Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Haven't been to the pub since July and I'd love a night out but no muns=no funs.
    Cheap bottle of plonk for me again this Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA that I couldn't find a halogen heater in any of the stores in Galway today, it wasn't till I came to the last shop at Woodies that they had one and a little over priced as well. No doubt in December we'll see every store with them at half the price.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

The OH listening to snapchat videos while I'm trying to watch the TV

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I just misread a headline on a paper.

"ONH shot man in leg"

And I thought, wtf did she do that for?
    What was the title actually?

TA when people start something but then do not finish :D

I'm only joking ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Utah wrote: »
    The OH listening to snapchat videos while I'm trying to watch the TV

Nail on the head. The noise
    It cracks me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Likewise himself reading the paper out loud when I'm watching tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Wowbagger

Predictive text on the phone.. if I want to use the word fcking DO NOT replace it with decking!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Wumen 'chatting' with checkout assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The Burger King ad on the radio. Two "patties". Will you g'way out of that.
    This American lingo is creeping in fast. It won't be long til I heard a young lad say "I axed my mom could I use her cellphone"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Coffee machine in work is making muck coffee today.
    Hope they understand that this means the corresponding quality of my work will also be muck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Two things
    1 ----people that drive at 55mph ALL the time even on the motorway and then still drive at the same same speed through a 40 mph zone .
    2----people in the shop who throw all the change out of their purse cos they "might have it in change" onto the counter when they clearly haven't enough.

Twitch :mad:

Wowbagger wrote: »
    Predictive text on the phone.. if I want to use the word fcking DO NOT replace it with decking!!!!

Too ducking right

fussyonion wrote: »
    Haven't been to the pub since July and I'd love a night out but no muns=no funs.
    Cheap bottle of plonk for me again this Saturday.

I'm the same. Don't get paid until next Thursday and I am reluctant to borrow too much to tide me over because when I do get my lovely money it will all be spoken for :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

This occasional pain I get (like right now). Don't know if it's heart burn or indigestion, but it's a TA alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The change in the weather, seems to have got a lot colder since yesterday morning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

me "do we have any cling film?"
    Mrs E "yes, in the press under the toaster...where it always is"
    Me"I looked there, can't find any"
    Mrs E " is there a cardboard tinfoil container in there?
    Me " yes..."
    Mrs E " well there is a roll of cling film in that"

WTF!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

People who work in office buildings and who don't know how lifts work.

If you're on the 3rd floor and want to go to the 8th, press up. Don't press up and down and get pissed off when you get in the lift, it brings you to the ground, then back to the 3rd where it opens and no one else gets on, and then finally to the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Dodge wrote: »
    People who work in office buildings and who don't know how lifts work.

If you're on the 3rd floor and want to go to the 8th, press up. Don't press up and down and get pissed off when you get in the lift, it brings you to the ground, then back to the 3rd where it opens and no one else gets on, and then finally to the 8th.

Or those numpties who try to enter the lift when others are obviously trying to exit the lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

degsie wrote: »
    Or those numpties who try to enter the lift when others are obviously trying to exit the lift.

yep I hate them numpties! who then proceed to just stand there and wonder why you can't walk through them... grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

'Furbabies'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Kajemo wrote: »
    yep I hate them numpties! who then proceed to just stand there and wonder why you can't walk through them... grrrr

But you can walk through them. Or over them. Unless it's the boss. Or the really hot bod you're lusting after.

Bonus points for crushed toes and whimpers left in your wake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Why does my wife walk into the house and ask me where her phone is? And now it's my problem to search for it. Last time, she'd left it in the car.

At least I can track her phone by ringing it and listening. It's even more fun trying to find keys and kindles.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

seagull wrote: »
    But you can walk through them. Or over them. Unless it's the boss. Or the really hot bod you're lusting after.

Bonus points for crushed toes and whimpers left in your wake.

I never looked at it that way! Doing that this evening for sure! Watch out numpties....
    thanks seagull :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

seagull wrote: »
    It's even more fun trying to find keys and kindles.

I read that as 'kiddies' first time!

TA at the early darkness these evenings. I am still in summer mood but winter is knocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

When your mind is in overdrive doing jobs around the house and you walk into a room / open a press etc... and then forget why you're there / opened the press.

It seems to be happening a lot more these days!

/sits down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

whiskeyman wrote: »
    When your mind is in overdrive doing jobs around the house and you walk into a room / open a press etc... and then forget why you're there / opened the press.

It seems to be happening a lot more these days!

/sits down

That'll be the effects of the whiskey, man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

When you buy glazed doughnuts in the shop that have the plastic wrapping around them, and then you have to peel off the wrap only for most of the glaze to come off it, and it also makes the doughnut kind've sticky :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Winterlong wrote: »
    I read that as 'kiddies' first time!

TA at the early darkness these evenings. I am still in summer mood but winter is knocking.

Do you not like winter, Winterlong?

My TA is when someone's asks for your help and will still criticize you for doing it right.
    E.g.
    Man: Tell me when to stop, get me as far back as you can.
    Me: Ok *helps him reverse as far back as he can go*
    Man: *Gets out* Sure there was no need to take me back this far.
    WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The programme "can't cope,won't cope" annoys the sh!t out of me.

I didn't even watch it so I'm being unfair, surely?!

The term "can't cope" annoys me so maybe thats where it comes from.

I know a girl who'd come out with bullish!t like "literally can't cope" after a night out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

When people use the term "wee" in a sentence worse when they write it annoys the bejesus out of me!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement