Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

The awkward moment when you planned to spend the evening doing a core work out but ended up watching Broscience videos on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

"I live my day as if it was the last..."

*turns off radio*

TA overplayed songs

When I fill in my address on online forms and they insist my address is not complete until I pick an English name from the drop-down list of Irish counties to impose on my address, an address which for my entire life has remained in the beautiful, meaningful original Irish version.

Please take note UCD and eFlow (to name two such companies in the past week).

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lying in bed & why the fack is Stop the Bus, I got to wee-wee stuck in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

People with cheesy smelling feet who remove their shoes on planes. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not really trivial in this case, but the fact that a scumbag of 16yr old is able to slash the face of another man, yet he can't be named because he is considered a minor.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/boy-barred-from-dublin-city-centre-following-alleged-attack-1.2637659

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another one, lies on the internet that people take as the truth.

One that got a lot of chat was a photo of the Dail with 10 people in it, and apparently it was the amount of the lazy buggers who could be bothered to turn up to a debate on mental health issues. Cue hundreds of comments ripping into all politicians.

Next day on the radio I heard a reporter who was actually at the debate and I think they said that there was 66 people there and 38 actually spoke in the debate.

But why let the truth get in the way of a good rant, eh?

Also, I wish people would stop pretending they don't know the front of a camera from the back, just to get their 5min of fame. Its boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Neighbour ringing the doorbell at 9.15 on a Sunday morning. I hop out of the bed and run down to see who it is, and there he is, asking if I could take a look at his lawnmower as it won't start. Really, are you serious? I said to him that I'll have a look at it during the week and that early on a Sunday morning isn't a time to call in, unless it's an emergency, and a lawnmower is definitely not. He has done this before, calling in a ridiculous times about stupid stuff.
    Unannounced callers. In this day and age, where 99% of people have mobile phones, it's not hard to give someone a heads up that you might call to see them. Brother, the wife, and 2 kids land at the door yesterday at 5.30pm. "Only us" "are ye making tea". I was midway through second episode of the new Thrones and tucked up nicely with tea and a toasted sambo. In they arrive for over an hour, had to put on kids channels. I've spoken to brother before about this, goes in one ear and out the other. He lives next door to wife's parents, and they seem to have an open door policy, stroll in and out of each other's houses at any time day or night. Will you ever go away and leave me alone, who fcuking arrives unannounced to someone's house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

People that sign off their usernames at the end of their forum posts. Wtf is the need for this? Do you feel it makes you look more important somehow?

You're not signing off a letter.

We know who you are.

You're an anonymous poster on an Internet forum.

Your username is right there above your post. No need to type it out again! UGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

armaghlad wrote: »
    People that sign off their usernames at the end of their forum posts. Wtf is the need for this? Do you feel it makes you look more important somehow?

You're not signing off a letter.

We know who you are.

UGH!

Or at the end of a text. Brother would text maybe 3 times a week. Puts his name at the end of every text. Why? I've said it to him and he seems to think it's the done thing. Eh, I know who the text is from, unless you're texting from someone else's phone, there's no need to put your name at the end.
    Also, who the fcuk still texts? Apart from a couple of people who don't have a smart phone? Other brother, has a galaxy s4, not on viber, WhatsApp, messenger, Facebook, no email. Why? The od time I do text, he rings back, on the phone for 20 minutes. Aaaaaaarrrrrgh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When a noise I've been hearing for ages disappears as soon as I ask "what's that noise?".

When I'm feeling too lazy to go to the gym, even though I know I'll feel great afterwards.

When people are clearly in my way but say something like "oh you're alright" when I dodge them as they barge through.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Both the Shift and the Control buttons on my laptop have stopped working and I have to use the on-screen keyboard. :mad:

Time for a new computer (and that's an expense I could have done without), but never again a Toshiba.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Eating pastry in bed (don't judge me!) Flakes everywhere, will have to limbo towards the bin. Worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

mud wrote: »
    Eating pastry in bed (don't judge me!) Flakes everywhere, will have to limbo towards the bin. Worth it.
    Sausage roll?;)
    :P

Its raining here,thought it was meant to be warm and sunny.

Newspapers that try to get our sympathy for journalists with headlines like this: Egypt recommends death sentence for three journalists

Nearly 1,000 people have been executed in Egypt since the new régime took over. Many of these people have been genuinely innocent. What on earth makes 3 journalists worthy of special mention, however? If they're anything like Irish journalists you can bet they were politically partisan and agenda-driven with no interest at all in justice, fairness or anything noble (even though they might be forced to dress up their mé féinerism from time to time).

In other words, my trivial annoyance is the propagation (by journalists, of course) of this myth that journalists are some sort of honourable, heroic and courageous personifications of integrity and fairness who, God save us, are apparently an essential part of democracy. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Ha!

Colser wrote: »
    Sausage roll?;)
    :P

Its raining here,thought it was meant to be warm and sunny.

Correct! (and a chicken and bacon slice :o

There's a vintage tractor run here today and clearly that's just an open invitation for assholes to come and throw litter around the place and make sad attempts at donuts on the main street. Assholes. Assholes. Assholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Newspapers that try to get our sympathy for journalists with headlines like this: Egypt recommends death sentence for three journalists

Nearly 1,000 people have been executed in Egypt since the new régime took over. Many of these people have been genuinely innocent. What on earth makes 3 journalists worthy of special mention, however? If they're anything like Irish journalists you can bet they were politically partisan and agenda-driven with no interest at all in justice, fairness or anything noble (even though they might be forced to dress up their mé féinerism from time to time).

In other words, my trivial annoyance is the propagation (by journalists, of course) of this myth that journalists are some sort of honourable, heroic and courageous personifications of integrity and fairness who, God save us, are apparently an essential part of democracy. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Ha!

Same thing when there is any tragedy overseas that claims multiple lives. The first thing said one the news is: "there are no Irish thought to be among the dead".

So pretty much sod the rest of them then. It's terrible they died or whatever but at least someone from here who 99.999999999999999999% of the people watching wouldn't know hasn't been killed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The traffic was particularly heavy for a Sunday in town today, and I was driving behind a Good Samaritan who was stopping every two minutes to let someone pull out , or to let dopes, who can't be arsed walking a few feet to a designated crossing, cross the Quay. I'm TA that I asked my 4 yr old which way would we drive today, through town, or take the longer route that is all roundabouts and only one set of lights, and she picked town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

All the local events that were organised to remember the 1916 Rising. All that show of patriotism but theý forgot the basic rules regarding the flying of the tricolour. The schools were given a copy of the Proclamation and the national flag.
    I pass through a small village that had its own celebration about 3 weeks ago. Today one tricolour was tangled in a tree and the other outside the national school was hanging from just the top corner after its stitching or whatever had torn. Obviously no one goes to the trouble of taking the flags down at night which is the proper protocol.
    A bad example to be setting to kids that are surely learning about our history.

I was unwillingly drawn into drama just now. A girl who I don't really have much time for asked me for a lift home for her and her boyfriend. The two of them were hammered. I said OK because I'm nice like that but told them they had to hold on a few minutes while I finished what I was doing. Cue lots of "youuuu're soooo sooouuuuunds" and "thanksh sho mushes".

Suddenly she went to the dark-side and stormed off on your man. Meanwhile he's outside talking shiite to some other guy and manages to drop his chips! I told him to hop in to the back of the car and we'd pick your wan up on the way. Of course he tried to get in the front where there was no room for him what with my books and tobacco etc occupying the seat.

Stopped for your wan who had gone up the street. Told her to hop in the back. Of course she tried to get in the front. "You read comics?! that's gas"!

She was ignoring her boyfriend, he kept trying to talk to her. She told me to let them out at the top of the street, I said I'd drop them home (because I hate seeing people that drunk walking at night). He said "she'll take us home" she started shouting that I wasn't a taxi-driver. (Eh why did you ask me for a lift?)

Gladly let them out and drove off thinking 'not my circus, not my monkeys'. I can almost guarantee that she'll look straight through me the next time she sees me.

TLDR Drunk people are TA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

mud wrote: »
    I was unwillingly drawn into drama just now. A girl who I don't really have much time for asked me for a lift home for her and her boyfriend. The two of them were hammered. I said OK because I'm nice like that but told them they had to hold on a few minutes while I finished what I was doing. Cue lots of "youuuu're soooo sooouuuuunds" and "thanksh sho mushes".

Suddenly she went to the dark-side and stormed off on your man. Meanwhile he's outside talking shiite to some other guy and manages to drop his chips! I told him to hop in to the back of the car and we'd pick your wan up on the way. Of course he tried to get in the front where there was no room for him what with my books and tobacco etc occupying the seat.

Stopped for your wan who had gone up the street. Told her to hop in the back. Of course she tried to get in the front. "You read comics?! that's gas"!

She was ignoring her boyfriend, he kept trying to talk to her. She told me to let them out at the top of the street, I said I'd drop them home (because I hate seeing people that drunk walking at night). He said "she'll take us home" she started shouting that I wasn't a taxi-driver. (Eh why did you ask me for a lift?)

Gladly let them out and drove off thinking 'not my circus, not my monkeys'. I can almost guarantee that she'll look straight through me the next time she sees me.

TLDR Drunk people are TA.

wow, more than I'd do.

TA'ed I didn't get up tis 8pm...:o

I'm TA'd that I'm going through my 'heebiejeebie need the little light on at night' phase, only for the bulb to be gone. This means I'll have to "sleep" with the big light on.

I'm TA'd that I get the heebiejeebies :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Arriving at a wake just in time for a fecking rosary.

Thanks to boards Im now getting adds for single muslim women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jaqen Hghar

TA'd when I'm ordering a takeaway and my other half says they don't want anything when I ask them, then proceed to help themselves to my food when it arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

ta'd with the insomnia.. sleeping tablet just gave me an hour:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I am more than a little TA that I did not sleep at all last night. Mix of not strong enough painkillers, anxiety and maybe just bad luck. Either way I feel like ****ing ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

ok my trivial annoyance..

my neighbour is at it again, has gone away and parked (abandoned) her car outside my house again.. despite having a space outisde her house and an empty drive way.
    I swear she thinks the spot outside my house is a short term DAA parking, for her and her family.
    Infact i'm actually thinking of opening a bargain alert, cheap/free daa short term parking outside my house for everyone... arggggh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I did go to the gym yesterday in the end and annoyingly my (invisible, non-existant) abs and my (puny, rubbery) biceps are killing me. Ouch :( .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

yeah i'm having one of them mornings, another annoyance..

people who when they pull into the side of the room fling open their car door and jump out, I mean hello!!! i'm driving here, did you not see the four wheeled moving machine coming towards you???

grrr and its only 9:07am... dear god help me haha!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement