think it needs total overhaul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Bus shelters that drip from the open side

buying a nice piece of meat from supermarket looking forward to having it for din dins and its all in date and everything but you cut open the sealed plastic packaging, smell it and think , "naw mate that smells iffy i wont chance it" - and then have to make do with an egg or something - thats happened quite a few times to us

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

clocks that are high up and when the battery runs out you have to get a chair or ladder to change the battery ... oh the effort! - in 2thousand and bloody sixteen you would think that all clocks come with 10 year battery life or something - its like living in the 14th century! ....

When I was a child, we had a clock which had to be wound manually and my father used to have to stand up on a chair and wind it before he went to bed every night.

TA'd at how clocks still tick so loudly, you'd think in 2016 they would have silent clocks. If I ever decide to have a snooze on my couch in the living room, I have to take the clock from the mantlepiece and put it out in the hall.

i used to have one of these next to me bed as i were growing up, like water torture it was waiting for the next number to flip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Another big payday for the boys in Croke park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Reduced-price stickers on near-to-use-date food obscuring important details on original label

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The GAA commentators/fans/players and their buzz words

Look.
    lookit
    At the end of the day.

Almost every sentence has one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

selous wrote: »

Look.
    lookit
    At the end of the day.

I suppose d'ya know, at the end of the day like, d'ya know like I suppose.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    It is what it is.

TA - people when they say "I Bet him at monopoly!" ... no it's "I beat him at monopoly!" not bet ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

selous wrote: »

Look.
    lookit
    At the end of the day.

Ah lookit, it could be worse. Every sentence could end in "like", like

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA - in a short while we will all have to turn our clocks back 1 hour - in the year 2 thousand and bloody sixteen you would think that all clocks will turn themselves backwards and forwards themselves or we could just leave the bloody time alone! - its like living in the 14th century! ....

It's a TA that some people are not aware of radio controlled clocks, they've been available at reasonable prices for the last 10/15 years
    Always exact time and adjust automatically

E.G

https://www.amazon.co.uk/250mm-Signal-Radio-Controlled-Silver/dp/B009QZ3A02/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1474221613&sr=8-4&keywords=champion+radio+clock

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Had shampoo run into my eye during my shower, tried to wipe it out with my hand and made it worse, stumbled out looking for a towel and stood on the plug for a hairdryer and then managed to burn my toast. That's just in the last half an hour.

It's a TA that some people are not aware of radio controlled clocks, they've been available at reasonable prices for the last 10/15 years
    Always exact time and adjust automatically

E.G

https://www.amazon.co.uk/250mm-Signal-Radio-Controlled-Silver/dp/B009QZ3A02/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1474221613&sr=8-4&keywords=champion+radio+clock

I bet thats fascinating watching that analog clock go back and forward one hour

What have they done to Chrome? If it ain't broke don't fix it Google.

• Advertisement

TA toilet doors you have to pull/open with your hands - you imagine the thousands of germs/e-coli/faeces/wee-wee thats on them handles yeuk!

If i ran this world every toilet door you stood in front of would open up automatically for ye without you even having to touch them at all

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

Spotify ads, especially that eurowings one right now. I think they make them as annoying as possible to get you to pay.

Really loud cars going by my window in the early hours.

Shannon757 wrote: »
    What have they done to Chrome? If it ain't broke don't fix it Google.

why what have they done to it then?

why what have they done to it then?

Have you noticed the changes at the top of the screen? It's not that they made a mess of it on it, it's just I get TA'd at change.

Cosmicfox wrote: »
    ....Really loud cars going by my window in the early hours.

TA - one rule for one, one rule for others - I mean like if I took me car in for NCT and it had a hole in the exhaust and was making a blowing/roaring sound it would fail .... but every day on a daily basis boy racers can drive around the roads with modded exhausts that were made on purpose to sound loud and get away with it :mad:

TA - one rule for one, one rule for others - I mean like if I took me car in for NCT and it had a hole in the exhaust and was making a blowing/roaring sound it would fail .... but every day on a daily basis boy racers can drive around the roads with modded exhausts that were made on purpose to sound loud and get away with it :mad:

But as long as they switch it for the stock one for the NCT, they are grand.

TA at loopholes, well only ones that don't benefit me :rolleyes:

Have you noticed the changes at the top of the screen? It's not that they made a mess of it on it, it's just I get TA'd at change.

what , is it something recently?

But as long as they switch it for the stock one for the NCT, they are grand.....:

cor I bet the NCT guys and the Gardai dont realise thats carrying on eh? ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MojiGoji

Buttering some toast, then putting that buttery crummy knife into a jar of jam etc. So you end up with a buttery crumb filled jar of jam.

Special place in hell for those people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

TA that the "asking ex-gf to move out" thread has been closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement