Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Telluric

People who call on private number. I never answer. If you're going to call me out of the blue, at least let me know who you are so I can decide whether I want to talk to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

this TA happens to me lately, it could be my age though, but I am too cold so put on me jumper ... but then I am too hot! - too cold with it off, too hot with it on! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA'd I have to turn off the heating because the dog is too warm!

TA - hearing over the years living in Ireland "there just isn't the population to make it viable" or "there just isn't the population"- i'm sure its a correct a factual truth most of the time for this little island we live on ... but then other times I think what a wonderful and convenient 'excuse' that can be used sometimes and rolled out when its required. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I have a pimple on my thumb.

The radiator blew up.

My cold won't f*ck off.

People outside are loud.

I'm hungry but it's bedtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Olishi4 wrote: »
    Took me about 15 minutes, which I didn't have, of serious blinking to get an eyelash out of my eye earlier this morning

Harry Redknapp's been doing this for three decades so 15 minutes isn't that long in the scheme of things.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I have a pimple on my thumb.

The radiator blew up.

My cold won't f*ck off.

People outside are loud.

I'm hungry but it's bedtime.

.. yeah but what are you TA'd about :D

TA'd about people trying to convert people to their lifestyle - now im not saying all do this but I have come across some who:

People who go to church or who are in the church or who spout off bits out of the new testament anywhere and everywhere they can

fit people looking down and judging people who do not have a fit lifestyle like them

People who dont eat meat pulling funny faces at people who do eat meat

People who eat meat pulling funny faces and making snide remarks about vegans and their chosen lifestyle

People who drink and get drunk but cannot get their head around why someone doesnt want an alcoholic drink when its offered to them

People who love football - but cannot comprehend someone not liking it or having any interest in it (or important matches) - (especially if you are a man!)

Or people who cannot comprehend people that dont like any sport at all...

They do exist amongst us! .....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

.. yeah but what are you TA'd about :D
    No but I will now, does it increase the power in the shower head? ;)
    probably - don't make me feel any better about it ...
    annoying innit? ...

MOD
    Andy From Sligo
    You are now banned from this thread for persistently breaking the thread rules.
    Please do not post in this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The price of everything seems to be going up. But my salary is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Someone in my house bought ten boxes (yes, ten boxes) of M&S Belgian Chocolates because they were on half price offer. I've almost eaten the whole top layer of one box and feel ill. Why does something which at first seems luscious suddenly reach a saturation point and now seems sickening especially when there's still another nine and a half boxes still in the house? TA at my self-inflicted chocolate overdose/first world problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    VAT has always been on tolls, at23%. So maybe they plan to hike the price by 60%. Though I haven't heard this...it's a major TA if true.

Not charged on State owned ones only private ones, but the E.U is cracking down on that for unfair competition.....
    But if not enough cars use the (private) M3 the State has to top up their coffers, now that's a T.A,

People rattling plastic and paper bags while you're in the same room reading/listening to/watching something. Hugely annoying! Have your food at the dinner table and stop your crinkling around me and my peace.

Also, the huge number of people who cannot seem to live without having a radio/tv/noise on in the "background" - and I use "background" very loosely to include the entire room. They are oblivious to that massive interference in peace. When the ads come on, for instance, press the mute button and allow the conversation to flow again. Or just enjoy the silence. Ahhh.

Then again, this book was left for me in my Christmas stocking last year. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I just watched a UK-based TV series where vehicle reg plates were fictitious (mostly). Not only that, but they used several different false plates for the same motor. Possibly to try to obscure the age of the vehicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The hassle of changing your phone. Miss the days of just popping in the sim and building up my snake score again. Spending the morning reinsalling apps and signing into this that and the other. First world probs, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

When a 'friend' argues with you for no reason and makes you feel like a c*nt, when really you were looking out for them.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, friend tries to turn argument and twist what they said to change it so you do in fact look like the c*nt.

Till you remember you still have the text, so you copy and paste it for their reading pleasure and end up the c*nt anyhow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I had a dream last night where I was lying in bed eating cake.
    I wake up and everything looks the same.
    I look around for my cake.
    Can't find any.
    Realised it was a dream.
    Massive disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Shannon757 wrote:
    I had a dream last night where I was lying in bed eating cake. I wake up and everything looks the same. I look around for my cake. Can't find any. Realised it was a dream. Massive disappointment.

TA at the fun we could have had with that post in the old days....anyway I'm guessing it was a big cream donut...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My husband goes back to work tomorrow after a week off and I'll have to make my own breakfast :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

The fact that I can't think of any names for the impending new arrival.
    At this rate he or she will be know as "The New One" or "S/He Who Has No Name".

TA at lack of inspiration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

From today on the nights are longer than the days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

TA'd by Google+ sending me emails between the hours of 1 and 5 am - I can't delete the stupid in built email app that I never wanted and I need to keep my phone on so these stupid emails are guaranteed to give me a fright in the middle of the night. My first thought is that there is something wrong. I can't block the emails, either. I tried to twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA I have this Clash melody stuck in my head but don't know name of track and its from their fourth album Sandinista, a folky South American vibe number, have been on Youtube with no joy so far.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that my roast chicken isn't cooked yet and I'm bloody starving.
    And even when it is cooked, I still have to wait for the roasties and veg to cook.

Also TA'd that I'd love a drink tonight but I can't as I have to drive later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    TA'd by Google+ sending me emails between the hours of 1 and 5 am - I can't delete the stupid in built email app that I never wanted and I need to keep my phone on so these stupid emails are guaranteed to give me a fright in the middle of the night. My first thought is that there is something wrong. I can't block the emails, either. I tried to twice.

Turn off notifications for the app or turn your wifi/mobile data off if possible.

TA that I ate lots of unhealthy food over the weekend and feel guilty about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Bins that waft the foulest stench into the air. Just so ****ing rank.

(not my bin)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭GeneralVanilla

meeple who mink you can mear mhem through mhe walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Those little fruit flies that seem to just always be there. Hanging near the bin (and we have a separate bin outside for leftovers). Hanging near food when you're cooking. Go away, it's mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Samsgirl wrote: »
    The hassle of changing your phone. Miss the days of just popping in the sim and building up my snake score again. Spending the morning reinsalling apps and signing into this that and the other. First world probs, eh?

Phones have transfer tools now that you use to transfer everything from your old phone to the new one via bluetooth.Last time I changed phones it took 20 mins to do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

TA's having to look at all these young lads walking around with their over developed upper bodies and tiny little chicken legs bet into really skinny jeans that are just a little bit too short so they can show off the ankles, because none of the fcukers seems to wear socks, and all of them with a gym bag hanging off their shoulder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement