Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Mayo in All Ireland Finals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Yes I googled it afterwards. It seems they are allowing me to feed. If the animal is alive they are encouraging me to kill (like yours). The third step is that they will bring me out on a hunt to teach me the skills to survive. I'm quite happy with Tesco to be honest.

TA that I now belong to feral cats. :(

Operation Feral Feline Frenzy (FFF) - Day 15

All is not what it seems. I was again greeted with a substantial gift. My hopes dashed when said gift was half eaten. Only a carcass and feathers were left for me, along with a curious framed picture of a frowning Bill Oddie. What could this mean?

An attempted parley was welcomed with an aggressive 'hiss' from the more courageous one.

My hope of meeting the High King is now in jeopardy. They suspect something. I fear grave danger awaits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Grrr the shakey desk guy across from me opened the window behind me while I was on lunch. I think he's scared to do it while I'm there. I love the window open so not sure what his deal is. Anyway...he opened the window and I'm TA'd that he still has his jacket on. Head melter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Fell asleep with my expensive bluetooth headphones on and I've broked them in the night trashing about.

Note to self: buy in-ear bluetooth earphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Fell asleep with my expensive bluetooth headphones on and I've broked them in the night trashing about.

Were you listening to heavy metal :)

Hate when there are two for €2/3 offers on fruit and veg in the supermarket, and I can only find one thing that I need or want. I always feel cheated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

This is going to become a much more common problem with Airpods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

TAd that the alternative is nearly strangling yourself in your sleep with wired headphones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

ahlookit wrote: »
    TAd that the alternative is nearly strangling yourself in your sleep with wired headphones

This reminds me of the other night when I had my phone plugged into the charger but put it across me so the cable was across my neck. When I tried lift my head in the morning I kept hitting my neck off the cable and couldn't figure out what was going on in the half awake half asleep state.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who only walk the dog, so the dog can take a ****!

And as we are on a gaa rant, that Joe fcukin Brolly! An annoying pr1ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

What kind of idiot designer puts in an air con system that covers an entire floor of 250 people? TA'd that I sit under an air vent so spent the entire summer with a fleece on in the office coz it's like a freezer in here. Have to keep sitting on my hands to try warm them up this morning. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I got a horrible headache after I finished my work-out this morning and I asked a few women in the changing room if they had any paracetemol.
    They didn't.

The annoying thing is; I ALWAYS carry painkillers with me, but I remember finishing the last two on the blister card the other day and I never replaced it.

I get those kind of headaches that throb just above one eye and it can be absolutely sickening.
    Anyway, I had a cuppa soon afterwards and it disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jack o' Connor

Just listening to him on the radio, and he is the worst speaker I have ever heard for a man in such high office.

I would say he technically has a stutter.

Awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Parcel arrives. It is supposed to be 'signed for' but we were not in so postie left it on the doorstep.
    No one stole it thankfully but TA that on opening the package the bloody thing is broken. The hassle now of getting a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The postman folding letters to push them through the letterbox, and also leaving them hanging in said letterbox so they could be taken back out again if anyone was so inclined! It's not as if I have a drought excluder on the other side impeding the letters, he's just lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Poochie05 wrote: »
    The postman folding letters to push them through the letterbox, and also leaving them hanging in said letterbox so they could be taken back out again if anyone was so inclined! It's not as if I have a drought excluder on the other side impeding the letters, he's just lazy.

This drives me nuts. And especially when it is not only the postman, but when it's junkmail and I have a clear sign on my letterbox saying 'NO JUNKMAIL or UNADDRESSED ITEMS PLEASE' (just in case they think their stuff is not junk!)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

One man's junk, is another's treasure.

TA'd that I can't stop eating this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

NIMAN wrote: »
    Jack o' Connor

Just listening to him on the radio, and he is the worst speaker I have ever heard for a man in such high office.

I would say he technically has a stutter.

Awful

i know I should feel sorry for people with stuttering afflictions but TA when I phone up a customer support line that charges by the minute and the guy answers with a stutter .... conspiracy theory always kicks in ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

TA my GP(s) think I am a hypochondriac and that my ailments arent real and suggesting in round about ways that its all in my head ... and now they have also referred me to a Cognitive Behaviour shrink just because I happen to say that if I am in a crowded shop I get a tad little anxious and claustrophobic and feel relieved when i leave the shop ... loads of people do dont they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

fussyonion wrote: »
    I got a horrible headache after I finished my work-out this morning and I asked a few women in the changing room if they had any paracetemol.
    They didn't.

The annoying thing is; I ALWAYS carry painkillers with me, but I remember finishing the last two on the blister card the other day and I never replaced it.

I get those kind of headaches that throb just above one eye and it can be absolutely sickening.
    Anyway, I had a cuppa soon afterwards and it disappeared.

Sounds like a touch of migraine to me

TA'd I didn't get enough sleep last night. In bed nice and early, but could I sleep? Not a chance. And I had feck all sleep the night before either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm TA that I have absolutely no bother falling asleep at night, but I can't stay asleep. Around 3/4 am I'm starting to wake up again, and only manage to doze on and off from then on. It started at 2.30 last night, and I was awake every half hour from then, and properly awake now since 6. I'm wrecked and in sh1t form, it's going to be a long day :(

• Advertisement

Mornings. I really struggle in the mornings. More than a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I was around about a million people with colds at the weekend and I've got one myself now. TA'd with people not keeping their germs to themselves. *sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

So fed up with people in the wrong lane at the Blacks Road turning right EVERY SINGLE MORNING and almost crashing into my bus. The middle lane is NOT a turning lane. Only the right lane is you numptys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

TAd at joggers bouncing along the road, often two abreast, when there's a perfectly good footpath beside them...

"But the footpath rises and falls. i could trip!"

Well then look where you're going!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

TAd at joggers bouncing along the road, often two abreast, when there's a perfectly good footpath beside them...

Sure you could trip while walking, so by their arguments walkers would be better off on the road!
    Imagine what will happen if someone ever invents some sort of two ton, mechanically propelled, four wheeled vehicle that can travel at speeds in excess of of 100kph.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA I read that as bouncing breasts

Winterlong wrote: »
    Mornings. I really struggle in the mornings. More than a TA.

Lets be honest here. Afternoons are a bit of a struggle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

The days are getting shorter and colder and this makes me cranky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Drivers beeping at me and making angry faces when I actually haven't done anything wrong.

I was in the left lane, indicating to turn left, when a taxi driver pulled up alongside my right and beeped and shouted through the window "I was trying to turn into your lane!"

Er, I'm in the correct lane, you weren't there twenty seconds ago, so I assume you zoomed up the road and tried to overtake me?
    Whatever, I did nothing wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Rang Sky last week, threatened to cancel my subscription, got a discount for 6 months. Lovely.

Got an email from Sky today to tell me they're putting up the price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement