Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

More jargon "inbox me". Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

"He gave 110%"

What's even worse is that it's becoming 120%, 150% etc.

Such a stupid and annoying expression :mad:

Rather than say 'thanks a million', I know someone who says 'thanks a thousand' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Vel wrote: »
    Rather than say 'thanks a million', I know someone who says 'thanks a thousand' :rolleyes:

Either we both know him or there's more than one fúcktard who says that :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

My shoe has a squeak. Everyone can hear me approaching and I sound like I have swallowed a duck when walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Winterlong wrote: »
    My shoe has a squeak. Everyone can hear me approaching and I sound like I have swallowed a duck when walking.

My shoe appears to have a hole, went to the shop earlier and there was defo some wetness from the puddles seeping thru to my sock :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

madmaggie wrote: »
    More jargon "inbox me". Grrr.

Please find a space to store a large box in the office so that you can fulfil this request properly.

"Just stand there a minute". Pull out box behind them. "Lie down". Put on lid, and address to Abu Dhabi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

seagull wrote: »
    Please find a space to store a large box in the office so that you can fulfil this request properly.

"Just stand there a minute". Pull out box behind them. "Lie down". Put on lid, and address to Abu Dhabi.

Surely that would be more appropriate for "Outbox Me" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd at my job at the moment

Trivial Annoyances
    PMS I'm going to burst into tears any second
    Mascara I bought new stuff and it's making my eyes red and itchy
    The stupid Asshat neighbours upstairs and their cheap taps that have ruined my kitchen ceiling and damaged the bathroom and it's going to take months to repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

When you eat an apple and a bit of the skin gets stuck between your front teeth...but are in company and cant go routing around in there to sort it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA'd I can never find scissors in my house. I have about 10 of them, all brightly coloured SO I CAN EASILY SEE THEM...... but I can never find them when I need them. Where on earth to they go....?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

TA'd I can never find scissors in my house. I have about 10 of them, all brightly coloured SO I CAN EASILY SEE THEM...... but I can never find them when I need them. Where on earth to they go....?

They're in the clutter drawer under the cutlery drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Colser wrote: »
    They're in the clutter drawer under the cutlery drawer.

Go way out of that - I can't find the clutter drawer either...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

"unexpected item in the bagging area" The Dunnes Stores self-service checkout bugs me at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was running late this morning and stupidly skipped breakfast.
    Then I had to bring my Aunt to hospital and we were there ages so I didn't have lunch either.
    My stomach was rumbling so loudly.

I had a Nutrigrain bar which did nothing for my hunger pangs.
    On the way home, I was so tired; my eyes were red raw, my whole body felt like it'd been steamrolled and I couldn't bear the thoughts of cooking, so I picked up a curry on the way home.

Got stuck in traffic and the hunger was gnawing away at me.
    Got home eventually and took a huge bite of curry and chomped down on the inside of my cheek.

Had a shower and got shampoo in my eyes which stung so much I wanted to cry.

Now I'm TA'd that I forgot to turn my electric blanket on and I'm too tired to wait for it to heat up so I'll be getting into a freezing cold bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

When you spray deodorant on a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The neighbours dog doing laps of their garden yapping like a lunatic, starting at 7am. The little one had woken at 6 and had came in to me and fallen back asleep so I couldnt bang on the window or let a roar out at the horrible yapping overgrown rat.
    My whole chin feels really sore since yesterday and I couldn't figure out why. Then I remembered I was so hungry when I sat down to dinner on Wednesday eve that in my hurry to shovel some food in I had stabbed myself with the fork really hard in the gum below my bottom teeth. It honestly feels like I was punched in the chin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you're just about to pull into your favourite parking spot(the one that I use my doctored disc for)and the p*ick in front takes it...now I'm paying 2.50 an hour in the carpark...assshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

tippman1 wrote: »
    "unexpected item in the bagging area" The Dunnes Stores self-service checkout bugs me at times.

I bet it was condoms you were scanning and some little fecker working there was on a microphone offside slagging you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I got some great news yesterday, super news. I had been waiting on it for ages, I was buzzing. I decided nothing was going to upset my day today, nobody was going to rain on my parade. I was on such a high I decided not to come near boards today. But guess what? By 10.30 some bollox had not only Rained on my parade, he proceeded to p1ss, sh1t and vomit all over it.

You cantankerous, vile, obnoxious Kunt !!!

• Advertisement

More than TA'd for eisenberg1

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got a blueberry muffin given to me in work today. It was soft and moist mmmmmmm they way a muffin should be but too many bloody blueberries. I think I just ate a blueberry factory or busy or tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I must have a cold 3 weeks at this stage, now it was 90% gone after a week but a bit of it keeps hanging on annoying me

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I got a blueberry muffin given to me in work today. It was soft and moist mmmmmmm they way a muffin should be but too many bloody blueberries. I think I just ate a blueberry factory or busy or tree.

Insomnia changed their breakfast muffins this week. They're way to sweet now.
    Next time I go in I'll have to play russian roulette with the blueberry muffins and risk the same fate as Boom Bap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that someone told me the 25pack of John Player Blue wouldn't have the 50c added to them; that it was "just on 20-packs", but I discovered today there is a 50c increase on the 25packs.
    Sigh.
    I will seriously have to consider quitting. It's getting ridiculous now.

fussyonion wrote: »
    TA'd that someone told me the 25pack of John Player Blue wouldn't have the 50c added to them; that it was "just on 20-packs", but I discovered today there is a 50c increase on the 25packs.
    Sigh.
    I will seriously have to consider the black market. It's getting ridiculous now.

FYP ;)

TA'd that the insurance policy excess is €2,500 :( So the Asshat neighbour fits shoddy taps which leak into my place and I'm out of pocket. More than TA'd tbh

People spelling my name wrong, seems to happen every time, even my friends do it on text/emails etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

kfallon wrote: »
    People spelling my name wrong, seems to happen every time, even my friends do it on text/emails etc!

if you think that is bad my old boss used to always misspell my name. We have the same name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Skidmarked / piss stained public toilet seats that even though I'm a hoverer I still have to clean for fear the woman outside waiting thinks it was me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement