Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

more than TA'd by my A***h***le of a neighbour whose late night DIY has caused a leak which is currently making a mess of my kitchen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

General cranks and stupid people that seem to make up the majority of the Irish population. Anti-establishment, lefty, intellectually-challenged great unwashed. The reaction to the budget and how everyone is all "me, me me" - we cant all have sweets from the jar! Money doesn't grow on trees, and your cause is not the only cause!

OH decided to rescue a baby rodent from our cats (hats off) but then the said baby rodent escaped and is now somewhere in my house.

PMS (yesterday I was an angerball and today I want to watch animal rescue videos, drink wine and cry).

Running out of money 15 days before payday.

Being tired.

Trying to remove all the foil from the top of a bottle of wine before removing the cork. I always end up picking it off in bits.

The increasing use of the term "I could care less" - which is completely inaccurate and means the exact opposite of what you meant to say!

The intentional (I know its intentional you fúckers) use of "then" when you should say "than".

Animal cruelty.

People who think they are the bees knees because they've bought a 400 quid pup from someone's car boot and therefore have the "status" of owning a purebred.

Airports and airport security staff and their attitudes. Power trippy morons.

My mother insisting that vegetarians don't get enough protein and that you need milk for calcium.

OH beating around the bush when it comes to booking flights and the price of the flights increasing exponentially until she makes up her fúcking mind.

Use of marketing jargon in everyday meetings. "I'll link in with X" or "touch base with Y". Fúcktards.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

2 minutes to go in my match last night. 2 minutes to go and one of the lads decides to plant his knee into my calf muscle.
    About 10 seconds earlier I was thinking that I would be finishing the game injury free and had a spring in my step. Not much of a spring today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

People munching and slurping loudly in the office (as if they are all alone in the world lol) : mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Man of the match announced with 10/15 minutes to go in a match. A lot can still happen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

This site.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Trying to remove all the foil from the top of a bottle of wine before removing the cork. I always end up picking it off in bits.

This used to annoy me too until I was told by someone you don't have to peel the foil off first. Just stick the cork screw in it and the cork will do all the work. :D

My TA is getting an email from someone and before I have a chance to read it, the person is standing at my desk telling me they've just sent me an email. Or when I send someone an email to ask them a question and they come up to my desk to answer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

"He gave 110%"

What's even worse is that it's becoming 120%, 150% etc.

Such a stupid and annoying expression :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hate it in cooking programmes when people don't wash their fruit and vegetables before preparing them, and also when they use metallic cutlery on non-stick pots and pans (the old-fashioned kind, not the non-scratch ones).

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd by sport ball expressions like it's a game of two halves, at the end of day , set pieces

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

When I come home I have to manually connect my phone to the Wi-fi. Not even manually connect it actually, just scroll down the screen and it does it itself. But it's TA not getting updated straight away.

And anytime I delete something from my phone it gives me a low storage warning, even though I am making more space.

And grammatical errors on documents from schools and what not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

TA at working from home and going stir crazy.
    Have a bit of a cold so dont really want to cure the stir crazyness by going out for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Hair product adverts where the never pronounce the R in hair, everything is "hehh"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Everyone loves everyone "To da moon and back" on facebook...load of ****e imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Use of marketing jargon in everyday meetings. "I'll link in with X" or "touch base with Y". Fúcktards.

Make sure to loop me in on any conversations on this going forward.

Performance reviews in work. They are painful. Filling them in makes me feel like the priests on the plane in Fr Ted writing an essay on why they deserve the parachute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Spelling "barbecue" with a letter Q.

No, folks, that would spell Barbeque. Bar-beck. Like Baroque, see? Or Grotesque, Picturesque, etc.

It's BarbeCUE. With a C.

The Q letter only sneaked into the spelling because of neon signs in the 60s advertising "Bar-B-Q chicken."

But does an actor take his Q from the preceding Q?
    Do we form a Q to see the show?
    Do we admire the flowers in Q Gardens?

This one puts my teeth on edge a dozen times a day. It is WRONG!!!!

People who spell cite as site. Or cue as que, since we're going there.

And alot still hurts on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Got my car insurance renewal this morning. €117 euro increase on last year.
    There goes the miserable decrease in USC I got in yesterday's budget

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got my car insurance renewal this morning. €117 euro increase on last year.
    There goes the miserable decrease in USC I got in yesterday's budget

Mine is twice what it was last year.

I walked past a restaurant today and it had the weirdest smell that wafted around in the breeze for ages. I can't seem to move on from the smell, I've never had a smell like it before.

My shameful thoughts of jealousy
    <<..<<

With their holidays and their money and their domestic bliss and their families and their Christmas.

Feck off.

>>..>>
    Shame.

• Advertisement

With their holidays and their money and their domestic bliss and their families and their Christmas.

Don't be too jealous Perse..all is not what it seems with lots of them I'd bet...let them off.

That video on FB about that absolute cnut slapping those poor little children across the face ...I saw it few days ago and normally don't watch things that I know will upset me..can't get it out of my head and it's really heartbreaking..dirty rotten bast*rd.

Colser wrote: »
    Don't be too jealous Perse..all is not what it seems with lots of them I'd bet...let them off.

That video on FB about that absolute cnut slapping those poor little children across the face ...I saw it few days ago and normally don't watch things that I know will upset me..can't get it out of my head and it's really heartbreaking..dirty rotten bast*rd.

My trivial annoyance is now solely with myself. Very silly of me to think such things. *embarrassed face*

I haven't heard of that one. I'm also extremely TA'd with that other video. The one on youtube about the little boy being told his mam has passed away. I didn't look at it but the very idea that someone would film such a thing
    :( Poor little kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

ahlookit wrote: »

Performance reviews in work. They are painful. Filling them in makes me feel like the priests on the plane in Fr Ted writing an essay on why they deserve the parachute.

We're in this "space".

Fnck right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Candie wrote: »
    People who spell cite as site. Or cue as que, since we're going there.

And alot still hurts on a daily basis.

Loose instead of lose.

Death awaits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

People on facebook who 'repost memories'! I didnt want to see your babies christening pictures the first time round, I certainly don't want to see them again 4 years later! Fup right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Tonight on 3e they are repeating an episode of 24 hours to kill. Revisiting the murder of Ann Corcoran. This woman was from the same rural parish as myself and i like many more were involved in the search for her. Out of respect for the dead womans family this shouldn't be repeated. Somehow I don't think that 3e/tv3 ask for permission from her family or any deceasd persons family each time they show this programme. Some things are best left alone.

Mornings,alarms,work,school,lunches,traffic,bosses,people....

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that I sometimes let out a little laugh at some of the mishaps that TA people here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

ahlookit wrote: »

So true. Then they get forgotten about until the time for the parachute plea comes around again. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I get somewhat annoyed by bad queuing systems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement