Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

People over sharing on Facebook. I don't want to see your dinner, or know all the details of your stay in hospital.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Ireland's 'special relationship' with the UK, everytime I hear it I cringe so much, to me I just associate it with being a little isolated island off mainland Europe with the Brits like an older brother that we are heavily reliant on. I despise it! DESPISE and I hate the way Irish people lump the Brits in with us as a default, what they should be saying is 'other Europeans' but instead they refer to 'us and the Brits' and talk of Europe as elsewhere. London is a closer to Paris than Dublin is to London. London is technically not even that much of an island anymore.

BabyE wrote: »
    London is technically not even that much of an island anymore.

No. No, it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Someone set a car on fire on Dundrum Road (Dublin 14) last night. Parked it in a bus stop, so it wasn't blocking the road, but it still wasn't safe to go past. There were probably a few fireworks inside, given some unusual explosions and sparks that came flying out. It was only a minor inconvenience to me, but hanging back for a few minutes while the fire brigade hosed it down, I couldn't help thinking: I could have used that car. 2004 Ford Focus, silver, the parts of it that weren't burned looked decent, probably ran OK... what a waste. Some people just want to watch the world burn. Well, bits of it.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People whispering in the office. If it's that secretive then maybe you should take it elsewhere. Fúckin rude....

Winterlong wrote: »
    Not been dublin people after 22 years makes me Trivially Happy!!

This is not a TA

TA'ing

Jrop wrote: »
    TAing that after living in Dublin for 30 years I'm still not Dublin People
    Not been dublin people after 22 years makes me Trivially Happy!!

TA the Ireland v Dublin mentality :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

People who insist on standing in the buggy/wheelchair areas on buses even when people are trying to put their buggies or wheelchairs there TA me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

People who insist on standing in the buggy/wheelchair areas on buses even when people are trying to put their buggies or wheelchairs there TA me.

Or on a busy Dublin bus where people insist on standing around and forward of the stairwell, when these is plenty of room in the aisle at the back of the bus TA's me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TA the Ireland v Dublin mentality :(

Oh it is nothing anti dublin in my case. I love it here, and love dublin people.
    I am just also proud of my roots is all.

TA that I have TA'ed ONW.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When you have a cold, and sneezes 'hang' and 'hang' and 'hang'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Candie wrote: »
    TA'd at the amount of mean-spiritedness both on this forum, and the internet in general lately.

People seem to be becoming more unkind with every passing day.

It's infested with re-regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

My laptop broke two weeks ago and today I picked up a replacement laptop from the repair shop as it will be another 4 weeks until it's fixed. It's crap. The battery won't charge and it keeps shutting down randomly and without warning. It's incredibly annoying but even more annoying is the repair shop is now closed for holidays for 3 weeks!! :(:(:(

I posted that over 2 months ago. I'm TA'd that I still don't have my laptop back. The repair shop has had problems sourcing a needed part and now it's stuck in customs apparently. :mad: I have no idea when I'll get it back but this is getting ridiculous!

Oh it is nothing anti dublin in my case. I love it here, and love dublin people.
    I am just also proud of my roots is all.

TA that I have TA'ed ONW.

Ah ok sorry, nothing wrong with being proud of your roots! :)

It does happen a lot though, I saw a lot of it during the GAA final. People who weren't even feckin from Mayo supporting them because they weren't Dublin. I worked with a woman a few years ago and there was a match on between Dublin and another county, and she was supporting the other county. I said to her, "oh I never realized you were from there" and she said, "I'm not, but ye know, anyone but Dublin like!" - to my face! Poor Dublin, what did it do on the rest of the country :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When it has been so long since the last series of something you follow on tv, that you are struggling to try and remember what happened in it.
    When I nod off watching something i really enjoy and jerk myself awake when my head does that bouncy thing over and over. Then I am furiously denying I was asleep when OH tells me to go to bed if I'm tired. Too proud then to tell him not to delete it as that would be admitting I was dozing:)
    Google is a blessing and a curse. It's great when you see an actor in something and it is killing you to know what else you know them from. So I'm googling away and satisfying my curiosity whilst missing what I'm watching.
    Basically I have the concentration span of a gnat lately:(

My mother calling me asking in a serious tone if I can talk, and giving me a fúcking heart attack thinking there is something wrong. Then when I realize everything is fine and dare to be TA with her for scaring me, she gets TA with me for "always thinking there is something wrong". Well I didn't fúckin lick it off the stones, did I? She's the most panicky incessant worrier I've ever met!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

:mad:TA'd that I wrote out a long post here and then this stupid 'captcha' shít came up and now my post is gone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by a smart mouthed fool in work. I'm fat I'm aware I'm fat but that's my business.
    I don't need some tool telling me that I need to get off my fat behind and get a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Jrop wrote: »
    TA by a smart mouthed fool in work. I'm fat I'm aware I'm fat but that's my business.
    I don't need some tool telling me that I need to get off my fat behind and get a bike

I think there is too much of a fat shaming culture in Ireland now. Like don't get me wrong there always was people who would slag over-weight people but it appears to be more acceptable now. Under the guise of well it's unhealthy.

Which is wrong. Live and let live. Besides I think the real reason why people complain about others weight is to reinforce themselves... John IS fat, John EATS unhealthy were I EAT right and NOT fat etc.

Different story if it's a family, partner or close friend. They could be generally worried about the health of someone. But when we're talking about work colleagues or acquaintances then it's a total personal re-enforcement / blowing yourself out bs.

Annoying really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I think there is too much of a fat shaming culture in Ireland now.

Conversely, there are too many fat people in Ireland now and they are even damaging their kids health with their ****ty eating habits as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Conversely, there are too many fat people in Ireland now and they are even damaging their kids health with their ****ty eating habits as well.

So.... Let's fat shame the parents?

I'm TA'd that posters here did not read post #1 re chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Back seat modding, a Big TA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

TA that I decided to listen to some music while working cause I'm the only person in my office at the moment. But my music is too goddamn good and is just distracting me :pac:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Back seat modding, a Big TA

I'm TA'd at your TA :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The Training Logs thread titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Davina McCall.

It takes a special person to watch a heartbreaking vignette about a kid with bone cancer and read an autocue so dryly and insincere afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

razorblunt wrote:
    Davina McCall.

razorblunt wrote:
    It takes a special person to watch a heartbreaking vignette about a kid with bone cancer and read an autocue so dryly and insincere afterwards.

I think it's a difficult show to present especially for a parent..

TA I miss her show "Street Mate"..used to love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Lift etiquette or lack thereof! If i'm in the lift and doors are closed do not hit button to reopen pls. If they're only half closed .... fair enough. Even if they three quarter closed u can take the chance. But if u arrive in the time between the doors close and lift moves ...... wait ur ****ing turn!

( this of course doesn't apply to the like of empire state building etc where its time v occupancy issue. But if its only between the two floors of penneys .....step the **** back love! )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement