Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

if you think that is bad my old boss used to always misspell my name. We have the same name.

You win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Twink - Would she (the newspaper who constantly publicise her 'struggle' to keep a roof over her head) ever just F**k off already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Twink - Would she (the newspaper who constantly publicise her 'struggle' to keep a roof over her head) ever just F**k off already.

Ah zip up yer mickey.

Seriously though, she must have the mortgage on that for the last forty years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I got a blueberry muffin given to me in work today. It was soft and moist mmmmmmm they way a muffin should be but too many bloody blueberries. I think I just ate a blueberry factory or busy or tree.

You need to get Robert de Niro on the case...

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Vel wrote: »
    Rather than say 'thanks a million', I know someone who says 'thanks a thousand' :rolleyes:

The Barmaid in the boozer I'm in right now says "thanks a mills" :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ah zip up yer mickey.

Seriously though, she must have the mortgage on that for the last forty years.

She had a mortgage on the mickey?

At least if they sell the house the new owners might start looking after it again. It has become a but unkempt this last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

People who cough without covering their mouth - vile human beings who have no manners. I don't want your stupid germs near me, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

A spider the size of my fist just tried to creep in my window. I've got the shivers just thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Looking at house shares and some of the ads are so weird imo..."No pets or stilettos" "quiet but broad minded person"....WTF.

Colser wrote: »
    Looking at house shares and some of the ads are so weird imo..."No pets or stilettos" "quiet but broad minded person"....WTF.

Is that a house share site or a scruffy meet up site you are on?! :eek:

TA that the cold I had thought I was cured of seems to be back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

if you think that is bad my old boss used to always misspell my name. We have the same name.

Same here with a former boss. And then other people started to misspell MY name, to suit her spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Posters who use the phrase "methinks" - unless you are acting in some bawdy mediaeval theatrical production, cut it the f*ck out!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

That Neiked, Sexual song sends me into a rage. Who in the name of God tells someone "I'm feeling sexual"?? There seems to be a spate of chirpy voiced female singers at the moment singing creepy little songs, irritating as hell:(. Thank fcuk for the off button on.the radio, though at this stage mine is nearly pounded away to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The overuse (IMO) of the word 'Issue'

Everything nowadays seems to have an 'issue'. Never a problem, fault or just plain broken, nope it's an 'issue'

Bugs the hell out of me for some reason

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

73Cat wrote: »
    That Neiked, Sexual song sends me into a rage. Who in the name of God tells someone "I'm feeling sexual"?? There seems to be a spate of chirpy voiced female singers at the moment singing creepy little songs, irritating as hell:(. Thank fcuk for the off button on.the radio, though at this stage mine is nearly pounded away to nothing.

I'm more irritated with the **** cover versions of 80/90s pop songs that were mediocre to begin with that have started cropping up in the charts.

They've just replaced the music with something a bit more contemporary and dance-ier and murdered the vocals in all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Those bottle flipping videos really get on my t!ts. The most annoying thing about them is the reactions of the people in the videos. Screaming their heads off and leaping around the place as if something amazing has just happened. They flipped a bottle - they didn't rescue someone from a burning building, they didn't win a Nobel Prize, they didn't give birth to octuplets - they flipped a fupping bottle!

TA'd with myself for watching a top 15 bottle flips video in a moment of madness/boredom.

Paul O'Connell is turning in to a media whore. That is a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Winterlong wrote: »
    Paul O'Connell is turning in to a media whore. That is a TA.

I don't mind him. It's that little bollix in that ad though, annoying little plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

All cars at a standstill at a roundabout as no one knows what to do and Im the second car back and have to sit there until someone moves.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Samsgirl wrote: »
    All cars at a standstill at a roundabout as no one knows what to do and Im the second car back and have to sit there until someone moves.....
    Come to Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow, a place with one mini roundabout, yet it is a thing of mystery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I'm feeling like crap, I have the start of mastitis (the human post pregnancy kind) for the third time this baby :-( All I want to do is to stay in bed and hopefully with the help of paracetamol and NSAIDs and a pump to head it off but no I gotta go to work - outdoors no less!
    Arrrragh!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Oops double post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Why are Galaxy, Philadelphia and Special K advertising aimed solely at women? All 3 are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When you cook something you haven't tried before, the recipe states 25 minutes in the oven and you could nearly double that time till it's cooked properly:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

TV shows with pointless presenters, an example of which is somebody like Davina McCall traveling round South America visiting traditional music festivals of something like that. Why not get somebody who has some insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Rogueish wrote: »
    Oops double post
    When people do this instead just deleting "doubled" post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Lavinia wrote: »
    When people do this instead just deleting "doubled" post :D

ZZZzzzz... Boring! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

73Cat wrote: »
    When you cook something you haven't tried before, the recipe states 25 minutes in the oven and you could nearly double that time till it's cooked properly:(

Or recipes that say preparation time 15 mins, yes 15 mins after you peel and chop all your ingredients! We don't all have sous chefs to hand us everything in little bowls, ready to add to the dish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

ZZZzzzz... Boring! :P

I see you took things personally on the other topic :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

The overuse (IMO) of the word 'Issue'

Everything nowadays seems to have an 'issue'. Never a problem, fault or just plain broken, nope it's an 'issue'

Bugs the hell out of me for some reason

It's not a problem, it's a...challenge! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement