Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Flies, nothing but annoying airborne pieces of dirt.
    Also that F**KING Samsung "ho ha hee here hoo" bird whistle text tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭GeneralVanilla

Does anyone else's ma keep giving them stuff they dont want when you visit.

Here take some eggs, and a teatowel, and a bottle of bleach, and this free to air satellite box, and a cuddly toy, and this rake, and some milk, and this 1975 pga world series programme. Do you have a turkey.

All loose, not in a bag.

The trauma of trying to get your keys and get in the door with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Here take some eggs, and a teatowel, and a bottle of bleach, and this free to air satellite box, and a cuddly toy, and this rake, and some milk, and this 1975 pga world series programme. Do you have a turkey.

All loose, not in a bag.

My grandmother does it with my mother every time we come up for Sunday dinner. Gives us cakes, biscuits, meat for the dog, chocolates, bottles of locozade. Of course they're all pretty good, but it's the other stuff that she gives us, things we never eat, or things that are past their expiration date.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

All loose, not in a bag.

Yes!
    My parents do it every time I visit!

"Take this coffee home with you, it's horrible."
    "We don't want those apples, they're very sour. You have them."
    "Here's some day-old bread rolls, a packet of rashers..they were opened on Friday but they should still be OK...oh, and will you eat these red Hula Hoops? Nobody likes them. Oh and some of these..." and I'm given five bags of crushed crisps.

EVERY WEEK.
    I keep telling them I don't want their stuff but it's like a rule now.

TA'd that I'm feeling down in the dumps, feel like blubbing my eyes out and sit in my pyjamas and just eat cr*p but then I'll feel cr*p and that'll make me feel worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

fussyonion wrote: »
    Yes!
    My parents do it every time I visit!

"Take this coffee home with you, it's horrible."
    "We don't want those apples, they're very sour. You have them."
    "Here's some day-old bread rolls, a packet of rashers..they were opened on Friday but they should still be OK...oh, and will you eat these red Hula Hoops? Nobody likes them. Oh and some of these..." and I'm given five bags of crushed crisps.

EVERY WEEK.
    I keep telling them I don't want their stuff but it's like a rule now.

TA'd that I'm feeling down in the dumps, feel like blubbing my eyes out and sit in my pyjamas and just eat cr*p but then I'll feel cr*p and that'll make me feel worse.

Speaking of apples and parents giving you stuff you dont really want.
    My mother has apple trees in her garden. Cooking apple trees.
    So if you visit this time of year she will insist on giving you a few dozen cooking apples. But this last time when she went to collect them for me she was picking the ones off the ground, not from the tree. The woman is half blind and many of the apples had already fed the worms. Big TA.

(Eat the crap FO - temporary gratification is always worth it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The tiredness I'm feeling this week is ridiculous,can't motivate to do much housework and the sun shining is showing up dust and dirty windows .Also every hour in work is like a month.Roll on the weekend or a rich man..I deserve a life of leisure ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

TA'd when I need to use my phone for text or internet but its on 0% and i can't / won't give it the 15 odd minutes it needs to give me ample juice to survive so use it on 0-1% and it inevitably dies mid text but I don't learn and do the same again and spend the day using a constantly dying phone when I coulda had it plugged in for the last three hours I didn't need it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I had a big crash and broke my drone and spent most of the evening up a tree trying to get it's remains down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm actually dying from tiredness and the 'bonce' needs scrubbin'.

Getting hammered on a Tuesday night..god help me in the morning.I'm the TA tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Colser wrote: »
    Getting hammered on a Tuesday night..god help me in the morning.I'm the TA tonight.
    Tuesdays with Colser! There's a thread on AH at the moment about what happens when you die. You might want to check it out as it sounds like you might be dying tomorrow.

TA even though I don't drink anymore sometimes I get the odd urge to have a tipple but memories of horrible hangovers soon make me rethink. Just one would be nice now again without triggering a migraine. Only I would get born in Ireland and get a migraine lasting days after only one or two drinks. Life just ain't fair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Waiting on people to return phone calls/messages, or call to the house. Carpenter, painter, and gas man all no shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My work mates viewing me as 'odd' as I don't think bacon & cabbage is 'deadly'.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've too much to squeeze into today, I have to be loads of different places at different times and juggle too many things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

My eyes are bigger than my belly. Christmas appetite in September is a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

That stupid swirly misty rain that gets in under your umbrella and makes your hair frizzy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

The obese person at work who takes the lift up and down the one flight of stairs and only uses the disabled toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The obese person at work who takes the lift up and down the one flight of stairs and only uses the disabled toilet.

The non-obese people in my office who take the lift up and down one floor. Bugs the life out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by the fly buzzing around the room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

TA'd by the heat in the office. Shweating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

update on the fly TA'd I made a mess while squishing him with handcream tube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I can't afford to go and get my hair done but I want to cover the few greys. Hmm I know! I'll do it myself!

Things that are now covered in weird purplish gunge:

My ears

The floor

The towel

The shower

The ceiling

My wrists

My nails

My neck

The mirror

My dressing-gown

My hair

:mad:

It's worth the feckin' €65 to go get it done in a salon. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

The fly that keeps landing on my laptop screen

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

At some stage my parents put both my first name and middle name on an official form, now every single official correspondence I have contains both f*cking names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

That hair dyeing session sounds like a description of a murder scene :eek:

TA when I always leave the back door open so the dog and cat can come and go from their room to the garden the back hall gets flooded when there's a sudden torrential downpour like this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My upstairs smoke detector keeps giving a shrill beep on / off for the last hour. Mr Sam away. Im too short to reach it - even on a chair. Even if I could, the feckin thing is wired into the mains as 'backup' incase of battery failure.
    Kids not.impressed. Dog very nervous. Going to be a long night.
    Might even be early for school / work tomorrow - just to get away from the feckin thing.

Oh and not a sniff of smoke anywhere in the house.

This TA drives me mad..people who ask questions that they know the answer to,"Colser did you wash my jeans",no I actually folded them up and put them in the wardrobe still dirty or "Did you go shopping Colser?",well no but someone actually broke in and filled the fridge and cupboards with food....so fecking annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I feel like absolute sh1t today, have a horrible flu coming on that also tallies with a bloody toothache in the upper right. It was a job eating my dinner tonight, could hardly open my mouth, but eat I had to as I wanted to take some Nurofen Plus. So just about becoming manageable.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Cats have no respect for boobs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

TA'd that my SO went to the cinema with her mates last night and I told her to bring me home a small popcorn. She came home and nothing....!! She "thought I was messing". So disappointed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement