Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

Slipping my feet out of crocs...every time it's nearly a trip to A&E

Bloody crocs, they move faster than you'd think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The bitter chinless wonder at work who keeps giving the evil eye.
    Is it because Im good at my job and got promoted, chinless wonder?
    Is that why you're giving me the stick eye?!
    Speak to me, chinless wonder!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Waiting in Argos for something at lunchtime along with loads of other people and I spot a couple arrive at the collection point after paying. Now maybe she isn’t familiar with the way Argos works or maybe she is just dim, but she starts waggling the receipt at him and gesturing that he should go up and enquire where their items where. He seems reluctant, like he knows the score, but also seems afraid to say no as he meekly tries to catch the attention of the assistant through the hoardes of people also waiting. This isn’t good enough for dim-bat who is getting very frustrated with his half-ars*d attempts. She starts gesticulating at him, rolling her eyes and when he tries to come back to her she sends him off on his merry way again to humiliate himself. Eventually he admits defeat and makes his way back to her and I can hear her saying ‘for god’s sake you can do nothing right’.

Then when they eventually get their things, she makes him hold the bag while she forensically inspects each item before putting them in it. But even that isn’t good enough, as he gets in trouble for not having the bag open wide enough.

And then she stalks out and he trots after her carrying the bag, and all I can think is why doesn’t she just do it all herself and spare us an insight into the miserable existence her husband must lead being bossed around by her!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Jesus. That's abusive :/

Rant: Colleagues standing over me when I'm at something, just watching, waiting. Go waaayyyy outa me space will yiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

The current fashion of radio/tv/internet ads using quirky ukelele music in the background. Makes me grit my teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

s4uv3 wrote:
    Rant: Colleagues standing over me when I'm at something, just watching, waiting. Go waaayyyy outa me space will yiz.

This wrecks my head,I can't even spell when someone is standing over me and if I'm on the phone I can't concentrate on the conversation.Some people are just ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People standing behind you when you are seated on the luas, blatantly looking down onto your phone screen. Fúck off you fúcking fúcktard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Getting your NCT and motor tax renewal letter on the same day.

How much are horses? I think I'll buy a horse, get a fancy hat and get giddy uppin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Vel wrote: »
    Waiting in Argos for something at lunchtime along with loads of other people and I spot a couple arrive at the collection point after paying. Now maybe she isn’t familiar with the way Argos works or maybe she is just dim, but she starts waggling the receipt at him and gesturing that he should go up and enquire where their items where. He seems reluctant, like he knows the score, but also seems afraid to say no as he meekly tries to catch the attention of the assistant through the hoardes of people also waiting. This isn’t good enough for dim-bat who is getting very frustrated with his half-ars*d attempts. She starts gesticulating at him, rolling her eyes and when he tries to come back to her she sends him off on his merry way again to humiliate himself. Eventually he admits defeat and makes his way back to her and I can hear her saying ‘for god’s sake you can do nothing right’.

Then when they eventually get their things, she makes him hold the bag while she forensically inspects each item before putting them in it. But even that isn’t good enough, as he gets in trouble for not having the bag open wide enough.

And then she stalks out and he trots after her carrying the bag, and all I can think is why doesn’t she just do it all herself and spare us an insight into the miserable existence her husband must lead being bossed around by her!
    I'm hoping that one of the items she got was a baseball bat and yer man gave a little secret smile when she stuck it in the bag. Like in the soaps where the evil character is up to no good and they look off into the distance as the doof-doof rolls.

Anyway my TA is that ad for claiming back PPI where the guy says something like "money owed to you and I."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone that says 'rant over'. You don't matter enough for that to have any gravitas.

/rant over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Walking in the rain only to discover your shoes/trainers have a new hole in them and are letting in water. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Somebody posts a link to...say..a wikipedia article, but they were on their mobile so it's a link to the mobile site, and wikipedia doesn't recognise that I'm looking at it on a computer and automatically adjust.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd that I've got a sore throat a week before my holidays when I have loads to do

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The weather today would piss you off no end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

kfallon wrote:
    The weather today would piss you off no end!

Agreed! I have my diploma graduation today and I've had my hair done and all, trying to keep it from deflating. Yesterday would have been a perfect day for it but noooooo because it's a special day for me the world has to go and piss on it. Story of my life stays true to form!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Agreed! I have my diploma graduation today and I've had my hair done and all, trying to keep it from deflating. Yesterday would have been a perfect day for it but noooooo because it's a special day for me the world has to go and piss on it. Story of my life stays true to form!

Don't let the weather spoil your day, enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Two people step in to a lift/jump in a taxi/fall of a cliff/ bump in to each other in a supermarket. You won't believe what happens next"

I. Don't. Give. A. Sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Junk mail. Physical and electronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Getting sick of this American election nonsense, its taking over my Facebook page as well as boards here.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Peeling small potatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Got my motor insurance quote by email.
    Ring the broker (AA).
    They get me to go through all of my details even though they have everything in the document that they emailed me.
    They confirm the price - "Are you happy to go with that?"

Me: "No!
    AA: "Why?"
    Me: "I want a better price - go and double-check everything!"
    AA: "Okay - but it won't do any good"
    .....on hold for less than a minute.....
    AA: "I can do it for €200 cheaper!!!!"
    Me: "Okay - let's do that".

Gob****e is delighted with himself :eek:

This is your fooking job - to get the best price for me in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I still have a hangover from Sunday...........

This TA is more than compensated for by the fact that we won the Cup though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Scrolling on my phone through the pages of boards and one particular ad for a website I bought from recently won't let me keep scrolling, I have a get a point above or below the ad.
    Boo also for garda vetting and those dirty eircodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Went out to the shop to get something and they overcharged me by 20 euros. Had to go back there again then went to the two bank machines which were both out of order, whilst driving home someone drove right into me, wouldn't reverse kept flashing their full lights and had to reverse all the way on the road for them without so much of any recognition. Really not in the mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Lost a sh*t tonne of money on poker today and for once it wasn't down to playing like a degenerate idiot. Played perfectly just got sucked out on over and over again. Not good for the heart or the brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Watching the US election tonight. TA at the ads on NBC every 5 minutes. But on the plus side, have just discovered CNN live feed and they have no ads....yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sandwich ham, why can't you reseal a package again once its opened. :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Finding something I really love and it goes out of feicing circulation or whatever. Currently my lovely cosy Penneys Slippers are getting nearer and nearer to being thrown-out and I can't find those exact Slippers that I want, in there now that I got before. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Todays media coverage will probably get me TA d.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Got delayed in college and got back to car park 30 seconds late. Bloody place was closed. Had to pay €40.00 to get car released plus the price of the ticket. Life sucks some times, especially when money is tight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement