Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I must have filled out a million of those car insurance forms. Jewbus my head is melted from it.

No typos Mr Mackeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭GeneralVanilla

Check out the latest Diva pics and videos.
    Service costs €12.50 !!! (Edit ... jaysus)

Well...no.

I mean im manipulable and all ...but youre advertising subscription pictures to me via the medium of a free picture machine.

One filled with a lets say 'higher quality' product.

Thats like trying to sell salad at an all you can eat buffet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Kim Kardashian all over the news and social media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

mansize wrote: »
    Kim Kardashian all over the news and social media

I am somewhat annoyed that the cynic in me deosnt believe it fully and suspects it to be insurance as kayne was supposedly broke earlier in the year

(Hope in one way I'm wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I'm after using €12 of my phone credit 'cos I never switched back to WiFi. Ball$ to that. :rolleyes: :mad::mad: And the reason why I had it at Mobile Data in the first place was for Google Maps as I was planning to go visit a relative and don't know the area she lives in that well. I had an idea of the direction I needed to go but didn't listen to myself and of course went off where Google Maps told me where to go thinking/hoping it was a shorter way! Shure not all, why would it.... D'y'care would it..... No..... I don't know where in the hell it was bringing me ffs..... :P:rolleyes::rolleyes: Another different neighbouring Village entirely ffs. So now not only have I wasted 30kms of petrol, but I've also lost €12 now as well ffs! F. F. S. :mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Getting off the bus today, and just overheard some mother giving out to her child and saying "I want to jump out of this bus, and leave you behind".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I have the number of my house stuck in massive letters on the front of my wheelie bin because there was some trouble a few years back with people taking each other's bins by mistake. So why, dear neighbour, was my bin sitting in your garden this morning? I felt like a right weirdo this morning having to scramble into your garden at 7am on my way to work and loudly bounce it down the steps which probably caused other neighbours to look out and wonder why I was stealing 'your' bin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Getting off the bus today, and just overheard some mother giving out to her child and saying "I want to jump out of this bus, and leave you behind".

That's so annoying.

It's "jump off this bus" :pac:

I've held the door for you, even though you are outside the acceptable distance zone! I note that you don't increase your speed in any way in order to make up the distance quicker and put us both out of our misery. You then saunter on through the door with a phone stuck to your ear without acknowledging me in any way, shape or form. I hope you die roaring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I have said it before and I will say it again.
    People who do not know how to drive when there is more than one lane.
    The right hand lanes are for passing. Not for sauntering along at half the speed limit while people pass you on the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Vel wrote: »
    I've held the door for you, even though you are outside the acceptable distance zone! I note that you don't increase your speed in any way in order to make up the distance quicker and put us both out of our misery. You then saunter on through the door with a phone stuck to your ear without acknowledging me in any way, shape or form. I hope you die roaring!

You should have muttered 'prick' as they walked past without acknowledging you!

kfallon wrote: »
    You should have muttered 'prick' as they walked past without acknowledging you!

TA'd that I couldn't because he most likely has the power to send me my P60!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Kitchen drawer with all the rolled up stuff; tin foil, cling film, grease proof paper etc. I always leave the serrated edges at the bottom of the drawer, so as not to rip the skin off the backs of my fingers when taking one of the boxes.

Mrs S leaves the serrated edges pointing upwards.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Subacio wrote: »
    Kitchen drawer with all the rolled up stuff; tin foil, cling film, grease proof paper etc. I always leave the serrated edges at the bottom of the drawer, so as not to rip the skin off the backs of my fingers when taking one of the boxes.

Mrs S leaves the serrated edges pointing upwards.

That's grounds for divorce.

Mrs. Bap puts the toilet roll on the holder the wrong way all the time. That grinds my gears.

Guy starts to mount the pavement to park illegally right as I am walking by, as in he is aiming the car directly at me! My death stare is met with some 'wtf' hand gestures from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd by bad drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Mrs. Bap puts the toilet roll on the holder the wrong way all the time. That grinds my gears.

I'm a freak for making sure the toilet roll is on the right way. If I'm in someone else's house and they have the roll the wrong way, I'll change it round. Why do I care???? TA'd that I don't understand the need to mess with someone else's toilet roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Grown adults on the LUAS who don't seem to have figured out that the correct way to stand is with your feet planted along the axis of travel, so that you can remain stable under acceleration and braking. Instead they stand facing the front or rear of the tram and spend the whole journey swaying and stumbling back and forward; arms flailing all over the place; falling into people. Absolute saps, the world is full of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

tickets, my passport, kids passports, taxi booked for the airport tomorrow morning, packing all done, phone and charger, yep that's everything. Oh hold on, I nearly forgot a few million quids worth of jewellery!

Fcuken idiot.

TA'd by everything today #pms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I must have filled out a million of those car insurance forms. Jewbus my head is melted from it.

No typos Mr Mackeral.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. My username has a typo. It should be 'Omackerel' (it's a nickname from a fishing trip) so the joke is on me every time I log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

This is small, but it puts my teeth on edge every single time:

When I find a bunch of grapes with the little damp frayed ends where some Eeejit has picked the individual grapes off the bunch, leaving it looking bare and half-empty, with little bald twiglets showing all forlorn and decrepit.

The RIGHT way, folks, is to get a scissors and snip off the little cluster of grapes that you want. They often obligingly subdivide into tiny clumps as small as only two or three berries. Some people have hands or fingers strong enough to twist off a small cluster, but I can't: a scissors is neater anyway.

This way, the bunch of grapes stays plump and fresh-looking, and far more presentable and appetising in appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

The girl who sells me my morning scone while I'm still half asleep and in no mood for chat is way too happy and chatty.
    "Did you watch the match?"
    "Isn't is a lovely morning?"
    "Would you like a bag? Are you sure?"

Then I feel like a wagon cos she's really lovely and I'm a mute worzelhead who just wants an effing scone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Auditors

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

"in-store", "in-app", "in-branch", "in-game"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Quiet days at work. They drive me demented. Trying to look busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Winterlong wrote: »
    Quiet days at work. They drive me demented. Trying to look busy.

You could clear out some of your inbox :P

My annoyance today is being asked a question then being told the answer before I can even open my mouth. Why the heck did you ask in the first place? :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've just had a converstation with Mrs. Bap that started on Google chat, moved to FB chat and new we are on WhatsApp.

Choose a single medium!!!!!

TA'd that Boom Bap isn't Boom Fap cos Mrs Fab makes roar with laughter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

TAd at the falling standards of basic English on Independent website

Using the wrong word in the feckin headline.
    Manchester United star sites club's past failings as reason to believe they can still win Premier League
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-united/manchester-united-star-sites-clubs-past-failings-as-reason-to-believe-they-can-still-win-premier-league-35102374.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement