Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Someone that cuts the steak in the non stick frying pan to see if it's cooked, and leaves a lovely cut mark on the pan, bloody yanks my chain anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

More than trivially annoying I thought the submit date for a couple of college project things was 8pm... It was 5. I was done then but decided to sit out in the sun and submit it before 8. So either this fella will have to give me an extension or I'll "fail" the module and have to resubmit them in autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

More than trivially annoying I thought the submit date for a couple of college project things was 8pm... It was 5. I was done then but decided to sit out in the sun and submit it before 8. So either this fella will have to give me an extension or I'll "fail" the module and have to resubmit them in autumn

You've actually TA'd me, why didn't you just submit it when it was done earlier ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'd been in college for hours today in a dark room so sat outside eating food and stayed till the sun went in :{ which was also trivially annoying because it was just a little too cold to be comfortable out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

ta'd i thought it was around 7pm wth??:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

TA that Im not sure whats wrong with kfallon and Im afraid to ask him in case he bites my head off.:D

Also if anyone can tell me how to do an apostrophe on this bloody laptop I would be very grateful.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

(at the risk of a ban, which i'll be t-a'd at)

it's the button with '@ on it, tsk tsk..:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...or, depending on the keyboard, the button beside the zero just above the letter P.

TA - When your keyboard inexplicably switches 'language' without any warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Jesus C*rist'''''''''''

I'm actually blushing here,I googled that and all.

Thanks selous:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Fking adverts grrr. My dog is a sweet lad but very nervous coming from a shelter. So in last while 4 adverts have doorbells in them and it sets him off. Muppets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Fking adverts grrr. My dog is a sweet lad but very nervous coming from a shelter. So in last while 4 adverts have doorbells in them and it sets him off. Muppets.

Never mind your dog, they set me off thinking someone is at the door as well!

TA that I need to make an appointment with a nurse to get blood taken for another day.

So I seen a GP last week who said get bloods done, so now I phoned this week, no appointments with nurse till next week. Sure whats wrong might be cleared up by now, and I am just lazy and don't want to walk to the surgery again so soon.
    Back home if the GP wanted blood you just sat in a queue any time, any day thats as handy and got it done. Seemed better? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Full inboxes

Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd that Friday night tv is so shíte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

ta'd that i watch too much tv :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

kfallon wrote: »
    TA'd that Friday night tv is so shíte

BBC 4 is pretty good right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My silly kitten Fluffy didn't come in for dinner. I drove all around the yard and the farm looking for her and no sign. I walked around looking and calling and still no sign. I finally gave up and went inside, maybe with a few tears in my eyes, and my boyfriend calls me. There she was, strolling along without a care in the world! And to make it an even greater TA, she didn't appreciate my hug and just meowed at me to feed her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

KatW4 wrote: »
    My silly kitten Fluffy didn't come in for dinner. I drove all around the yard and the farm looking for her and no sign. I walked around looking and calling and still no sign. I finally gave up and went inside, maybe with a few tears in my eyes, and my boyfriend calls me. There she was, strolling along without a care in the world! And to make it an even greater TA, she didn't appreciate my hug and just meowed at me to feed her.

Aww :)

A few of my cats disappear for a week or more at a time. I've given up worrying now as they'll always return, and they don't appear to be starving either! :)

My TA is that I smoke out in the garden, and one of the cats loves a good pet. But she sorta bites when she gets really into it. I thought I was being a smart boyo to start rubbing here with the side of my shoe. Now whenever I try to walk in the garden, she's nosediving her face at my feet, and has nearly caused me to face-plant myself more than once now. Cute little sh!t!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Catching the end of what seems to be a really good film.

Black lips from drinking red wine.

People who talk SO much.
    My mother talks and talks and talks and I feel like saying "Jesus, will you ever give it a rest for five minutes!"
    I can quite happily sit in silence for a few minutes without the need to yap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

fussyonion wrote: »
    People who talk SO much.
    My mother talks and talks and talks and I feel like saying "Jesus, will you ever give it a rest for five minutes!"
    I can quite happily sit in silence for a few minutes without the need to yap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I had some really garlicy garlic bread with my dinner and I just can't get that taste out of my mouth! I even had some ice cream after but it just won't go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

miezekatze wrote: »
    I had some really garlicy garlic bread with my dinner and I just can't get that taste out of my mouth! I even had some ice cream after but it just won't go away.

Chomp on some fresh parsley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA at obnoxious beepers. There's something about being behind the wheel that brings both out the anger and bravery in some. Would they start shouting or getting aggressive if the person ahead of them was taking ages at the ATM or some other queue? Yet from a safe distance on the road in the same type of scenario they'll beep and roar. People get pretty brave alright.

Honestly I just hate the sound of a car born. That and loud sneezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA at obnoxious beepers. There's something about being behind the wheel that brings both out the anger and bravery in some. Would they start shouting or getting aggressive if the person ahead of them was taking ages at the ATM or some other queue? Yet from a safe distance on the road in the same type of scenario they'll beep and roar. People get pretty brave alright.

Honestly I just hate the sound of a car born. That and loud sneezing.

People that beep in traffic. I was in stop start commuter traffic and the eejit behind me started leaning on the horn. Yes, it's frustrating but where would you like the hundred and fifty other cars in front of you to move to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA that I had a dream someone gave me a back massage. Woke and realised it was all a dream and that I still am in pain.

Our shower went on fire!! Just what I needed this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

The rain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

What the hell is with using and murdering 80s songs by turning them into dance remixes? There's one using Madonna's Borderline, and I've just heard a God awful dance version of Don Henley's The Boys of Summer. Fcuk off and stop ruining my teenage memories :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Ugh, do I go out tonight or do i stay in bed.

Answers on a postcard please!

Haven't been out in months but the weather is so shiite.

TA.

Plans that have been changed on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Poor umbrella etiquette.

I was in a crowd today and a woman pushed in front of me to stand right in my way with a huge golf umbrella, completely blocking my view. I think it might have been the parasol from her patio furniture, the bloody thing was so big.

Another guy had a broken brolly with a spike sticking out and he kept swiveling around, oblivious to the fact that he nearly took the eye out of the people beside him.

In general I think umbrellas should be banned from crowds. In fact umbrellas are just stupid things and should probably be banned completely until someone designs one that doesn't fall asunder at the slightest breath of wind and doesn't have the potential to inflict bodily injury on anyone within a five foot radius.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement