Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I am on a course today and the guy beside me smells like he sh1t himself. Would it be rude to swap seats when I go back after lunch???

I would. Can't stand smelly feckers. I went to the canteen in work this morning and got a whiff of max factor foundation so thick that I nearly had to get a knife to cut through it. No-one to be seen but I knew exactly who it was; a woman who sits at an adjacent desk to mine, who wears foundation about an inch thick, and it stinks. I've to f*cking fart to improve my environment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Been awoken from a mid afternoon snooze by someone on the phone. I really should turn the damned thing off before I randomly fall asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I would. Can't stand smelly feckers. I went to the canteen in work this morning and got a whiff of max factor foundation so thick that I nearly had to get a knife to cut through it. No-one to be seen but I knew exactly who it was; a woman who sits at an adjacent desk to mine, who wears foundation about an inch thick, and it stinks. I've to f*cking fart to improve my environment!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA that my IM client auto-corrects "wanna" to "want to" and i cant figure out how to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ewekiddingme

People who get outraged over people being outraged online. Its annoying to hear that stuff but you're only giving the outrage more oxygen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I've a pain in my hole listening about Christmas already. Seriously, if it starts an earlier you may as well leave the fcuking decorations up all year round!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

The Americanization of us. People calling their babies Cory and Courtney
    People talking in American accents
    People using American terms in their language,
    Like putting "Period" at the end of a sentence ("I think this has to stop. Period")
    Or like putting "already" at the end of a sentence" ("Will you shut up already")

There's loads of stuff like that!

Black Friday, Ferck off already. Period!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Laois_Man wrote: »
    The Americanization of us. People calling their babies Cory and Courtney
    People talking in American accents
    People using American terms in their language,
    Like putting "Period" at the end of a sentence ("I think this has to stop. Period")
    Or like putting "already" at the end of a sentence" ("Will you shut up already")

There's loads of stuff like that!

Black Friday, Ferck off already. Period!

Whilst on kids' names - this endless round of calling your kid "--- Mae", Jessie-Mae, Daisy-Mae the fupping lot.

Small thing I know but drives me nuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Laois_Man wrote: »
    The Americanization of us.

Indeed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

kfallon wrote:
    Indeed

Haha good spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote:
    I've a pain in my hole listening about Christmas already. Seriously, if it starts an earlier you may as well leave the fcuking decorations up all year round!

Merry Christmas eisyðŸ˜

eisenberg1 wrote:

Merry Christmas eisyðŸ˜

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I am on a course today and the guy beside me smells like he sh1t himself. Would it be rude to swap seats when I go back after lunch???

Not at all, and even if it is rude, fúck him. I moved away from the guy beside me on the LUAS last week because he was obviously on the lookout for ticket inspectors and he kept leaning over me to look out the window. I blatantly stood up and moved to a seat just across from us but plan B was to punch his lights out so I figured he wouldn't mind plan A :pac:

Lucy Kennedy's pregnancy. Did you know Lucy Kennedy is pregnant? Yes, pregnant. Imagine. She had sex and now she is pregnant and it's ALL the media can talk about. She has a bump and all because you know....she's pregnant! Would ye shut up da fúck about Lucy Kennedy's pregnancy. Period. (oh wait....no periods because......you guessed, she's pregnant!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

Having to cut the lawn grass in the middle of November. Don't remember having to do this before. I usually fire the lawnmower in the back of the shed come October and be thoroughly glad to do so too. That 'Game of Thrones' claims "winter is coming" but its all obviously a pack of lies

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

People who don't indicate when changing lane. How hard is it to hit your indicator?

Double posting..

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnRock

taking two days to reply to an email

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Tv cookery show wine experts. "A hint of strawberry and rhubarb, it has a kick to it..." Ok I get that. But the guy that personifies it? "This wine has real attitude..." It's a f**king wine, not a teenager.

Tv cookery show wine experts. "A hint of strawberry and rhubarb, it has a kick to it..." Ok I get that. But the guy that personifies it? "This wine has real attitude..." It's a f**king wine, not a teenager.

Some of those "experts" are full of s*it.On that show The Restaurant they'd be smelling it and twirling it but rarely guessed what actual wine it was ...just drink it and enjoy it FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Bridge93 wrote: »
    People who don't indicate when changing lane. How hard is it to hit your indicator?
    These are the folks we need to replace with robot cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The smell/cloud of cigarette smoke that greets your face upon exiting any shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

BRAKE LIGHTS!!

How hard is it to put the handbrake on at traffic lights??

Stop blinding the person in the car behind with your extremely strong multiple dotted-all-over-the-rear-of-the-car brake lights!

(Oh, you didn't realise that when you press on the brake, the back of the car lights up like Henry St at Xmas?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

double-posted itself. Another trivial annoyance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Today I was briefly in a town I used to live in a few years ago and I hated the uneasy feeling the place gave me because of the bad memories associated with it. It was almost like I was about to have a panic attack. It's a sh1tty town anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

What the hell is the difference between a crocodile and an alligator?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

One lives in freshwater, the other in sea.

TA I have an itchy foot right below where I can reach & have to take my shoe off to scratch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This will tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

You'll see one of them later, and you'll see the other one in a while.

I'm more than trivially annoyed at how sllloooowww it is to post on Boards at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

Putting on a jumper / hoodie & the sleeve is inside out, and you keep trying to put your arm through in frustration and get into a temper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement