Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Stupid fúcking teenage man-children on the bus this morning. I was half poisoned with the stink of Lynx Africa. Swear they must have used a can each before leaving the house. Rotten. Plus their annoying deep, gravelly voices were so loud I could hear them even with my earphones up to the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

ONW TA'd by the smell of Lynx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

73Cat wrote: »
    Realising after I bought something on Amazon that it cost twice as much to post.

I decided to splash out a bit on some steak for dinner, followed the cooking instructions and added more time to be sure, and it was still red as fcuk inside.

I had a third whinge and now I can't remember it :(

Oh yeah, there is an ad on my Boards that looks like a bare arse. Its actually a baby, and the ad is for some dry skin treatment but all I can see is what looks like an arse.

Same here. That ad has been annoying me for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

"LOL ARE YOU STILL HERE"??

No no. I'm not here. I'm a big fat eight and a half months pregnant fcuking ILLUSION.

And then. Then. The only lane with space in it was next to Mr Splash So Hard It Feels Like Swimming Through A Tsunami.

UGH. Today is far too peopley. Pricks.

People who are not from Dublin but also not from Mayo, siding with Mayo. What is with all the Dublin hating? Is it Dublin v Ireland? Anyone but Dublin? It's so petty and childish.

• Advertisement

Jrop wrote: »
    ONW TA'd by the smell of Lynx

It's sick. It should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Why do I keep putting the spare sachets of ketchup that come with a takeaway in the fridge?

I never use them - there must be 15 or 20 in a compartment on the door of the fridge.

Considering that I only might have a McDonalds/Supermacs once a month, most of them must be out of date

Seven Worlds will Collide

TA at myself. I tripped over the gap between the saddle board and the tiles in the en suite and cut my toenail. It's really sore.

TA'd at myself cos I thought I must fix that two days ago then stupid me falls over it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

People who sit on their phones beside you laughing at something, blatantly waiting for you to ask what's so funny. I can't be bothered asking because I'm enjoying my lunch or am browsing my phone too. Then they put their phone in your face so you have to watch it and are expected to laugh. IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I have a 'kind of' cold. It is not a full cold yet, but is lingering there and just annoying enough to make me feel crap but not enough to justify any sympathy or a day off work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Winterlong wrote: »
    I have a 'kind of' cold. It is not a full cold yet, but is lingering there and just annoying enough to make me feel crap but not enough to justify any sympathy or a day off work.

At least you get what's happening. The amount of absolute dopes that announce to you that they have the flu while carrying a kleenex around the office. Pal, if you had the flu you'd hardly be out of your bedroom let alone your house.

Omackeral wrote: »
    At least you get what's happening. The amount of absolute dopes that announce to you that they have the flu while carrying a kleenex around the office. Pal, if you had the flu you'd hardly be out of your bedroom let alone your house.

Worse is when you tell people you have a common cold and they start rabbiting on about man flu in a condescending way. Go eat a wasp moron!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I am also on that "in-between stage", something is working on me, sore joints, ear aches, low fever and feeling like sh*te but not very obvious so have to keep on going.

TA at how hard it is to get a GP appointment (not for this cold/flu something else) and I have barley any free time this week so need to get it booked quick! :mad:

Lucyfur wrote: »
    "LOL ARE YOU STILL HERE"??

No no. I'm not here. I'm a big fat eight and a half months pregnant fcuking ILLUSION.

And then. Then. The only lane with space in it was next to Mr Splash So Hard It Feels Like Swimming Through A Tsunami.

UGH. Today is far too peopley. Pricks.

Understanding that you are not in a peopley mood today, and that you may find this trivially annoying - but good luck with the new upcoming arrival!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Pubs that have signs in their windows/forecourts saying "Food Served All Day"....but if you go into them in the middle of the afternoon, outside of peak lunch and dinner times, you'll be told that they haven't started serving food again yet, or the chef doesn't come back on duty until 5.30, or something.

Well, take down your bloody sign that says "Food Served All Day" then. Really pisses me off !!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Teetering on the edge of a cold is sometimes worse than the actual cold because you don't know how you feel.
    Hope you're better soon.

My TA is that I cannot get the heat into me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Understanding that you are not in a peopley mood today, and that you may find this trivially annoying - but good luck with the new upcoming arrival!

<3 thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I washed grapes for the lunch box this morning and laid them on a tea towel. Two minutes later I grabbed the tea towel to dry something. Grapes in every direction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Having a pinched nerve in my lower back. Quite literally a pain in the arse.

TA'd at my clumsy self my toe hurts more today :(

• Advertisement

The Budget.

Being penalised for working. Fúcking USC.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The Budget.

Being penalised for working. Fúcking USC.

but are they not cutting rates and taking approx €200 a year less from us? Us tax-paying peasants should be grateful for the scraps we are given.

but are they not cutting rates and taking approx €200 a year less from us? Us tax-paying peasants should be grateful for the scraps we are given.

USC was supposed to be an emergency, temporary measure.

Thank you for no longer taking 40euro a week off me for the privilege of working, and only taking 35. Wow I feel so...privileged.
    :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There is another thread for budget discussion :)

TA BoomBap is on the ball this morning :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm not sure if the office is uber hot this morning or if I'm just a sweaty bastid. I'm hoping for the former.

TA media obsession with pro-creation. On just one page on MSN there are three headlines side by side: "Rosanna reveals baby plan", "Gerri reveals baby bump", "Cheryl shows off her bump" - wile the rest of the world blows itself up because it cant decide whose God is the real God. FFS :mad: I want to insert a fourth headline - "ONW mourns another crop failure" :P

TA'd how everytime a wafer thin female 'Celeb' gains 2 pounds the media presumes she's pregnant. FFS !

TA'd by the media scrutinising every female 'celebs' body

Jrop wrote: »
    TA'd how everytime a wafer thin female 'Celeb' gains 2 pounds the media presumes she's pregnant. FFS !

TA'd by the media scrutinising every female 'celebs' body

And articles that are called "Celebs that look great at 40" - as if you are expected to look like a hag at 40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    And articles that are called "Celebs that look great at 40" - as if you are expected to look like a hag at 40.

So say we all. Two words - Kirsty Gallacher. Giggity! :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement