Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

TA toilet doors you have to pull/open with your hands - you imagine the thousands of germs/e-coli/faeces/wee-wee thats on them handles yeuk!

If i ran this world every toilet door you stood in front of would open up automatically for ye without you even having to touch them at all

But how would you lock the door? Think I'd rather have a few germs on my hands than an entire room of people staring at me while attending to my business :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Subacio wrote: »
    Rang Sky last week, threatened to cancel my subscription, got a discount for 6 months. Lovely.

Got an email from Sky today to tell me they're putting up the price.

Service providers putting their prices up for no justifiable reason! :mad:

Sky - your subscription is going up but let us remind you of all the things you've been enjoying for the last few years, surely that's worth a few extra quid a month, oh and if you don't want to pay that well tough

Eir - your monthly bill is going up but don't forget we gave you Setanta Sports (now Eir sports) for free so surely you wouldn't begrudge us another €5 a month. Oh and if you don't want to pay that, well tough.

And to add insult to injury their ad on this page is too big, messing up all the layout!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TA there's no Annual Murphy's Law Award because if there was I might win something. It would be nice to have something good happen once in a while without lots of obstacles to climb at every turn. I think I will set up my own awards programme, just nominate me and crown myself the winner every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that I dropped my jam-topped bagel on my pyjama bottoms this morning and I only realised now it's also all over the sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

fussyonion wrote: »
    TA'd that I dropped my jam-topped bagel on my pyjama bottoms this morning and I only realised now it's also all over the sofa.

Similar TA, my pizza fell face down on the kitchen floor. Grrrrrr :(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    An even bigger TA when you buy something new, wear it for the first time and something falls on it. Even worse when it's dry clean only but I generally tend to avoid dry clean only clothes where possible.

On a clothes shopping theme, not that I'm actually a huge shopper, but for the past while any time I buy something these days it's nearly always black. Thinking I need to get out of my black phase. Everything's starting to look the same. I'm in danger of becoming predictable :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you're in a mad rush and the car in front stalls at lights on roundabout....I didn't mind as it can happen but then he got going and sailed through just as the light went red and I was left there fuming until they went green again.😠

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

****, I have hiccups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

People on this side of the pond who say Math (instead of maths).
    Drivers who encroach over the stop lines (into the crossing) at traffic lights!
    Irish radio & tv presenters who keep saying "In Studio".
    Oncoming cyclists who cycle in the nearside cycle lane.
    People who say tree (instead of three).
    Presenters on British TV who say I was sat, or I was stood...
    People who spit on the footpath.
    Marian Finucane.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

WiFi has gone fubar here.

Dunno if it is First World problem or a TA.

Using phone not the same.

• Advertisement

It's cold enough to light a fire so it's time to clean out the chimney and fireplace again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Men.

Men.

TA by some men but not all. On balance I kind of like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

This whole Brad and Angelina divorce thing. I mean the media is having a meltdown over it and people are rejoicing. Now poor Jennifer Aniston is constantly being mentioned too, you know because they love drama and reminding people that they broke up 11 years ago. I doubt she wants to go down that route again, and just wants to move on with her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Colser wrote: »
    When you're in a mad rush and the car in front stalls at lights on roundabout....I didn't mind as it can happen but then he got going and sailed through just as the light went red and I was left there fuming until they went green again.😠

Getting caught by traffic lights in sligo inner relief road , some dimwit has synchronised them so that if you get red light on one then every one after that you get a red!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

More than TA , phoned up today to find out how far up on a long waiting list I am with out patients appointment at the general hospital only to be told that I wasn't even on the list and wasn't even referred for an appointment back in February by my GP! :( Someone's gonna get shouted at!!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

when you get a letter from the hospital telling you the waiting list is 8 months long, TA I thought that's not bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Jrop wrote: »
    when you get a letter from the hospital telling you the waiting list is 8 months long, TA I thought that's not bad

Not so bad unless you are in A&E with a broken arm and get the same letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Getting caught by traffic lights in sligo inner relief road , some dimwit has synchronised them so that if you get red light on one then every one after that you get a red!

Seriously, how can that be so hard to set up and coordinate to give priority to the majority of traffic? System should be: get a green light and obey the speed limit and then you just roll through to the end.

Not so much a TA but I had a guy right up my ass today on a 30mph road in city (UK)
    He eventually passed me out (by cutting off a car on the outside lane of a two lane road) and aggressively swung back infront of me. Just to tick all the boxes, he was a white van driver too. Comical thing was, he then proceeded to stay about 20 metres ahead of me at 30 mph for the next 4 miles on the road and I actually ended up passing him when he got stuck behind a bus at a bus stop.

Of course I didnt resist the opportunity to give him a friendly beep of the horn as I rolled past :P

What was the bloody point of him passing me in the first place?

Sticking with the driving and traffic theme, serious TA when one truck decides to overtake another truck on the motorway and it takes him about half an hour to do it holding up all the other traffic because they have to stick to their tachograph rules.

I have huge respect for truck drivers because without them we wouldn't be able to buy all our essential goods because they transport them from A to B but what do they actually gain when they overtake another truck? 0.001 of a kilometre? Sometimes I really have to restrain myself from flipping the bird because, well you know, I have to retain my air of sophistication in the presence of all the other civilised drivers :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

People who take an age to respond to you on internal communicator even though they started the conversation and obviously want something...UGH

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I left my headphones at home

When you are taking a piss and you just can't stop and are in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Colser wrote: »
    When you're in a mad rush and the car in front stalls at lights on roundabout....I didn't mind as it can happen but then he got going and sailed through just as the light went red and I was left there fuming until they went green again.ðŸ˜

When the car in front of you is about 300m from the green lights and the brake lights come on the whole way to the lights, they then go orange an it accelerates thru them, you get stuck but you can see the muppet repeat the process doing the same thing the whole way down the road.:mad:

There are far too many cherry ones in my bag of Tangfastics :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Today FM were promoting 'Wedding Dress Wednesday' this morning in aid of the Irish Cancer Society. Women were to wear their wedding dresses today to raise money. While I endorse anything that will raise funds for this worthy cause, I didn't half feel left out as I have never been married! Single women get cancer too (I am a cancer survivor myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Tisserand wrote: »
    Today FM were promoting 'Wedding Dress Wednesday' this morning in aid of the Irish Cancer Society. Women were to wear their wedding dresses today to raise money. While I endorse anything that will raise funds for this worthy cause, I didn't half feel left out as I have never been married! Single women get cancer too (I am a cancer survivor myself).

In fairness to them, they did think of that:
    Don't worry if you've never been a bride, get a loan of the biggest meringue dress you can find or stick on a bridesmaid dress.

http://www.todayfm.com/Wear-Your-Wedding-Dress-Wednesday

I hope some fellas put wedding dresses on, otherwise I will be annoyed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's too cold, flip flop days are behind us now as Winter draws in. Say hello to scarf and coat and boots weather. Ah twas grand while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The damn ploughing championships.

I have never seen something so talked about on Irish media, its incessant. Its impossible to go 5mins on the radio or TV without hearing about how great it is.

• Advertisement

Having to wait a month for the release of my favourite illustrator's new colouring book.
    Call me sad, but adult colouring books have been a God-send for me the past few months. De-stresses and relaxes me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement