Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Phrases along the lines of:

"OMG, I just died."
    "This is so funny, I died."
    "OMG, that's so amazing! RIP me."

There's a whole lot of dying going on online!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Being a T.D and not working for 69 days and finding out they're not even getting job seekers allowance, :eek: {Poor pets} If they were it would have been sorted bloody quick :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Fake American accent's put on by Irish people on Irish radio.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Phrases along the lines of:

"OMG, I just died."
    "This is so funny, I died."
    "OMG, that's so amazing! RIP me."

There's a whole lot of dying going on online!

What about "to die for"?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Drivers giving me dirty looks when THEY'RE in the wrong.
    It's mostly women too and to be honest, even though I am a woman, I don't like other women drivers.
    Most haven't a clue how to drive and they scare the hell out of me on the roads.

This b*tch threw me a filthy look today as I passed alongside her in a shopping centre car-park.
    I threw my arms up in the air to signify that I hadn't a clue what her problem was and she gave me the finger.
    Honest to God, women drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

everlast75 wrote: »
    people using the acronym POTUS

Unless it's on the TV show Veep - Pimple of the United States :D

TA'd there's no biscuits in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I discover when I go to cook dinner that the water is like tea coming out of the tap. There was work going on down the road earlier , but it didn't occur to me that the water would be messed up. I'm running the tap for ages now and no sign of it clearing FFS. Why the hell don't they send a notice around when this is going to happen :(
    Not being able to get the very last of the olive oil out of the bottle , no matter how long I hold it upside down for. When I turn it right way up again there's a little bit left in the end, I'd say it's laughing at me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm getting increasingly annoyed at what seems to be the disappearance of the plain old common or garden bar of soap. In one supermarket today there's shelves of liquid soaps but only 3 different brands in bars.
    Dispenser soap has its place but the good old bar does too.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ads on Radio Nova-100 :eek:

They are just the worst, from really badly written/nonseasonal punchlines to just trivial acting and voice-overs or just entirely missing the point of the ad. 'Oh I know, lets have an ad for Skoda and use a motorbike revving sound (as it's all we had on file) telling people to "get down to the Skoda event"... that was a week past the day I heard it! grrr. so many ads on that station are just pants... Red, no black... hmm no red... no! black... Feck off!

and I have a growing list believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Totally agree with you on the Nova adds, cheap. as for the "I'm John McGuire quote Devil doesn't make you irresistible to women". FFS.

Actually, remember him when he done that "I'm an adult get me out of here" when he told people to beg, borrow or steal to get money for deposit to buy places, wonder where they are now and are they T.A'd they listened to him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I've no willpower. I don't drink much at all, but I'd decided not to drink at all this weekend. I decided to do chilli for dinner, and when I looked up the recipe it required red wine. Sure what could I do, only buy a bottle ? It went in the chilli, and 2 more glasses into me, and I've realised it's only Thursday. Also TA that I've been a day ahead of myself for two weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

What about "to die for"?

That's actually not too bad. I never really say it but it doesn't set my teeth on edge when I hear it or read it.

TA: I keep walking into rooms and forgetting what I've gone in there for. It's happening way too much lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Stopped at traffic lights in the car and TA at the plonker behind me in the car blowing the horn at me to move even though the lights hadn't yet turned green, they weren't even flashing amber.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Trivially annoying how I'm having a look over college work for an exam tomorrow, and we've actually probably covered about a week worth of content in this whole year in this module.. I have no idea what he'll be able to question us on but no doubt it will involve answers which are 99% made up bull to pad it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that my mother is sending me links to articles about how drying my clothes in the house is bad for my sinuses... I know she means well but what would she like me to do? It's not exactly reliable outside drying weather yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

People online saying rip now instead of R.I.P.
    As in rip like a tear.

"Oh rip you"
    "You what?"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

People online saying rip now instead of R.I.P.
    As in rip like a tear.

"Oh rip you"
    "You what?"

reminds me of a joke

"the inventor of velcro has died.

RIP" :)

anyhoo - TA is the kit kat advert which has a song which is clearly trying to rip off Song 2 but not enough so they don't get sued ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Waiting for a tax refund on tuition fees. It's been "assigned" for the past two weeks. Does "assigned" mean sitting on someone's desk? And when you call, their opening hours are 09:20 - 16:00 - I want to work in Revenue!

Mine has been assigned since 25th February!!! Very TA'd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People whistling just because it's a sunny day...fcukers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

People selling/fundraising door to door. Does anyone ever buy/support them? Just had a guy call to the door, I was friendly but firm that I wasn't buying anything. He got so thick and said "I remember you from last year" I remembered him too and while I'm sympathetic I'm not in a position to give anything to him. He kicked at my hedge while he was walking away. Muppet. I'd understand if I had ran him from the door but I just explained that I couldn't help him. Now I feel anxious. Screw him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

This^^

Also currently some guy is walking around Ireland, fundraising for Pieta House, a very noble cause.....but he's doing it in his bare feet! Why? FFS. It's not as if you were giving him a fiver and saying "here's a fiver, but if you were walking barefoot I would have made it a tenner"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Stupidly warm in work, not sure if somethings broken or that they haven't adjusted it for summer. Wasn't this bad any other day though, and it's only 13 odd degrees outside.

Trivial annoyance, but I'm on the verge of a rampage now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

Going to the only Tesco closest to me, a 30 min drive one way, to get a specific item you were REALLY looking forward to having....only for it to be out of stock!

Heart shattered into a million little pieces :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    This^^

Also currently some guy is walking around Ireland, fundraising for Pieta House, a very noble cause.....but he's doing it in his bare feet! Why? FFS. It's not as if you were giving him a fiver and saying "here's a fiver, but if you were walking barefoot I would have made it a tenner"
    You know that song "You dont have to take your clothes off to have a good time"..well that popped into my head reading your post and wont pop back out. Random I know but damn you eisey:mad::pac:

TA today that I parked as usual about 100 miles away from the shopping centre to avoid muppets belting their doors/trolleys off my car,when I was driving out this fella stopped to let me into traffic and in a split second I noticed his fab car and then realised that he was VERY hot(not weather related hot:D)...and then I went to drive and stalled the fecking car:o I swear I have never done that before...then he started laughing and stayed there waiting for me to start it up and go again..motirfied and still mortified every time I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Going to the only Tesco closest to me, a 30 min drive one way, to get a specific item you were REALLY looking forward to having....only for it to be out of stock!

Heart shattered into a million little pieces :(

Happened to me, favourite biscuits are not stocked anymore at my local tesco :(

On a related note, I keep walking past the light bulbs in tesco and thinking "I should check what type my lamp takes cause it blows at lot" and I never remember till I walk past it in the aisle again! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Very very trivial, the receipts from the self service tills at Super Valu, they fly out and fall to the floor unless you are quick enough to grab them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

failinis wrote: »
    On a related note, I keep walking past the light bulbs in tesco and thinking "I should check what type my lamp takes cause it blows at lot" and I never remember till I walk past it in the aisle again! :mad:

And a further related TA - the proliferation of different types of bulbs, shapes and fittings you'd nearly have to bring the old one with you!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Not being able to get a job (after 2interviews and a medical) cause of poxy colourblindness, was a really great company that I would have loved to work with, am more than a little TA'd

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm just TA'd, simple as that really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that yet another thing has gone wrong with my car... I think the person I bought it off saw me coming.... Unfortunately, I bought it off my mother! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement