Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Trump as the next USA president

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Marje wrote: »
    Trump as the next USA president
    wish this was trivial.......

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'll be TA'd if the last two posts become a recurring theme of this thread and it's back and forths. It's meant to be light. There's about 4 threads on the front page of AH about the election as it is. Let us whinge about Audi drivers and change not being placed in your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd at myself I dropped my iphone and broke the glass covering the screen now the blasted thing won't work at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

TA I had a visitation last night in my dreams from Trump where I found him madly attractive and my dream crossed some lines I shall never speak of...and then woke up to find he will be President :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

TA'd when I show courtesy to another driver by letting them out of a side road or letting them move into my lane in front of me and they don't even bother to acknowledge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Fella rings looking for payment of something that's nothing to do with our company. I know who he's meant to be ringing so I give them the name and number. The reply: "I'm just looking to get fúcking paid". You're welcome :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at insurance companies taking their own sweet time to process my claim. FFS my phone isn't working I need it fixed asap.
    Don't they understand I'm missing the very important daily photos of my 8 month old niece

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

In a wild hurry to get to an appointment and I made my lunch too hot, so I'm rushing my way through too-hot food :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

When u see club orange in the supermarket, and all the bits have settled to the bottom of the bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Parcel fúcking cúnting Motel :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

kfallon wrote: »
    Parcel fúcking cúnting Motel :mad:

You're always on about how great it is.

Dry lips and skin, I've got drandruffy eyebrows :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Got a new mouse for the computer here at home, it's a wee bit smaller than what I'm used to. My hand is cramping up using it. The bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Got a new mouse for the computer here at home, it's a wee bit smaller than what I'm used to. My hand is cramping up using it. The bastard.

There's a computer mouse out in the shed somewhere from my long gone Dell desktop. I don't know if it would be any use, but PM your address and I'll throw it in the post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Guys in my office are getting all wet over some upcoming martial arts fight involving an Irish guy named McGregor. TA-ed that they don't seem to get how homoerotic the whole notion is, watching sweaty guys knocking the s#!t out of each other. Boxing not sufficiently bloody for you guys, eh?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Uninstalling a trial version of McAfee virus scanner.
    They make it very difficult. Harder even than cancelling a sky subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I Hire a driver to move stuff to a new flat,
    he just looks at google maps ,
    puts in adress,
    We could have got their 10 minutes earlier by going a more direct route ,say you are going to finglas from city centre , theres no need to go to santry ,first , just go direct to finglas via the motorway .
    The route he went makes no sense, he gets paid 30 euro ,set rate for the job
    no point in taking a long route .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

riclad wrote: »
    I Hire a driver to move stuff to a new flat,
    he just looks at google maps ,
    puts in adress,
    We could have got their 10 minutes earlier by going a more direct route ,say you are going to finglas from city centre , theres no need to go to santry ,first , just go direct to finglas via the motorway .
    The route he went makes no sense, he gets paid 30 euro ,set rate for the job
    no point in taking a long route .

I had a barney with a taxi driver the other night, going from the airport to Finglas. He wanted to go out to the M1, then M50 and get off at Finglas.
    I told him to go up the sideof the airport as it was a more direct route and less ground to cover and quicker.

He was first annoyed because he got only a short fare, and secondly because he didn't get to make it a better fare for himself.
    Then he done the thing when giving the change, he gave the note first and took an age hoping getting the coins hoping I would say 'it's grand'. Fook him, I even made sure to count the change in an obvious manner in the car.

Lazy editorial and mis-use of verbs drives me demented. So, for example when you want to quote someone, it is something he "said". But we see so much of the following:

"It is what I have always dreamed of", he smiled.

"It's a dream come true", he beamed.

Smiling and beaming are not speaking verbs you fúcktard.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I had a barney with a taxi driver the other night, going from the airport to Finglas. He wanted to go out to the M1, then M50 and get off at Finglas.
    I told him to go up the sideof the airport as it was a more direct route and less ground to cover and quicker.

He was first annoyed because he got only a short fare, and secondly because he didn't get to make it a better fare for himself.
    Then he done the thing when giving the change, he gave the note first and took an age hoping getting the coins hoping I would say 'it's grand'. Fook him, I even made sure to count the change in an obvious manner in the car.

:mad:. This.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

bnt wrote: »
    Guys in my office are getting all wet over some upcoming martial arts fight involving an Irish guy named McGregor. TA-ed that they don't seem to get how homoerotic the whole notion is, watching sweaty guys knocking the s#!t out of each other. Boxing not sufficiently bloody for you guys, eh?

+1.
    Conor McGregor has a face I'd love to punch.

(I wouldn't stand a chance if he retaliated though but the mere sight of him is a TA to me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Buying something in a shop, put my hand out to get the change and the cashier puts in on the counter instead. Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Getting a sales email (cold) then getting a Linkedin invite 5 minutes later from the sales person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

Ould fellas cracking onto young wans trying to stay relevant.

Is it OK if they're only doing it because they're horny? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Kadser

People who yap loudly into their phone in Starbucks and then sit at the table next to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

storker wrote: »
    Is it OK if they're only doing it because they're horny? :D

You see them in Reardens, they walk around looking the females up and down like some kind of wildlife park. Over 40 overweight, pig ugly and slurping innocuously from main stream pints of lager ogling until they find a 20 something year old drunk enough to listen to their warbled excuse for a chat up line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Hairdressers/barbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Reardens
    I know where im going on holiday :D
    TA'd im not Ireland right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I am on a course today and the guy beside me smells like he sh1t himself. Would it be rude to swap seats when I go back after lunch???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I am on a course today and the guy beside me smells like he sh1t himself. Would it be rude to swap seats when I go back after lunch???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement