Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

fussyonion wrote: »
    Having to wait a month for the release of my favourite illustrator's new colouring book.
    Call me sad, but adult colouring books have been a God-send for me the past few months. De-stresses and relaxes me.

TA at myself for not doing more than one page of the mindfulness coloring book Santa brought me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

always looking to the future and thinking the worst ... well I say future , its this coming winter I am fearing as last winter we were so stretched for cash and between buying oil for the oil central heating and high electricity bills because we turn on the electric fan heaters and dry the clothes in the tumble drier - but then I have to snap myself out of it and tell myself what am I worrying about, its only september, its still pretty mild'ish and just because last winter was terrible moneywise this upcoming winter might be totally different, we might come into some money who knows someone unbeknown to us might die and leave a lot of dosh in their will or something to us, or we might win the lotto - anything is possible...

but the TA is worrying about it , why cant I be one of these kay sara, sara (cant spell it) kind of person and be laid back like some people are and just tackle things when (if) they happen and not worry months in advance?- id love to be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

That's a crazy amount of heat, central should be enough. Those fan heaters eat electricity and the air out of them is horrible.
    Though instead of using the tumble dryer, you could hang the clothes out for a while if possible. Even if you're bringing them in damp, hang them on a clothes horse in the sitting room when you go to bed as there'll still be heat in the room.

TA'd at not receiving a pair of sunglasses i bought over a month ago. Not likely to need thrm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA in a conversation with someone, they cut off into a different subject mid sentence, and don't get back to the interesting bit you were listening for.

That's a crazy amount of heat, central should be enough. Those fan heaters eat electricity and the air out of them is horrible.
    Though instead of using the tumble dryer, you could hang the clothes out for a while if possible. Even if you're bringing them in damp, hang them on a clothes horse in the sitting room when you go to bed as there'll still be heat in the room.

one of those catch 22 situations, used to put the fan heaters on sometimes to save heating oil , but maybe this winter coming maybe it be cheaper to leave heating on low and cut out the fan heaters altogether.

Not a fan of drying damp clothes on clothes horse or on rads, really does put a lot of condensation into the air and can end up making things get mould, could open up widows to let condensation out but then you loose heat then through windows being open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

My TA for today is that I have to cancel a trip to Las Vegas due to college commitments :(

TA at the car park that is the M50 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

To the man eating leftover minestrone soup right beside me on the luas at 7.15am this morning, I hope you die a slow and painful death from food poisoning

Winterlong wrote: »
    TA at the car park that is the M50 every morning.

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Tsb radio ad. Save up to €5 per month, 10c per transaction. €4 monthly fee applies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Inconsiderate people :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Driving down the motorway\interstate with about three car lengths between myself and the car in front of me (safety margin) and no one behind me for a quarter of a mile and yet sheeple have to speed up and cut me off rather than filing in behind me.

Second time this morning some ass clown from California pulled this s**t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Driving down the motorway\interstate with about three car lengths between myself and the car in front of me (safety margin) and no one behind me for a quarter of a mile and yet sheeple have to speed up and cut me off rather than filing in behind me.

Second time this morning some ass clown from California pulled this s**t
    That really TA's me here too. It's like they think any gap is just there to be filled.

TA'd at myself for being a klutz.....yet again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA I'm not cruising down a California freeway in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

history repeating itself and people acting surprised

Why did I put on a pair of knickers when there's only one of them? I know there's two legholes, but that doesn't make it a pair of anything.

More importantly, how did I put them on backwards?

TA that I don't pay more attention, and at one of life's great unanswered questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

What's with the Sky floating ad all over the page?
    My toaster broke and now I have to fork out for a new one plus go out in the cold to look for something as cheap as possible. Freezing inside as well as there is no heating on yet and I've goose pimples from the chill.

Watching something on ebay for 3 days.
    Highest bid had gone from €10 to €30 in that time. And then, in the last minutes/seconds before the auction ends the bid up real fast and finishes at €190...way more than I am willing to offer.

Too many people like me trying to sneak in with a last second killer bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Old people who use their age as an excuse for being dickheads.

Old people who use their age as an excuse for being dickheads.

had to do double take on your username after that post because I thought your username was Senior Fancy Pants :D

• Advertisement

TA - going to say something lately and if I cant get it out (ooer mrs!) at the time and someone else starts talking I have forgotten what I was gonna bloody say, it goes completely out of my head and I am having to say "what was I talking about" - its only a bloody few seconds ago I was gonna say it FFS - can remember something back in 1986 clear as a whistle and cannot remember what I was gonna say 60 feckin seconds ago, totally gone out of my head... and it most probably was gonna be important! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

A 48 hour bus strike that lasts 51 hours (begins 3hours previous to official start)

VAT to be added to road tolls which will lead to a 60% increase in tolls.... (isn't VAT 23%)

Is someone having a laugh??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

People who use the TA abbreviation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Ally Dick wrote: »
    People who use the TA abbreviation

I think you've TA'd a lot of people saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TA by those who are TA by the use of TA in the TA thread. Somebody should do a content analysis to see how many TAs have been used in the TA thread. I'm sure that would really TA some people.

selous wrote: »
    A 48 hour bus strike that lasts 51 hours (begins 3hours previous to official start)

VAT to be added to road tolls which will lead to a 60% increase in tolls.... (isn't VAT 23%)

Is someone having a laugh??

bloody hell - if they can VAT it they will bloody VAT it - modern day daylight robbery given a fancy acronym so it is :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

My OH telling me off for talking during "Gogglebox" I mean FFS
    What is Gogglebox only people watching telly and talking. The irony!
    Jaysis :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nonbias

farts from protein shakes

TA'd at the little prick who tried to be smart by going around the back way to get in to a car park yesterday. Loads of us had been queuing with our indicators on and he went to cut us all out of it. Woman in front pushed past him as she'd been there about 10 minutes and he ran into the back of her! His excuse? That she pushed past him so he hit her. Cue loads of bla bla I'm in the right, check the law, bla bla. Ever hear of courtesy and not being a little prick, you little prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

fussyonion wrote: »
    Having to wait a month for the release of my favourite illustrator's new colouring book.
    Call me sad, but adult colouring books have been a God-send for me the past few months. De-stresses and relaxes me.
    Delayed trivial annoyance: Last November I went to Galway with my sister and her two kids. The children had tablets to play with (I'll say nothing) but my sister insisted that they do some colouring before getting their tablets. Fair enough.

Then she insists that I have to join in. :mad: I don't have a smartphone so I like the novelty of using my tablet on my few train journeys. That's my route to mindfulness! She has no problem letting the kids play with their tablets when she wants to watch the telly!

(And the kids couldn't even keep within the lines!!) :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement