Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Feckin sniffles are back.
    Just give me a proper cold and be done with it.

Less of these nandy pandy sniffles that leaves me feeling crap but not crap enough to stay in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

fussyonion wrote: »
    TA'd that someone told me the 25pack of John Player Blue wouldn't have the 50c added to them; that it was "just on 20-packs", but I discovered today there is a 50c increase on the 25packs.
    Sigh.
    I will seriously have to consider quitting. It's getting ridiculous now.
    kfallon wrote: »
    FYP ;)

TA I had to read these two posts so many times to see how the first had been "fixed" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA 1: the office is like a freezer. Have to alternate sitting on different hands to try warm them up.

TA 2: just saw my hair in a mirror and it looks like I've been out in a hurricane. I'm sure I brushed it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have a car boot full of shopping bags, and a press full at home. Yet I still manage to go to the supermarket without a bag and have to buy another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Hatchimals. The 'in toy' for Christmas. Sold out in October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

My throat is a bit raw today. Guaranteed full blown cold / flu within next few days. Urrgghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

When my better half puts my chocolate in the fridge.....when I come back from the shop I hide it.....around 11 when all is in bed I go to said place of chocolatey goodness .....gone

In the feckin fridge...

Cue 20 mins of jaw breaking cracks that the neighbours could hear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The next health professional who says "well, at your age...." can expect a right good smack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

At a busy junction. The lights go green but I can see an ambulance with lights and siren on about to cross ahead of me so edged forward waiting for it to pass. The car behind me blasts the horn. What part of the big yellow van with blue flashing lights and making a loud nee-naw sound escaped your attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

gramar wrote: »
    At a busy junction. The lights go green but I can see an ambulance with lights and siren on about to cross ahead of me so edged forward waiting for it to pass. The car behind me blasts the horn. What part of the big yellow van with blue flashing lights and making a loud nee-naw sound escaped your attention?

the appropriate response is to indicate digitally to the driver behind you how many emergency vehicles are about to pass by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

the appropriate response is to indicate digitally to the driver behind you how many emergency vehicles are about to pass by.

Admittedly I mistakenly indicated that there were two.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Black toilet seats. Grim, grim, grim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

I have two very TA. My fingernail chipped right when I was going to trim my fingernails when I get home. Also those latte glasses that they use in cafes for lattes and hot chocolate are awkward to lift and get really heavy to hold while I'm trying to sip my hot drink for a few seconds. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When the shellac nail polish peels off one nail and all the others are still perfect.ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Lots of things annoying me today. :mad:

Electric storage heating.

Broken electric storage heating.

Drying clothes inside the apartment.

Drying clothes inside the apartment with electric storage heating.

Drying clothes inside the apartment with broken electric storage heating.

Not being able to afford to replace the electric storage heater yet.

Winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I spilled a glass of milk on myself earlier, all over my jeans and the sofa. Also who said there is no point in crying over spilled milk? Well there is, it's very TAing!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My husband said he'd make me tea in a minute but I really want it now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My husband said he'd make me tea in a minute but I really want it now

My partner made me a coffee and I completely forgot about it so never got to drink it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Car behind me was tailgating me for a good ten mins this evening.
    I don't get it.

The speed limit was 50 on this road. I'm not going to drive faster for you but tailgating is just an accident waiting to happen so cut it out.

Girls who say "Dya know that kind of way?" instead of "Do you know what I mean?".
    Makes you sound so common.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd by the increasing number of young women who seem to make a living by being photographed falling out of clubs and in their bikinis on 'holidays' or in their lingere. what the hell happened to getting an education and using your brain ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"So send a text to 123456 here at Banana FM and you could be in
    With a chance to win a family holiday in Florida worth a whopping
    Tree towsen churro"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "So send a text to 123456 here at Banana FM and you could be in
    With a chance to win a family holiday in Florida worth a whopping
    Tree towsen churro"

"Closing date for entries is December 31 2017"...and we will advertise this relentlessly between now and then. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Trying to get a tie to actually fall correctly.
    I'm 6'3 and prefer a half Windsor but I can't get the thicker part to fall on top of the belt line and the thinner part tucked nicely in behind.

More often than not the thicker part lands correctly and thinner part is too short and sticks out meaning it gets tucked into the shirt.

Ties are often different lengths too M&S seem to be fine to tie the others are a mixed bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I just misread a headline on a paper.

"ONH shot man in leg"

And I thought, wtf did she do that for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My parents thinking that the only reason I come to work is to check stuff online for them, do online bank transfers, book flights, check their emails etc. And when I don't pick up my mobile (because I'm busy) they call my work phone. I have a job you know!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Crumbs falling down inside my top.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

I love a tall man in a tie!

TA that I woke up feeling fluey and rotten today, graduation is tomorrow.

TA that I got up in my miserable state to walk into town to get a statue in a window of a charity shop that was going on sale today but another person was queuing since 6am!

TA that my OH seems to be less tolerant of booze since giving up cigs and was a bit beyond tipsy last night

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Also TA that a girl at work is from Mayo and says wan instead of one.
    Not sure if this applies to all Mayo people but it's a terrible sound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Also TA that a girl at work is from Mayo and says wan instead of one.
    Not sure if this applies to all Mayo people but it's a terrible sound

Do you mean 'wan' instead of 'wun'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Two things
    1 ----people that drive at 55mph ALL the time even on the motorway and then still drive at the same same speed through a 40 mph zone .
    2----people in the shop who throw all the change out of their purse cos they "might have it in change" onto the counter when they clearly haven't enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement