Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Use two fingers?
    TA when I read that first I actually thought it was a reply to franer1970/Kfallon's posts and just wanted to be sick.

On another bodily fluid/substance issue. TA when you get blood tests done and you can hear it gurgling as it goes into the tube. The GP nurse who was there for years was ace at it but the new nurse always manages to create the gurgle. A family member can't even stand to look at the needle and has been known to pass out. If he ever has to go to this new nurse I think they will be picking him up off the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

guile4582 wrote: »
    using ctrl + Y to repeat an action in Excel with one hand, it's quite the stretch. Short sightedness on keyboard shortcuts IMO

F4 does the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

razorblunt wrote: »
    F4 does the same thing.

give this boy a can of coke

thanks!

That an SMS automatically converts to an MMS when you write more than a few sentences. Grrr. (I know to download Handcent now, but what a silly thing that the stock text messenger on the phone refuses to stop converting a conventional text into an MMS)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

Use two fingers?

That's what your Ma said.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD

Read the rules of the thread please. Please.

Please.

Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

People on escalators / travellators who stop and stand there once they get off, oblivious to the fact they can cause a pile up! Had to let a roar at an old dear to keep on moving who decided to stop at the bottom of the travellator in Tesco last weekend with her trolley.

Felt kinda bad but she would have felt worse if she took the force of a trolley full of shopping bags in the back. Keep moving people!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA that I have opened an excel spreadsheet and am ctrl Y'ing and and F4'ing to my hearts content and nothing is happening. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

CPSW wrote: »
    People on escalators / travellators who stop and stand there once they get off, oblivious to the fact they can cause a pile up! Had to let a roar at an old dear to keep on moving who decided to stop at the bottom of the travellator in Tesco last weekend with her trolley.

Felt kinda bad but she would have felt worse if she took the force of a trolley full of shopping bags in the back. Keep moving people!
    On a similar theme, people who stand in the doorway of a shop, or in the middle of the supermarket aisle when having a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Spiteful manipulator who won't get the message I don't want anything to do with them.

They want to appear the friendly helpful person to everyone all the time and they can't stand it when they're seen for who they really are. Stop leading on people with your lies.

Weekend is ruined now because of your antics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

In a rush.

Didn't wash my hands enough after handling chillies

put contact lens in, it hurt my eye. Tried the other eye.

****ing chilli pain in both eyes, I am retarded

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

music videos that are clearly not a video for that song but just spliced clips from their other videos...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Being unattractive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

BabyE wrote: »
    Being unattractive

I am also having one of those days.

Texting people who don't answer and time wasters who say they are willing to buy goods off you spending an hour going through it then saying they don't know if they want them or not. Fcking time wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had no change at all for the trolley at Tesco. I went inside and had to queue for ages to buy a bottle of water I didn't want so I could get change. Nearly lost my mind in there, it's not my local Tesco and it has the crappest layout of any supermarket ever. I usually avoid it like the plague, but it was the closest supermarket to me while out today. Most of my time was spent trying to locate what I wanted. One would expect to find bottles of dilutable drinks in the aisle with the bottles of water etc. , but no, down in the fridges near the milk. WTF:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

IT blocking me from the internet in work with a big flashing message..frightened the life out of me before I realised what was up.I was on boards but not logged in...wonder can I sue if I get fired??ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Watching a bit of the GAA here to see what all the fuss is about. That weedy little Norn Iron fella has the most annoying voice ever. And how the hell is that creature Marty Morrissey allowed on national television? The hair is painted onto his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

73Cat wrote: »
    I had no change at all for the trolley at Tesco. I went inside and had to queue for ages to buy a bottle of water I didn't want so I could get change. Nearly lost my mind in there, it's not my local Tesco and it has the crappest layout of any supermarket ever. I usually avoid it like the plague, but it was the closest supermarket to me while out today. Most of my time was spent trying to locate what I wanted. One would expect to find bottles of dilutable drinks in the aisle with the bottles of water etc. , but no, down in the fridges near the milk. WTF:(
    The point being to make you traipse through the shop. All part of their cunning plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

guile4582 wrote: »
    give this boy a can of coke

thanks!

Oh my God, I haven't heard that phrase in years!! Primary school trip to the coke factory

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I poured a glass of wine and left it on the portable computer table I have. (It has four wheels in a cross-ways design so one end of the table is more supported than the other).

So I left the wine glass on the supported end.
    I took a sip and placed the glass back down.
    It tilted over and spilled wine everywhere.
    Cursing myself for being clumsy, I got up and cleaned up the mess; doesn't liquid just get EVERYWHERE?!

Refilled my wine.

About ten minutes later, my foot touched off the wheels of the table and my glass fell over again.

More wine all over the floor AND the sofa this time.
    "Jesus Christ!" I shouted, mopping it all up again, "bloody place will stink tomorrow!"
    So after cleaning up, I sat back down, sweating at this stage and my hair all stuck to my face.

Refilled the glass and yep, knocked it over again.

In a temper, I downed the rest of the glass and the bottle so there'd be no more wine to fking spill and now I'm all annoyed.
    That table's going in the bin.
    Even if it wasn't the table's fault.
    Cider wouldn't do this to me.

Also TA'd that a new shampoo I bought that promised to give me non-greasy roots hasn't made a jot of difference.
    My roots are greasy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

This new trend of girls wearing chokers.
    They make you look murdery.

Singers on chat-shows doing impromptu singing.
    It's cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The pain from wisdom teeth is driving me INSANE. I need to woman up and sort out getting the ba$tards removed - before I kill someone! Also, this stupid cold I've had for the past two weeks seems to have turned into an infection, just coughed up a little blood. Doctor tomorrow! I don't know why I get nervous about going to the doc, cause she's honestly lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Drivers with their arm resting on the window ledge of their car whilst driving. I'm sorry mate. You're not fully in control of your vehicle. Also even worse, those tossers who have their window rolled down and have their hand out the window, and sometimes resting it on the roof. What the f@ck is that all about ? You're not fully in control of your vehicle either

• Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

TA'd that we're now being told that we do not have enough hospitals and that we need to build 6 more.
    We had more hospitals but they were downsized. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone that says COYBIB. Die.

Some utter piece of sh*t scraped the back of my car just after I've gone and paid to get all the scratches fixed.I honestly could cry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Colser wrote: »
    Some utter piece of sh*t scraped the back of my car just after I've gone and paid to get all the scratches fixed.I honestly could cry...

Same happens to me.
    But it was the side of the car....and it was the nasty spiteful Pillarl in dundrum car park that done it...with me at the steering wheel.
    A little part of me dies every time I see it.

Winterlong wrote:
    Same happens to me. But it was the side of the car....and it was the nasty spiteful Pillarl in dundrum car park that done it...with me at the steering wheel. A little part of me dies every time I see it.

Someone here just asked me did I hit something myself!!!Like I wouldn't notice that...then they said maybe it was a high kerb,WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Drivers who push their seats back to the last notch so they can basically drive lying down. It's not safe, and as your backseat passenger who had to spend 4 hours with my legs bent up uncomfortably so you could pan out, it's just rude. (thanks for the lift but I'll drive myself in future)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I am in the ravages of fury. It's taking me all my willpower to not murder them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement