Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

People who feel the need to start a tweet with 'Jaysus'. Sounds sort of crass and tasteless to me, but I'm old-fashioned anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Endless Pointless Complaining.
    Threads about Newstalk, Ryan Tubridy, Live Line, The Right Hook (when it was on) for example are all just about how bad the posters find them. But they still seem to watch/listen incessantly.
    Not sure what the trait is that is the reason people do this buy my God is it strong in some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Trying to get to sleep but can't so on Boards.

And TA'd at how that looks like a Facebook status.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

That dating app plenty of fish.

Been on it a fortnight and not one reply for any messages I sent.

Beginning to feel like a gargoyle here!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

That Wolfgang Blass wine ad which makes a farcical link between his wine and inspirational efforts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Coffee granules in the sugar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Car shopping. I used to love shopping for a new car but cant get in to it anymore. What is wrong with me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Winterlong wrote:
    Car shopping. I used to love shopping for a new car but cant get in to it anymore. What is wrong with me?!

You've become old and boring..ðŸ˜

Colser wrote: »
    You've become old and boring..ðŸ˜

Sigh. :(

I can handle the first, but TA at the latter. Dont want to be boring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

TA d when people pronounce 'because' as 'beecuz'.
    It's something I've disliked since my early schooldays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That ad with your man from the Gas Networks Ireland parking his van and telling the viewer the things to do if you smell gas...then he looks left and right before crossing the road to the customer: why the hell didn't he just park RIGHT OUTSIDE THE HOUSE where there was clearly tonnes of room??? Trivial but it annoys me.

Some dope in a scary clown outfit and rollerskates in our local park. Complete fail as all the kids were going up waving to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

People who use their nick-name when entering raffles, local lotto etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Went to Dominic's (aka "Stale or Stolen"), in Tallaght yesterday, to buy their famous "Bag of Cr*p" (basically a big bag of a variety of sweets for Halloween).

But some of the jellies and gummy ropes are not individually wrapped so I've to make up bags of the things.
    AND I know some parents won't allow their kids to eat sweets that aren't wrapped by the factory (which I understand).

Sigh.
    There's also lots of marshmallows, again not wrapped.
    What to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

fussyonion wrote: »
    Went to Dominic's (aka "Stale or Stolen"), in Tallaght yesterday, to buy their famous "Bag of Cr*p" (basically a big bag of a variety of sweets for Halloween).

But some of the jellies and gummy ropes are not individually wrapped so I've to make up bags of the things.
    AND I know some parents won't allow their kids to eat sweets that aren't wrapped by the factory (which I understand).

Sigh.
    There's also lots of marshmallows, again not wrapped.
    What to do...

Did you ring the Gardai?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Coffee granules in the sugar

Sugar granules in the Coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Needing to take a dump in the middle of a phonecall. I don't know why this keeps happening to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

When supermarkets wrap their baguettes in paper bags that don't cover the entire thing.

They may think it looks better to leave the top bit on view, but I'd rather it was protected from dirt & germs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Getting waves of nostalgia watching 80s power ballad videos on some music channel. As in tears in my eyes watching Whitney Houston. Sweet Jesus, I need to pull myself together, I was never a Whitney fan anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Every time I see that thread "Conscription" I'm reading it as "Constipation".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Colser wrote: »
    Every time I see that thread "Conscription" I'm reading it as "Constipation".
    Same here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Irish people using 'well' in phrases like 'well hard', 'well good', Well nice'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Every time I go to peel back the plastic film on a microwave or oven meal, only the bloody edge comes off all the way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

when someone picks up your water bottle and drinks out of it before you can tell them it's not theirs.. I had a brand new bottle that I had taken 2 sips out of :(

1. All these new houses that are still using pebble dashing. Has anybody looked at how awful estates become 10-15 years later when the pebble dashing is discoloured and dirty?

2. New houses which do not have storage space. I mean, wtf! It seems to be the rage. Are they expecting us to pay for storage for the rest of our life? (and advertising that the attic is converted just has me asking: where do we store stuff!)

3. The stereotypical sleazy, slimy Celtic Tiger auctioneer with the "I don't need your business" tone still exists, alas. Yes, you Mr Sherry Fitzgerald behind the desk in Greystones today! Bring on the property collapse.

That's enough trivially annoying things to do with housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Needing to take a dump in the middle of a phonecall. I don't know why this keeps happening to me.
    My landline only seems to ring when I'm in the bathroom. I'm starting to get slightly paranoid about it.

Adults with zero toilet training. Specifically, the seemingly endless number of people who refuse to flush the toilet, brush it if necessary, and dry up the seat and floor if necessary after use. These people are everywhere, from restaurant to cinema to theatre to, most awfully, pub toilets people just lack respect to tidy up after themselves for the next person.

I just don't get why people have the lack of breeding to do this (or the related issue of littering). And, for that matter, why establishments think that it's respectful/acceptable to their paying customers that they have to endure such abysmal hygiene and cleanliness levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

madmaggie wrote: »
    My landline only seems to ring when I'm in the bathroom. I'm starting to get slightly paranoid about it.

I use my landline solely for work and in the last two weeks I keep getting calls from two American guys who keep saying that I was the one ringing them. I have no idea who they are and where they got my number. Plus when I rang them back it cost me nearly two euro :( Bloody annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I had a curry Pot Noddle for lunch on Wednesday and I can still smell the smell of curry in my schoolbag. I might go mad this week.

• Advertisement

Why can't people quote a post properly on Boards? All across this forum you have people who somehow manage to be able to reply to a particular post without quoting it correctly (on my screen when you click "Quote" on a post to reply to it the post is automatically quoted correctly).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement