Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

DHL texted me to say they're delivering a package I ordered, tomorrow.
    They won't specify a time and I will be out most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

Bought some vacuum storage bags today.

The clerk told me as she gave me my change back with a cheery "Enjoy"

TA'd at how exactly I am to enjoy Vacuum storage bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was in a shopping centre today, sitting down having a coffee with a friend.
    There was a woman sitting across from us with a man.
    She kept glancing over at me.

She did it at least four times. She actually turned her head to look at me. Then she whispered something to her companion and he looked too.
    She looked at me again. And again.

Finally, I said "Are you alright?" to which she replied "Yes fine".
    I don't know what the hell her problem was.
    I didn't have spinach in my teeth and I wasn't naked.

I find people staring SO rude. When I was a kid, I was always told not to stare at people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'm a freak for making sure the toilet roll is on the right way. If I'm in someone else's house and they have the roll the wrong way, I'll change it round. Why do I care???? TA'd that I don't understand the need to mess with someone else's toilet roll!

Are you Francis Brennan?

TA at ads that use the word mum as a noun, such as 80% of mums agreed!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Poochie05 wrote: »
    TA at ads that use the word mum as a noun, such as 80% of mums agreed!

Sorry but I have to ask... isn't 'mum' a noun?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ordered tshirts for a convention about 3 weeks ago. The convention is this weekend. Got a 'dispatched' email on Saturday saying that the expected delivery date is the 28th October. WTF? Clearly weren't in stock when I ordered them but that wasn't mentioned when I ordered.

So I ordered another tshirt yesterday morning and paid extra for express delivery. Got the 'dispatched' email today saying it would be delivered Friday......after I leave for the convention.
    Express delivery is NOT 4 days after I order. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

valoren wrote: »

Enjoy life, the day ahead of you, possible plans you have arranged but didn't specify.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

New Home wrote: »
    Sorry but I have to ask... isn't 'mum' a noun?:confused:

I suppose it is, or at least it has become one. I'd see it more as a term of endearment. The formal noun would be mother. But even if it is a noun, it's when used in the context above, in ads in particular, especially in the plural, that is my TA! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

fussyonion wrote:
    DHL texted me to say they're delivering a package I ordered, tomorrow. They won't specify a time and I will be out most of the day.

Tell them to leave it in the wheelie bin or something.

TA when you spend time on a big PM and it disappears..happening all the time and driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colser wrote: »
    TA when you spend time on a big PM and it disappears..happening all the time and driving me mad.

It's ok, you can just give me the short version of it :P

It's a day where I prob should be happy or you're supposed to be but my God I'm like a cúnt right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Locked myself out of internet banking and phone provider login thingy within minutes of each other.

DOPE :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

T.A'd at Technology. Ya have to set aside a good hour anymore now for updates and then it plays with yer head majorly. All tabs loading and circling for about 3 hours constantly pausing or stopping n' starting or whatever and then it switches off and back on again and it's "initializing" for another half an effing hour. :rolleyes::rolleyes: FCUK off.

T.A.'d at Smart-Phones. Just. EVERYTHING about them. There just shouldn't have ever been any circumstance whereby we went from such wonderful Battery-life of the Blockia days to what we have now. There's just no excuse for it. I just find it in-comprehensible. Loads of other things about them too, but would be here for 3 days writing. Went to turn up volume on Phone today using the ya-know Volume button. Press it up volume should raise. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. What did I get?! Some sh1te about Priority, none and all? Zero idea what that is about. I'll tell ya what ye should be making a priority. For the effing Volume-button to do what it's supposed to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

T.A'd at Technology. Ya have to set aside a good hour anymore now for updates and then it plays with yer head majorly. All tabs loading and circling for about 3 hours constantly pausing or stopping n' starting or whatever and then it switches off and back on again and it's "initializing" for another half an effing hour. :rolleyes::rolleyes: FCUK off.

T.A.'d at Smart-Phones. Just. EVERYTHING about them. There just shouldn't have ever been any circumstance whereby we went from such wonderful Battery-life of the Blockia days to what we have now. There's just no excuse for it. I just find it in-comprehensible. Loads of other things about them too, but would be here for 3 days writing. Went to turn up volume on Phone today using the ya-know Volume button. Press it up volume should raise. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. What did I get?! Some sh1te about Priority, none and all? Zero idea what that is about. I'll tell ya what ye should be making a priority. For the effing Volume-button to do what it's supposed to do!

Similar, I go to do a text message on the damn thing and its so bloody sensitive that it always triggers this annoying app with the blaring What Would You Like To Do!!!!!!!!. Fcuk off I already know what I want to do.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

'He was a very friendly man but he kept to himself'

You often get this soundbite from a neighbour in a headline when its reported in the media someone died. Who doesn't keep to themselves. 'He kept to himself' sounds like some caveat about the person like they are alluding this is some chink in their personality. Oh of course you could never say the same about the people who say this about others even if they dont know they names of their nearest neighbours. I think what the nosey parkers really mean is ''We didnt know enough about him as we wanted to because they kept to themselves you see''. What do you expect?, for them to be knocking in to their neighbours houses on the way back from the shops to tell them the latest gossip or ask to borrow some sugar?. Is this what you have to do to avoid that horrible soundbite.
    Hate that phrase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Shakeydesk guy across from me opened the window and then put on his scarf. I'm growing to despise him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Someone in my office has just microwaved some sort of Fish meal.....the smell of it is gross...at 9am. Yeuch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I have to pass by a neighbour every morning who is walking towards me in the opposite direction.

Every time I see her, I say "hello" too soon which leaves about 3.5 awkward seconds of saying nothing and not making eye contact to pass by oneanother.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd that I have to attend a training course for a new software programme but it's not completed. What's the point in training people on something that isn't finished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I'm a freak for making sure the toilet roll is on the right way. If I'm in someone else's house and they have the roll the wrong way, I'll change it round. Why do I care???? TA'd that I don't understand the need to mess with someone else's toilet roll!
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    Are you Francis Brennan?

No, honestly, that's the only thing I do that's a bit freaky! Don't care if the ware is stacked in the sink instead of put into the dishwasher. Don't care if clothes are left on the floor instead of the laundry basket. Don't even care if the toothpaste is squeezed from the middle!

But for some reason, a toilet roll put on the wrong way round just turns me into "one of those sort of people" :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I touched a spider this morning :eek: He was HUGE! I didn't see him lurking in the sink and I went to put my mug in and felt this furry yolk touching my hand. I jumped about 5 feet and screamed so loud my dog came running in barking. Eugh. Wound up being late as I tried to navigate him into a glass to put him outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

valoren wrote: »

I know right, they just suck the fun out of everything.

TA'd right now that I've missed my mouth twice when drinking water, my shirt had just dried too after the first attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

All excited to hand in my notice in work but then my boss is out sick!

The increasing tolerance of bad grammar in society annoys me. Especially in song lyrics. For example, people saying "this is my sorry" instead of "this is my apology". Also, that stupid headwrecking song about being 30 years old, and he sings "soon I'll be sixty years old, my daddy got sixty one" - what the fúck? He "got" 61? This makes no sense! Also a general acceptance of "sat" instead of sitting, even newspapers are allowing it in now. The world is clearly falling apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭GeneralVanilla

Jrop wrote: »
    TA'd that I have to attend a training course for a new software programme but it's not completed. What's the point in training people on something that isn't finished

Every training course ive been on has had a scheduling problem where the tutor says something like : change of plans folks, instead of this being the course you read about and signed up for we've had to cut the length by two weeks, change the subject and ill be replaced by a novice, because reasons, see you now - ive wasted your time but there are no repurcussions because there just arent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

Olishi4 wrote:
    Every time I see her, I say "hello" too soon which leaves about 3.5 awkward seconds of saying nothing and not making eye contact to pass by oneanother.

I too suffer from premature salutation.

Stay strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

i am still sick. since saturday. it's now wednesday. that is too long for a cold to have me beached on the couch.

my ears are ringing from the cold and all my teeth are sore

my phone screen is falling off so I can't use it in bed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    tickets, my passport, kids passports, taxi booked for the airport tomorrow morning, packing all done, phone and charger, yep that's everything. Oh hold on, I nearly forgot a few million quids worth of jewellery!

Fcuken idiot.

And now I see the brave Kanye has vowed to "track these guys down and deal with them"

I reckon he has watched too many Liam Neeson movies.

Another fcuken clown!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The increasing tolerance of bad grammar in society annoys me. Especially in song lyrics. For example, people saying "this is my sorry" instead of "this is my apology". Also, that stupid headwrecking song about being 30 years old, and he sings "soon I'll be sixty years old, my daddy got sixty one" - what the fúck? He "got" 61? This makes no sense!
    It isn't a recent phenomenon in song lyrics. Listen to Aretha Franklin belting out "Respect" - "R. E. S. P. E. C. T. - take out T.C.P."

Never judge the world by sing lyrics

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭GeneralVanilla

Dodge wrote: »
    It isn't a recent phenomenon in song lyrics. Listen to Aretha Franklin belting out "Respect" - "R. E. S. P. E. C. T. - take out T.C.P."

R.e.s.e ??

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »

RESE? :eek::confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement