Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Holograph

Pretentious accents/voices annoy me more than they should - cannot help it! The latest is the JustEat ad - have to change the channel.

Also, it's "TVThree" - not "TVthuree".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Not being a millionaire. It's a real pain in the arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Magellan Murphy

Getting wet watching gas monkey garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 VickyPollard

It really bugs me when people post 'HON MAYO' on facebook or whatever team they support.....what is 'HON?? Come on?!
    Me no know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

It really bugs me when people post 'HON MAYO' on facebook or whatever team they support.....what is 'HON?? Come on?!
    Me no know!!

Yes, a shortened version of 'Come on'. You've to say it in a country accent and really quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

The number of typos I make. I usually find one or several per sentence scanning back while typing. Annoying grr! Should get around to learning to touch type.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Even more annoying is when you double check and then you check again the text you've typed before sending it or printing it and it seems ok, and you only spot yet another typo after you've sent the email or you've printed the page.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

littelady wrote: »
    When people use the term "wee" in a sentence worse when they write it annoys the bejesus out of me!!!!

My recommendation to you is to not hang around slides, waterslides and rollercoasters :)

I cycled to work today for the first time in a few weeks. I did forget for a while about how everything on the road is trying to murder you.
    There was some lad in a digger shouting something at me as well, I think he was telling me to pull in to let traffic by. Maybe move your digger out of the way and clean up the debris at the side of the road that your team has introduced and I would happily do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Me no know!!

HON THE VICKY!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

:mad::mad: Cyclists + red lights, grrrrrrrrrr.... :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Consultants being condescending, patronising, dismissive pr!cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Ninjini wrote: »
    Consultants being condescending, patronising, dismissive pr!cks.

+1, had to go to an endocrinologist in Limerick years ago, cost me €120 for the privilege of speaking with the great man for 20 minutes... and getting the test results back was like pulling teeth....

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

when you are stuck behind someone in traffic who you know is playing with their phone. Traffic moves and they don't notice then they do and speed up straight through red light leaving you still sitting in traffic arrgh!!! Seriously can you not just drive in your little car and not play on your phone for five minutes!!!!! *deep breath*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

When someone sees you and says, "the very man", you know something annoying is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Holograph wrote: »
    Pretentious accents/voices annoy me more than they should - cannot help it! The latest is the JustEat ad - have to change the channel.

Also, it's "TVThree" - not "TVthuree".

And some go as far as inserting a TH sound on the T, a sort of TheeVee, totally fcuking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA ing is when dublin people say I was thought in school instead of taught

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Posters / ads on the back of toilet doors with photos of people.

I do not want to see someone smiling back at me as I'm sat on the pot...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Didas

Jrop wrote: »
    TA ing is when dublin people say I was thought in school instead of taught

TA'ing is Dublin people.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TAing that after living in Dublin for 30 years I'm still not Dublin People

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

When people don't know how to "use out-of hours" bus lanes.
    Someone actually beeped me yesterday for using the bus lane near my house at 7pm, it stops being a bus lane at 6:30pm, there's two signs within 300m of each other with the times listed you blind bat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Jrop wrote: »
    TAing that after living in Dublin for 30 years I'm still not Dublin People

Not been dublin people after 22 years makes me Trivially Happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA'd that yet again three different start up companies have ignored my 'No Junk Mail, No Unaddressed Mail' Huge big sign on my letter box and insist on me getting their promotional leaflets for things I wouldn't buy in a million years. Wouldn't be so bad if they actually pushed the leaflets completely through the letter box but, no, they take their time making sure they hang nicely from the outside so that everybody knows that I am not home. Rant over. Uses said leaflets to help light my fire...

TA'd at the amount of mean-spiritedness both on this forum, and the internet in general lately.

People seem to be becoming more unkind with every passing day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I'm stood at a deli this afternoon. It's taken about 15 minutes to get served because the queue is honestly about five meters long. They hired two new people and their roll and wrap-making skills are piss poor I'm afraid, which is to be expected, but why have two of them working at the same time? That didn't seem efficient to me.

But I get to the top finally and I'm thinking, 'Please just don't **** this up'. I ask for a white roll and he gets a white roll. We're off to a good start, but I complicate things massively by asking for spicy chicken and sliced cheddar cheese. He points to that yellow cartoon cheese with holes in it and goes, 'This?'. I'm there, 'No bud. Cheddar please.' He reaches into the tub of grated cheedar and grabs a handful. 'No bud. SLICED...please'. He gives me a look as if to say, 'Sorry it's my first day'. First day on earth? Who doesn't know what sliced cheddar is?

I'm willing to let bygones be bygones providing there's no more catastrophes along the way, but of course there is. He cuts up the chicken fillet and puts that in the roll first. I'm thinking, 'Good jesus there's going to be 80% of the cheese slices sticking out of the roll because there's no f*cking room now'. He realises this as well, after the damage is done mind you, and starts cutting the cheese into tiny little squares. At this point I'm tempted to pinch the bit in between my eyes with my thumb and index finger and just shake my head in annoyance.

I have one last request that I know he'll get right - or so I thought. I complicate things further by asking him to cut it in half, but he must've thought I said, 'Divide it 70:30 please mate' because that's what he did. Then I had to wait about two minutes for the sticker because soppy presumably couldn't find my ingredients, but in his defence, the roll was nice so there's a happy ending to this trivial saga.

I feel sorry for him now looking back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Candie wrote: »
    TA'd at the amount of mean-spiritedness both on this forum, and the internet in general lately.

People seem to be becoming more unkind with every passing day.

^
    This. People reaching out when you just want to be grumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Hammer89 wrote: »
    I'm stood at a deli this afternoon.

I'm TA'ed at the way grammar has changed since I was at school, admittedly decades ago, what does it even mean? Is it 'I was standing'?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I'm TA'ed at the way grammar has changed since I was at school, admittedly decades ago, what does it even mean? Is it 'I was standing'?

I'm sat here thinking that's a fair assumption mate, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

There is a discrepancy between 'I'm stood' put in the past tense in a sentence and 'I'm sat' which is the present tense.

People clapping. Grrrrrr. Can the human race in all its achievements not think of a more elegant sound to make when they want to show appreciation?

The contrast between gorgeous music and the thunder of clapping always gives me a tinge of regret that I came out for a live performance. Whatever about clapping at the start and end of a performance merely as a symbol of goodwill - our presence should be sufficient to imply that - this clapping 10-20 times during a 90 minute performance sounds positively graceless.

(it didn't help that the [very talented] pianist in question left the piano after each piece walked behind the curtain and walked out again to applause each time!)

Leaving aside the walking embarrassments who clap during a pause in a piece, what sort of uncouth disconnected individual would dare disrupt our peace and appreciation of beauty by clapping after something as beautiful as this? It needs time to come out of this music; we don't need to be bolted out of it with your ruffian clapping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

People clapping. Grrrrrr. Can the human race in all its achievements not think of a more elegant sound to make when they want to show appreciation?

Bet u hate Ryanair flights landing on time so !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement