Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

quote="[Deleted User];101433545"]Why can't people quote a post properly on Boards? All across this forum you have people who somehow manage to be able to reply to a particular post without quoting it correctly (on my screen "reply to post" automatically quotes the post correctly).[/quote

I hate it too

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Vegans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

73Cat wrote: »
    Getting waves of nostalgia watching 80s power ballad videos on some music channel. As in tears in my eyes watching Whitney Houston. Sweet Jesus, I need to pull myself together, I was never a Whitney fan anyway :(

The band in our local we were in were playing 'i will always love you' last night, and Mrs W had a few beers on board.

So of course Mrs W decides to serenade me (ie make a holy show of me) that song.

And lets not even mention what happened when the band fired up 'Working 9 to 5'......major TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Shannon757 wrote: »

I hate it too

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Someone left a single chocolate finger in the box, you know the Cadbury ones?

One isn't really any good to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Two bigname supermarkets don't sell loose mushrooms anymore. It's not the cost, I don't want to waste half a punnet of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Not sure if this counts as "trivial" but my biggest Pet Hate is people from the millennial generation using screenshots as weapons on social media.

Screenshot culture 2016. There are some upsides to the ability to take a screenshot of a tweet, of course.

But for the most part it's a weaponized culture of bullying - to mock others for "stupid" things they write or say.

My twitter timeline is full of screenshots from peoples private FB, instagram and twitter of 'stupid' things they have said.

It's bullying, dangerous and harmful and the millennial generation seem to think it's normal.

Scary stuff. I absolutely 100% believe suicide rates will rise in this country partly due to the fact the entire lives of millennials (and younger) are based around social media and the increased weaponization of screenshots is the new bullying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Two bigname supermarkets don't sell loose mushrooms anymore. It's not the cost, I don't want to waste half a punnet of them.

That drives me mad, and it's the same with bulbs of garlic in packs of 3,.and tomatoes in packs of 6. I don't ever need them in those quantities :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Shannon757 wrote: »
    quote="[Deleted User];101433545"]Why can't people quote a post properly on Boards? All across this forum you have people who somehow manage to be able to reply to a particular post without quoting it correctly (on my screen "reply to post" automatically quotes the post correctly).[/quote

I hate it too
    Also, why do people quote the whole of a long post just to add a one line comment? There are a couple of guidelines I learned on Usenet - ah, the memories - all those years ago, as follows:

- quote the bit you're specifically replying to. No, one line is not an adequate response to a long post.
    - Try to write at least as much as you quote. (Success.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

**** off Boards and your ****ing reCaptha and ****ing patios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

73Cat wrote:
    That drives me mad, and it's the same with bulbs of garlic in packs of 3,.and tomatoes in packs of 6. I don't ever need them in those quantities

Same here..and all those bloody deals drive me insane,2 for 3e etc...I only need one but won't buy them because I'm being done so they backfire imo.Waste food really annoys me and I've just dumped petit filou yogurts because my gang only want the apricot ones ATM but they're only sold in packs of four mixed ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Empty after eight packets in a box. WTF, like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Cyclists cycling on the road, next to a perfectly good cycle lane. I understand it if the cycle lane is in bad condition, but this was a new one, probably in better condition than the road! Of course they had to go through the roundabout too even though the cycle lane goes another (safer) way.

When you're in a restaurant and keep having to ask for water and they keep forgetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

They say "time flies by when you're having so much fun", but what they really should be saying is "time flies by..." I didn't get any sleep last night and pretty spend most of the night lying in bed with my eyes closed, occasionally tossing and turning. Now i'm going to be tired all day in work because of it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

daelight wrote: »
    Vegans

TA: arbitrary hatred of entire groups of people

How in a restaurant, they usually bring your courses out fairly fast, but then when you are finished it takes an age to get the bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

It's gone a bit cooler, so what, it does this every year. Why is this such a surprise to most people? Why is cold weather bad weather? Why is wet weather bad weather?
    Put on an extra layer and get a good coat for yourself.
    Saw a fella last night in a tshirt having a cigarette, he says, "jaysus, fooking freezing ain't it"
    Wear the correct clothing, and there's no such thing as "bad" weather. (Apart from storms and hurricanes etc)

People who are chatty this early in the morning.

Feck off and annoy someone else would ya.

Winterlong wrote: »
    People who are chatty this early in the morning.

Feck off and annoy someone else would ya.

Good weekend? How was the weekend? Did you do anything the weekend? Monday again hey, can't believe it. God it's fierce cold out there this morning isn't it? Not long now. You need your coat this morning. Weekend flies in doesn't it? Ah sure we're wishing our lives away.....:pac:

TA Mondays, people who talk. Tuesdays. Wednesdays. Thursdays. The rest of the days are just ok.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The rest of the days are just ok.

Just, barely just. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Good weekend? How was the weekend? Did you do anything the weekend? Monday again hey, can't believe it. God it's fierce cold out there this morning isn't it? Not long now. You need your coat this morning. Weekend flies in doesn't it? Ah sure we're wishing our lives away.....:pac:

TA Mondays, people who talk. Tuesdays. Wednesdays. Thursdays. The rest of the days are just ok.

Oh yes....
    I get this every morning at work. Had last Friday off as a flexi day and was asked this morning was the weather nice on the day.... still coming up from a bastardy hangover and I can't remember back that far. GO AWAY.

I'm dreading telling this colleague that I'm away to Greece for a few days next month...weather weather weather.........don't give a crap, just want to go somewhere new....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

daelight wrote: »
    Vegans

People who don't like Star Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    People who don't like Star Trek.

they really ruined it with the prequels. the guy who played anakin skywalker was a terrible actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Good weekend? How was the weekend?...

"Any plans for the weekend??" What? Oh yes, I'll probably do a 15k run this evening, after the office. Tomorrow, after I cut the grass, I'll be up all night freebasing champagne and drinking cocaine with several seven-foot Ukrainian valkyries. That'll run straight into getting home by Parkouring across the rooftops on Sunday morning. After that I might have a bit of a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Oh yes....

I'm dreading telling this colleague that I'm away to Greece for a few days next month...weather weather weather.........don't give a crap, just want to go somewhere new....

I'm going to Spain next Monday for a week. "Isn't it well for you". Ahhh F*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,717 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

First off, I don't mind Dermot Whelan. He's carved out a living in radio and tv and fair play. Live and let live.

But for the love of God, is he trying to be so painfully annoying in the latest adverts for that Appliance website. The voice he puts on drives my f**king mental :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I'm going to Spain next Monday for a week. "Isn't it well for you". Ahhh F*ck off.

That drives me nuts. As if they don't get their own holidays and we're from the upper echelons of society, who are the only ones who get holidays!

Reminds me of a fellow last year who asked where my brother was. I said that he was on a week off. He started moaning how it was well for him, and how others had mortgages to pay for and children to look after (which my brother does too by the way). Then I found out after he had his house paid for by his parents and never had to spend a cent on a mortgage. Grrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

when you are typing away on a report and take a look up at the screen to see you have been typing away in BLOODY CAPS :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...Reminds me of a fellow last year who asked where my brother was. I said that he was on a week off. He started moaning how it was well for him, and how others had mortgages to pay for and children to look after...

Paid holidays are quite common these days. Is yer maun working as an 1870s coal-miner, or something??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

That drives me nuts. As if they don't get their own holidays and we're from the upper echelons of society, who are the only ones who get holidays!

Reminds me of a fellow last year who asked where my brother was. I said that he was on a week off. He started moaning how it was well for him, and how others had mortgages to pay for and children to look after (which my brother does too by the way). Then I found out after he had his house paid for by his parents and never had to spend a cent on a mortgage. Grrr!

My absolutely biggest pet hate is people relating anything that's deemed above the breadline as "remnants of the celtic tiger"

"Want to spend €3 on a donut?" - You may go back working for Anglo!

"Want to head to Berlin for a weekend?" - I'd say your pension wasn't touched

"Want to buy a coat in somewhere other than Penneys?" - You're basically a traitor to working people

Genuinely there are people who sneer at anyone who wants to have any thing that isn't the bare minimum of existence

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement