Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Work nights out...I've one tonight and I'm allergic to it.I really can't spin the usual last minute sicky excuse again so I really have to go,just hope I can keep my trap shut until the boss leaves so I'm here warning myself about pacing my drinks but I know that will go out the window after the first one.Hope I will still have a job Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Took me about 15 minutes, which I didn't have, of serious blinking to get an eyelash out of my eye earlier this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

dinneenp wrote: »
    Tsb radio ad. Save up to €5 per month, 10c per transaction. €4 monthly fee applies...

heard that this morning and was going to post about that this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Smoking a cigarette outside earlier, and a gust of wind blew a bit of ash, and it managed to get under my glasses and into one of my eyes :( Think it's a sign I should stop..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TA I didn't even know it's Friday. This week has been all over the place but how does somebody not even know it's Friday? I need to try to remove the fuzziness from my brain. Still trying to work on how that might be possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Olishi4 wrote: »
    Took me about 15 minutes, which I didn't have, of serious blinking to get an eyelash out of my eye earlier this morning
    Smoking a cigarette outside earlier, and a gust of wind blew a bit of ash, and it managed to get under my glasses and into one of my eyes :( Think it's a sign I should stop..

I think I saw the two of ye this morning and with all the blinking going on, I thought the world had gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

TA'd that I had to answer the same question with the same answer 3 times in the space of 15 seconds on a phone call just now. Open your effin ears!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

TA'd that I had to answer the same question with the same answer 3 times in the space of 15 seconds on a phone call just now. Open your effin ears!

TA that I can't read your small text with my blinking eye!

Could you rewrite the post again in cap lock? :p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Olishi4 wrote: »
    TA that I can't read your small text with my blinking eye!

Could you rewrite the post again in cap lock? :p:)

HELL NO :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

TA when people say, "what" even though they have heard me. I know this because they usually start to reply as I am repeating myself! OH is particularly bad for this! Now when someone says, "what?" I just stare at them and nine times out of ten they then reply anyway. (the other one time is awkward though)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The coffee I opened this morning is vile, it tastes like I imagine rancid oil would if it had a coffee aftertaste. Yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TA when people say, "what" even though they have heard me. I know this because they usually start to reply as I am repeating myself! OH is particularly bad for this! Now when someone says, "what?" I just stare at them and nine times out of ten they then reply anyway. (the other one time is awkward though)

I've been guilty of that myself at times. I think it's when I'm not really concentrating on what the person is saying to me but it filters in after I've said "what?".

Maybe you need to talk about more interesting topics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

I've been guilty of that myself at times. I think it's when I'm not really concentrating on what the person is saying to me but it filters in after I've said "what?".

Maybe you need to talk about more interesting topics :D

I call them up on it, I say

"don't say "what"..take a second, think about it, you heard me"

sure enough..they did..10 seconds of life neither of us will ever get back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

TA'D that when I do go to a hotel, coming home from a hotel with wonderful pressure/power from the bathroom shower that I get home and our shower feels like your rinsing your hair with a low pressure garden hose... It just don't have the same vigourating effect !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

TA'D that after coming home from a hotel with wonderful pressure/power from the bathroom shower that I get home and our shower feels like your rinsing your hair with a low pressure garden hose... It just don't have the same vigourating effect !

have you tried Timotei?

guile4582 wrote: »
    have you tried Timotei?

No but I will now, does it increase the power in the shower head? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ad on the radio this morning for Kube Kitchens ..... wishing us a happy christmas followed by 'you heard it here first'. Flip off with your christmas ads on the 23rd. September.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,337 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Couple of young ones on the lunch-time news being interviewed about the effects of the Dublin Bus strike.

One said she has been late for college everyday of it and she can't help it. That she's late for work too and if she's fired it's not her fault. The second said she hasn't even bothered going to college during the duration of the strike.

I'm sorry but if the two of ye are genuinely TA'd at how the bus strike is affecting your attendance in work/college, then leave fecking earlier then. It's a inconvenience for everyone, and not to be used as a flimsy excuse. How people cannot work their way around it/come up with alternative transport makes me worry about the lack of initiative in modern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

selous wrote: »
    A 48 hour bus strike that lasts 51 hours (begins 3hours previous to official start)

VAT to be added to road tolls which will lead to a 60% increase in tolls.... (isn't VAT 23%)

Is someone having a laugh??

VAT has always been on tolls, at23%. So maybe they plan to hike the price by 60%. Though I haven't heard this...it's a major TA if true.

TA ... State broadcaster RTE charging Public TV licence .....and running adverts on their TV and Radio service. Does anywhere else in the world run a TV station this way? - if I lived in UK and paid my TV licence I wouldn't have to put up with adverts on TV or radio interrupting films and soaps whilst I am watching them, so how are RTE allowed to run adverts alongside getting a licence fee?

• Advertisement

TA ... State broadcaster RTE charging Public TV licence .....and running adverts on their TV and Radio service. Does anywhere else in the world run a TV station this way? - if I lived in UK and paid my TV licence I wouldn't have to put up with adverts on TV or radio interrupting films and soaps whilst I am watching them, so how are RTE allowed to run adverts alongside getting a licence fee?

They have to get Joe Duffy's, Ryan Tubridy's and Ray D'Arcy's big salaries from somewhere....

They have to get Joe Duffy's, Ryan Tubridy's and Ray D'Arcy's big salaries from somewhere....

then up their charges for advertising on RTE and cut out TV Licence fee for everyone - love to see how far they get with that, I mean come on, RTE and BBC are hardly in the same Calibre of programming quality and home made material such as drama and period dramas, documentaries and the like . BBC pee's all over RTE.

Same how we all tied to actually paid to paying a TV Licence to RTE as well, I'd like to see them go to voluntary subscription rather than licence fee but i dont think they would last in their current form .. IE it would be difficult to get people to subscribe to RTE.

Also (and things might have changed here so I might have my facts wrong) but if I paid a UK Licence Fee on my SKY Digibox System I would get BBC Channels unencrypted to view across all systems (SKY & Freeview etc) so without me paying UK SKY any iota of a Subscription fee I would still be able to view all the BBC channels on the SKY Digibox. - However if I stopped paying my SKY Subscription over here in Ireland (only have the very basic sub from sky) - I would not be able to view any RTE Programmes at All because I havent got the minimum subscription to SKY

- so therefore if i am correct on that RTE is only free to view on an irish saorview box even though I am still paying a licence fee I cannot get to view RTE programmes on my SKY digibox system - I think I have that correct. My wife was talking about giving up SKY subscription all together but then I had to explain to her that we would loose RTE1/2 etc if we gave up SKY Subscription - really confusing. And not really fair seeing as you can give up your SKY subscription totally in UK and stil view BBC channels through SKY

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Pitta breads annoy me, flimsy things. If I actually manage to successfully cut them to make a pocket, they will either bust when I fill them, or whilst eating them .

then up their charges for advertising on RTE and cut out TV Licence fee for everyone - love to see how far they get with that, I mean come on, RTE and BBC are hardly in the same Calibre of programming quality and home made material such as drama and period dramas, documentaries and the like . BBC pee's all over RTE.

Same how we all tied to actually paid to paying a TV Licence to RTE as well, I'd like to see them go to voluntary subscription rather than licence fee but i dont think they would last in their current form .. IE it would be difficult to get people to subscribe to RTE.

Also (and things might have changed here so I might have my facts wrong) but if I paid a UK Licence Fee on my SKY Digibox System I would get BBC Channels unencrypted to view across all systems (SKY & Freeview etc) so without me paying UK SKY any iota of a Subscription fee I would still be able to view all the BBC channels on the SKY Digibox. - However if I stopped paying my SKY Subscription over here in Ireland (only have the very basic sub from sky) - I would not be able to view any RTE Programmes at All because I havent got the minimum subscription to SKY

- so therefore if i am correct on that RTE is only free to view on an irish saorview box even though I am still paying a licence fee I cannot get to view RTE programmes on my SKY digibox system - I think I have that correct. My wife was talking about giving up SKY subscription all together but then I had to explain to her that we would loose RTE1/2 etc if we gave up SKY Subscription - really confusing. And not really fair seeing as you can give up your SKY subscription totally in UK and stil view BBC channels through SKY

I agree but I think it's simply the small size of our population paying the licence fee vs the population of 64 million in the UK. They have a huge budget to work from, BBC 1 can do without the advertising revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I eated up all my dinner, and now I have no dinner left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Once or twice a week I think of a trivial thing that annoys me that would be a good contribution to this thread but whenever I get a chance to relax and post I can never remember the trivial thing that annoyed me

I agree but I think it's simply the small size of our population paying the licence fee vs the population of 64 million in the UK. They have a huge budget to work from, BBC 1 can do without the advertising revenue

probably - don't make me feel any better about it ...

s4uv3 wrote: »
    I eated up all my dinner, and now I have no dinner left :(

if you dont eat your meat you cant have any pudding! - how can you have any pudding if you dont eat your meat! ?

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Once or twice a week I think of a trivial thing that annoys me that would be a good contribution to this thread but whenever I get a chance to relax and post I can never remember the trivial thing that annoyed me

annoying innit? ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm annoyed the chatting is getting crazy and the thread will be closed :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement