Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

scdublin wrote: »
    Those little fruit flies that seem to just always be there. Hanging near the bin (and we have a separate bin outside for leftovers). Hanging near food when you're cooking. Go away, it's mine!

TA'd that I've broken two fly swatters trying to kill those little sh1ts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Google a recipe for chili.

1 onion, diced
    2 peppers diced.
    1pound minced beef
    I tin kidney beans
    1 tin tomatoes.
    1 jar of Senor Lopez chili sauce.

That's not a fcuking recipe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Bought something for €6. Paid with 20.

My change was ten €1 coins and 8 50c coins

The whole of my building now thinks they work with BA Baracus when I walk past their office

eisenberg1 wrote: »

1 onion, diced
    2 peppers diced.
    1pound minced beef
    I tin kidney beans
    1 tin tomatoes.

Was it an American recipe per chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I dont think this is even trivial. But when people use the water cooler, empty it and walk away without replacing the bottle.

• Advertisement

Vel wrote: »

1 onion, diced
    2 peppers diced.

1pound minced beefy
    I tin kidney beans
    1 tin tomatoes.

Was it an American recipe per chance?

Yeah, I should have known better. Same with a cake recipe. Two eggs and a packet of Daisy's chocolate cake mix.

Yeah, I should have known better. Same with a cake recipe. Two eggs and a packet of Daisy's chocolate cake mix.

I saw a recipe for a chicken and mushroom pie which required the addition of a tin of chicken and mushroom soup:eek: It was basically a tin of soup with a layer of pastry on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Awkwardly placed sockets.

And the word "Awkwardly" is such an awkward looking word.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I love buttery blaas, but not the mess that goes with them. I was destroyed with flour putting them into the bag in the shop, and my black jeans were destroyed even more after eating them. Nothing worse than realising you have flour under your nostrils then, some time later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When you're feeling in a "delicate mood"; y'know, just a bit vulnerable and "on edge" and you just want everyone to be nice to you because you're feeling fragile, but you encounter horrible people all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

73Cat wrote: »
    I love buttery blaas, but not the mess that goes with them. I was destroyed with flour putting them into the bag in the shop, and my black jeans were destroyed even more after eating them. Nothing worse than realising you have flour under your nostrils then, some time later :(

I have to knock the excess flour off them before I butter them. Not a fan of too much flour.

TA'd that I would love a few blaas now!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Babycino's and the parents who buy them. Since when did kids need adult drinks, what's wrong with milk or juice

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Wasting a whole day hanging around waiting on someone to let you know what their plans are and not able to plan anything myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I really need to sneeze

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Being unable to upload 3 pics to boards today. Tried different ways and 3 different browsers but still no luck 6 hrs later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

When you hit Caps Lock instead of "a" and don't reLISE UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Downright dreadful takeaway food :mad:

I ordered chicken blackbean and chips. I got a tray of brown gunge with three (3!) pieces of chicken, what looked like an entire green pepper and some raw onions covered in sludge which contained about half a bag of sugar and hoi sin sauce. The chips were clearly cooked hours beforehand then thrown back into the fryer to soak up grease and turn the chips a stomach-turning brown colour.

The place is closed tomorrow but I really feel like holding on to the food and taking it in on Wednesday to complain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Stoning by Robbie 2011

Getting an erection in mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Huge TA in my life is as I get older my aspie wired brain is taking over more and more of my life without permission or me even knowing! Especially where my voiced opinions are concerned, I am becoming less 'socially filtered' and take much longer time to realise what I just said...and to whom.

I feel really bad and silly with myself when my wife has to point out how someone would feel hearing what I said to them. In the moment of saying it, it's 'right' (to me) but perhaps hurtful and condescending to them too.

I don't mean to be hurtful. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

god's toy wrote: »
    Huge TA in my life is as I get older my aspie wired brain is taking over more and more of my life without permission or me even knowing! Especially where my voiced opinions are concerned, I am becoming less 'socially filtered' and take much longer time to realise what I just said...and to whom.

I feel really bad and silly with myself when my wife has to point out how someone would feel hearing what I said to them. In the moment of saying it, it's 'right' (to me) but perhaps hurtful and condescending to them too.

I don't mean to be hurtful.
    You've got company! :)
    Huge TA there's not enough support in this country and it's difficult to be taken seriously as an adult with a somewhat differently wired brain. We just have to try to be more conscious and recognise when something is about to pass through the filter unedited...and of course work harder to avoid derailing threads on Boards. Mea culpa :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Fact that I had to inhale some of the black smoke belching from the exhaust of a black Ford Focus this morning waiting for Dublin Bus along the road between Bushy Park and Terenure College. It left a column of smog in the wake. I hope that engine seizes up on you soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

TA that it is only 11:30am and it feels like 5:30pm.
    I really should not have stayed up to watch the US presidential debate on a school night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

People who don't reuse their coffee/tea cups during the day in work.

Yes, I need 5 cups a day which pile up on my desk because 'reusing' a cup would be akin to reusing a paper plate.

Getting an erection in mass.

Welcome to Boards Father Murphy.

My TA, getting bored in mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Taking an exit off a motorway and the traffic is bumper to bumper, when some smartarse comes flying along indicating to cut into the traffic so they don't have to wait like everyone else. I don't think they even understand how dangerous it is either because eventually they have to fully reduce their speed to cut in, meaning the traffic behind them that's at motorway speed will need to slam on their brakes while they cut in. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that the self-service checkouts in Dunnes in sandyford are arranged so that you scan right to left. Every other self-service checkout i've used has scanned left to right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I bought a shirt in town today and when I tried it on at home a button fell off. TA'd as to whether I should just sew it back on, though I don't have navy thread only black. Or should I bring it back. Effort of it all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Just remembered a TA. PJ Gallagher was in my dream last night/early this morning. Except he wasn't a comedian in the dream. He was a farmer who lived in a castle who had just sold a site on his land to Lidl to open a new store.

I haven't seen or watched him in years, I don't know anyone who lives in a castle and I prefer Aldi to Lidl. TA that I can't quite figure out the significance of it all. Answers on a postcard to the TA thread and if PJ Gallagher is reading the thread could you explain yourself please or stop trying to confuse me.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭GeneralVanilla

Leaf caught in the windscreen wiper.

Day ruined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Leaf caught in the windscreen wiper.

Day ruined.
    Following on from this. There are wet leaves all over the footpaths today and my shoes are too slippy. I keep slipping on them and looking like I'm drunk or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement