Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Tiredness. I seem to be constantly tired these days. Need a holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Having a form to fill out for the nurses visit to the school, and there is feck all space for the answers to be filled in so my writing looks even worse than usual.
    Dry shampoo is totally, utterly and completely usesless. How I wish I could use it, and swish my hair with it looking all clean and fabulous. But no, I'm still a flat, greasy mess. And don't tell me I'm not using it correctly, and that's why! Lifesaver, my arse:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I feel like absolute sh1t today, have a horrible flu coming on that also tallies with a bloody toothache in the upper right. It was a job eating my dinner tonight, could hardly open my mouth, but eat I had to as I wanted to take some Nurofen Plus. So just about becoming manageable.

Sinus toothache is a truly horrible thing. It drove me nuts the first time I got it. I was thinking "It's bad enough I have a cold, not I have to go to the dentist as well". I was just about to make the appointment when I realised there wasn't anything wrong with my teeth, it was just the pressure from all the gunk in the sinus cavities. Even more fun when it develops into face ache.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd at myself for drinking wine last night :( I'm fuzzy headed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

**** and wankerettes!

Bad mannered, ignorant people in shops, the sort who say "nngghhh" instead of thanks.

People looking for a bag for the smallest of items like a small packet of sweets

Dithery fcukers!

"Would you like a bag?"
    "Would I like a bag...Erm.....erm, yes, I mean no, I think I'm ok, ah sure go on, ah no it's ok"

People making a 2 purchase, but have no money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd that I'm stuck inside on such a lovely day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

People who spout this crap"Whattt I just can't believe this....this is just ridiculous,this didn't happen in X..Ireland is like a third world country blah blah blah". Well fcuk off back to X so you annoying person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Just reading recipe reviews and it's getting really annoying when reviewers leave feedback where they've substituted everything. One reviewer for a peanut butter smoothie said 'I didn't use peanut butter, I used strawberries'. wtf? It's a PEANUT BUTTER smoothie. They omitted two other ingredients as well. Why leave a review if you're not going to make the original recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd at the stomach bug I appear to have acquired from my son :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Everyone around me is sick, and I am just waiting to get sick myself - I just want it over and done with at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I have no time for anything lately. I seem to be rushing around pleasing other people. I know they say it's good to be busy but there is a happy medium. Plus my back is killing me and all I want is to be able to walk without looking like i have a stick up my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Waiting on spuds that are taking forever to cook, and the rest of the dinner is ready. I know if I take my eye off them then for even a minute, they will probably start to go to mush. B**tard potatoes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Going to the bargain alerts forum on boards.
    10 mins later you are 100euro poorer.

Can resist everything but temptation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It's getting colder :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

73Cat wrote: »
    Waiting on spuds that are taking forever to cook, and the rest of the dinner is ready. I know if I take my eye off them then for even a minute, they will probably start to go to mush. B**tard potatoes :(

That happened to me today and I took them out without checking them and only realised they weren't ready when trying to mash them so I ended up having to throw them out and start again and reheat the rest of the dinner. It wasn't great :/

Also I planned to have a nice long bath this evening and went up just now and started running the water and it was cold. My planning wasn't very good since I forgot to turn on the water to heat it up. I dont know what im doing today!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The amount of time it takes Aer Lingus to deliver bags to the baggage belts at T2 Dublin!!

9pm at night, guaranteed to be waiting at least 20 minutes!!

I've had shorter flights sometimes!! (Manchester - Dublin, 33 minute flight time, 37 minute wait for bags)

TA at a single death - this time in a train crash - in the United States getting such a ridiculous amount of coverage in news here. It's the same all the time, be it a shooting or whatever.

The media cheapskates - and it's not just RTÉ; BBC are equally as pathetic today - are not only desperate for news but they're too tight to do anything but take whatever "it could be terrorism" headline they can find on the cheap newswire reports from the States. More evidence that it's nothing but constant decline for the established media.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It's that time of the month so I woke up with tummy cramps. No big deal, I can cope with them. Two Solpadeine; right as rain.

But as I got out of bed, I grabbed a pair of fluffy socks to put on (the floor was freezing) and as I stood on one leg to put a sock on the other foot, I felt something shift in my back.
    The pain was UNREAL.

It was the lower left side and it took ten minutes for me to get the socks on.
    The pain has dulled slightly but it's still there, and along with my tummy cramps and my neck pain (which was caused by lifting weights), I'm a croc.
    I need Jaffa Cakes, tea and my bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

An ebay seller lists an email address in the listing for an item. There's a typo in the domain part, my email provider returns the mail. I notice this, correct and send again. This morning its returned again, server is not accepting mails. I try to send them an ebay message, they're not accepting them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    An ebay seller lists an email address in the listing for an item. There's a typo in the domain part, my email provider returns the mail. I notice this, correct and send again. This morning its returned again, server is not accepting mails. I try to send them an ebay message, they're not accepting them either.

should you really be trying to contact an ebay seller outside of ebay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

This new rounding thing is a trivial annoyance.
    I like rounding but I don't like that it's the change that's rounded rather than the total bill. It results in stupid situations like the following.
    I go into Tesco to get milk and bread and something else. I go to the automated machine and the total is precisely €3.01. So I have a nice fresh 2 euro coin and a nice fresh 1 euro coin and I pop them both in. Machine insists on the extra 1 cent though. I try arguing with the machine that if I put in a five cent piece, it'll owe me 4c change and then round that up to 5c and will have to then give me the 5c piece straight back so what's the bloody point but the machine is oddly impervious to my logical reasoning. And as it happens I don't have any 5c pieces. In fact all I have is a €20 note. So sighing petulantly, I feed that in. Machine starts machining and slowly deduces that I'm now owed €19.99 change and then rounds that up to €20.
    AND THEN starts spouting out ten €2 coins.
    Bulling I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Vivid dreams.

Over the last while I've dreamed:

1. I ran a Marathon. I've only ever done a half and have no interest, but I ran the exact route and back again in my dream (or at least the best part of), work up with calf cramp
    2. I dreamt of what at the time seemed like a full day of work, this was on a Tuesday night. THAT, was a long week
    3. Last night I dreamt I was at some party in a mountain hotel in Canada, went on for hours and it was awfully boring. I went to bed at 11, woke after this dream and it was only 1am, thankfully I had more hours to get some decent sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Waiting for the toilet cistern to fill up for another flush, but trying it too soon, then having to endure an even longer humiliating wait, while in the next room everyone is listening in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

franer1970 wrote: »
    Waiting for the toilet cistern to fill up for another flush, but trying it too soon, then having to endure an even longer humiliating wait, while in the next room everyone is listening in.

Hahaha.
    Another one is when someone farts in the toilet and it echoes in the bowl and everyone hears.

TA'd that I have to drive to the airport and I fking hate that roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

using ctrl + Y to repeat an action in Excel with one hand, it's quite the stretch. Short sightedness on keyboard shortcuts IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The Ryder Cup on Sky Sports,

It's one of the few golf tournaments I enjoy watching, but Sky don't half make it a cringe fest.

Same way they cringe up the Lions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

franer1970 wrote: »

Must have been a 'biggy', was it?

Pro Tip, break it up a little next time, when was the last time you swallowed a banana 'whole' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

guile4582 wrote: »
    using ctrl + Y to repeat an action in Excel with one hand, it's quite the stretch. Short sightedness on keyboard shortcuts IMO

Use two fingers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

guile4582 wrote: »

You can change the shortcuts.

My TA right now is that I still don't have my laptop. I dropped it to the repair shop in July. Took a week to diagnose the problem then took a three week break. Then after weeks of waiting they finally tell me they are waiting on a part but it would be ready today. I get an email saying the part is stuck in customs so it won't be ready after all. :mad: I'm so annoyed with myself for not going somewhere else when I heard they were closing shop for three weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

kfallon wrote:
    Pro Tip, break it up a little next time, when was the last time you swallowed a banana 'whole'

What are you breaking it up with?! You put an awful rank image in my head there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement