Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JohanFr

Stupid kids making noise and sound effects outside. With their mee-maws and kapows.

Go have your childhood elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Women who shove their relationship down your throat like they are trying to justify themselves by the fact that some cabog gives them sausage every once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Women who shove their relationship down your throat like they are trying to justify themselves by the fact that some cabog gives them sausage every once in a while.

If they're talking about it it usually means they're not doing it...keep your powder dry and let them off..classless yokes by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was tying my hair up earlier with one of those hair grips (hair clamp? you know the thing that's like a claw with a hinge thing on it?) and I grabbed my scalp as well as my hair. I thought I drew blood it was that sore.

I was visiting a friend earlier who lives in a bungalow and when I went to use her loo, I was aware she had no bathroom blind so when I was sitting on the loo, I was conscious that the top of my head was visible at the window, so anyone passing by would have known I was sat on the throne.
    I had stage fright for ages before I could actually use the toilet!

Also TA'd that I can feel a migraine coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TA when you see people forming their opinions and basing their actions out of fear and past hurt because they expect history to always repeat itself which makes me a little sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭GeneralVanilla

When a previously unknown band has a big hit with a song based on one subject/theme or style, and then a few months later they release the same thing but slightly different.

Like if they hit it big with ,say, a song about drugs with a reggae backing, a few months later ...out comes a song about drink with steel drums and salsa backing.

2nd one generally bombs, but they don't let it die. Food addiction with a mariachi band. Xbox addiction with tango.
    Anything to keep riding the wave of hit number 1.

10 years later they're still playing hit 1 at Cornwall's accountant-fest.
    Just take the cash from the hit and let it die gracefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Most mornings the past couple weeks I've stopped at the local petrol station, usually picking a pack of softmints, something to suck on for the day

Cashier scans them "jaysus you sure do love your softmints"

Guess who can't buy softmints anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

The icons on screens one uses to go to last unread post, why are they so bloody small!
    Ye designers, Some of us useing touch screens could do with finger size targets,
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Everything today.

I'm like an anti-christ this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

fussyonion wrote: »
    I poured a glass of wine and left it on the portable computer table I have. (It has four wheels in a cross-ways design so one end of the table is more supported than the other).

So I left the wine glass on the supported end.
    I took a sip and placed the glass back down.
    It tilted over and spilled wine everywhere.
    Cursing myself for being clumsy, I got up and cleaned up the mess; doesn't liquid just get EVERYWHERE?!

Refilled my wine.

About ten minutes later, my foot touched off the wheels of the table and my glass fell over again.

More wine all over the floor AND the sofa this time.
    "Jesus Christ!" I shouted, mopping it all up again, "bloody place will stink tomorrow!"
    So after cleaning up, I sat back down, sweating at this stage and my hair all stuck to my face.

Refilled the glass and yep, knocked it over again.

In a temper, I downed the rest of the glass and the bottle so there'd be no more wine to fking spill and now I'm all annoyed.
    That table's going in the bin.
    Even if it wasn't the table's fault.
    Cider wouldn't do this to me.

Also TA'd that a new shampoo I bought that promised to give me non-greasy roots hasn't made a jot of difference.
    My roots are greasy.

I'm so fúckin TA at you just reading this. What a waste of wine :(

• Advertisement

People who don't live in the area coming around to pick blackberries. I know they don't belong to anyone but it annoys me so much these feckers get there before me every year. Wagons. Nothing is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Deedsie wrote: »
    People with SUV'S, land rovers etc without a towbar...

and again people who leave the dealership stickers on their cars and the dealership surround around their registration plate. Take them off and take some pride in your property. They look untidy.

Also people who say "mate" all the time. I'm not your mate, I'll never be your mate primarily because you use such a cringey term to greet someone. Just stop.

People who fly tip... absolute ignorant scumbags

Agree totally with that, stop calling me mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

People pointing out all the bad stuff and not concentrating on anything decent I've done. What am I? Target practice fro your inept ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People pointing out all the bad stuff and not concentrating on anything decent I've done. What am I? Target practice fro your inept ****e.

*For

sorry

Omackeral wrote: »
    *For

sorry

:D

Agree totally with that, stop calling me mate!
    Calm down Buddy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd at myself I'm really flipping dopey today and making a hames of everything :/

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Every time I swallow, it feels like cats claws scratching my throat, not the playful toying with a ball of yarn scratching, the f*ck you buddy type of cat scratching.

And to make it worse, it's making me crave a ciggie more than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Calm down Buddy :P

:D:D:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Still not 100% over the weekend's hangover
    Am catching a cold
    have an exam this week, great timing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When somebody doesn't quote a post properly (by omitting part of the code) so the post and all subsequent posts quoting the ones before get all f**ked up.

osarusan wrote: »
    When somebody doesn't quote a post properly (by omitting part of the code) so the post and all subsequent posts quoting the ones before get all f**ked up.

like that ↑ ↑

like that ↑ ↑

and then this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Most mornings the past couple weeks I've stopped at the local petrol station, usually picking a pack of softmints, something to suck on for the day

Cashier scans them "jaysus you sure do love your softmints"

Guess who can't buy softmints anymore :(

Softmints in general.
    I can't buy and hold onto them like normal mints, they get eaten like sweets.
    Can't help but chew either.

like that ↑ ↑

TA that you got in before me!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Driving into a petrol station to get some food and not petrol so I go to park in one of those long spaces that holds about four cars one after the other. There's one car at the very top when the car ahead of me pulls into the space as well but doesn't drive up behind the first car. He's just kind of floating half way in the space leaving f all room behind him for me but a load of space in front of him. I could have obviously pulled out and parked in front of him but....well I just didn't want to then!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was driving today and thinking to myself "God, I've been lucky I haven't had any car trouble recently" (Something happens to my car every few months; puncture, broken wiper, windscreen damage, etc) but as I turned the corner onto my road, the indicator started fast-clicking.
    I need a new indicator bulb.
    Curse me and my jinxyness!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Went in to tesco after work. Could have bought any number of things that would have made me a wonderful healthy tasty tea.
    But no. Too tired and unimaginative.
    Mighty Meat feast Pizza it is. Again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TA I now have strong competition for the end of year Murphy's Law prize. Fussy Onion seems like a strong contender but I'm confident I will probably shade it in the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement