Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

maudgonner wrote: »
    Poor umbrella etiquette.
    I agree wholeheartedly! As a person with altitude, I can say that those things can be very dangerous.

My trivial annoyance for this morning is the "Only in Ireland" comments that people make about stuff that happen everywhere. Today's offender was Alan Hughes on Ireland:AM (although I usually find him offensive anyway). Today his "Only in Ireland" thing was the pock-marked, crater-covered road leading up the the NCT Centre between Naas and Newbridge. I've heard that the road is bad but 'only in Ireland'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

TA'd when I'm ordering a takeaway and my other half says they don't want anything when I ask them, then proceed to help themselves to my food when it arrives.

Nothing as annoying. Go away, I'd have got you something if you wanted, this is MY food.
    My trivial annoyance, and I bet very few find this annoying. Milk carton on the table. Either pour your milk and put carton back in the fridge, or put it into a jug. It just looks terrible.
    Another annoyance. Grass cutting on a Sunday. Neighbour was at it yesterday. Fcuking idiot has the whole week to do it, but thinks a nice quiet Sunday afternoon is a great time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Short sleeved shirts. They just look stupid and you should feel stupid for wearing one you utter shambles of a human.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Kajemo wrote: »
    yeah i'm having one of them mornings, another annoyance..

people who when they pull into the side of the room fling open their car door and jump out, I mean hello!!! i'm driving here, did you not see the four wheeled moving machine coming towards you???

grrr and its only 9:07am... dear god help me haha!!

People who drive into buildings. :p

maudgonner wrote: »
    Poor umbrella etiquette.

I was in a crowd today and a woman pushed in front of me to stand right in my way with a huge golf umbrella, completely blocking my view. I think it might have been the parasol from her patio furniture, the bloody thing was so big.

Another guy had a broken brolly with a spike sticking out and he kept swiveling around, oblivious to the fact that he nearly took the eye out of the people beside him.

In general I think umbrellas should be banned from crowds. In fact umbrellas are just stupid things and should probably be banned completely until someone designs one that doesn't fall asunder at the slightest breath of wind and doesn't have the potential to inflict bodily injury on anyone within a five foot radius.

They probably will be banned soon, or taxed.

TA nanny state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I bought a 200 count cotton duvet set in Penneys, thinking it'd be the business. The material is really cold feeling when you get into bed. But the real killer is when I washed it and hung it out, it turned into an absolute ball of wrinkles :(. Feck that now, I rarely iron, and anyway how the hell do you iron a king size duvet cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People emailing files to my manager with data in as "tbc by TG1" despite the fact that I confirmed it a month ago... Like, do your own job before making out I'm rubbish at mine... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who drive into buildings. :p

hahahaha thats how annoyed i was i didnt even notice!!! of course i meant road not room haha altho i dunno wouldnt surprise me some of the bad driving i see

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd that YouTube won't work on my PC all of a sudden, was listening to music to try pass the time in here ffs :mad:

People who spend ages at those indoor ATMS in banks. What the actual fúck are they doing? And then a big sign on top: "QUICK BANKING". Quick my fúckin backside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

TA'd at lack of any update on ONW's crush.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

People who spend ages at those indoor ATMS in banks. What the actual fúck are they doing? And then a big sign on top: "QUICK BANKING". Quick my fúckin backside.

me thinks they are either trying to communicate with the mothership or get on the internet.

Trivial annoyance this time...

noisy co workers, just shush.. Kajemo needs some peace on a monday morning/afternoon.. sometimes i think i work with Loud Howard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

TA'd when I'm ordering a takeaway and my other half says they don't want anything when I ask them, then proceed to help themselves to my food when it arrives.

A girl has a hunger. A girl does not eat for a day and night. A man could get lucky.

Edit: TA that a man forgets to add a TA in his post. A man pleads forgiveness, to the old gods and the new.

Shannon757 wrote: »
    TA'd at lack of any update on ONW's crush.

TA I can no longer update on the crush because of thread rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

'Add your reply here'.

What does that even mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Back with a bang in work today. I had a week off and I came in and had to do yard duty AND homework club. I'm mega annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Bringing something really nice to a mates house (no expense spared super ice creams / deluxe choccy biscuits etc...) when visiting for a cuppa, and then they put them aside and give you some stale crap bikkies that have been living in the press for decades...

nooooooooo!! Open the stuff I brought damnit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My cheap lidl headphones have stopped working again

Oh well, at least they were cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

[QUOTE=mud;99656025

She was ignoring her boyfriend, he kept trying to talk to her. She told me to let them out at the top of the street, I said I'd drop them home (because I hate seeing people that drunk walking at night). He said "she'll take us home" she started shouting that I wasn't a taxi-driver. (Eh why did you ask me for a lift?)
    [/QUOTE]
    Yep, got that at the weekend, feck sake, how old are you, I exited after an hour of it.

My trivial annoyance for this morning is the "Only in Ireland" comments that people make about stuff that happen everywhere. Today's offender was Alan Hughes on Ireland:AM (although I usually find him offensive anyway). Today his "Only in Ireland" thing was the pock-marked, crater-covered road leading up the the NCT Centre between Naas and Newbridge. I've heard that the road is bad but 'only in Ireland'?

NCT centres, yep, only in Ireland..:D(potholes= everywhere)
    73Cat wrote: »
    I bought a 200 count cotton duvet set in Penneys, thinking it'd be the business. The material is really cold feeling when you get into bed. But the real killer is when I washed it and hung it out, it turned into an absolute ball of wrinkles :(. Feck that now, I rarely iron, and anyway how the hell do you iron a king size duvet cover?

Sing it to me, I got 1500tc on the internet, put them on the bed,(nice n cosy) next morning WTF, covered in fake tan, (not mine :rolleyes:) T.A'd is not the word, but the comment after was....."what's the problem, it washes out" as you say, the flippin wrinkles, after I had washed n ironed the things the day before, T-AAAAA'd I was, I wanted more than a days use, rather than someone incontinent slept in it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

My neighbours let their toddler play In their car, little brat has been beeping the horn for the past hour! Grrr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

First post on this thread, but have rambled in snd out a few times, but have not read all the posts, so sorry if this already got a nention...

Why is there no way to "cancel" the floor selection in a lift (elevator)??
    I am sure that it has happened to quite few of you. You (or worse, someone else!) press the a floor selection, then realise that it's the wrong one and you are going further up (or down), then, after pressing the correct number, you have to put up with the delay of the lift stopping and doors opening and closing for nothing before you get to where you want to go.
    Why is there no way to cancel the floor selection in a lift??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA I have been getting fevers on/off (had about bloody 5 so far this year) and all urine tests come back as normal (which is good but you know what I mean, no explanation) and just being told to take Vit C tablets which I already do. :mad:
    They are lucky I am just after one and lying like a dead fish in bed. :pac:

*TA also that deadlines are next week, but I need to hang around this poxy place for another 4 weeks before I am free to leave - and they made a fake project to keep us busy in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I am in such bad humour and there's no reason for it.
    I can't snap out of it and it's driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I agree wholeheartedly! As a person with altitude, I can say that those things can be very dangerous.

I had my nct there recently and it is by far the worst road I've ever driven on. if you ever want to know what those bouncy cars from films feel like then you should try this place. it's in a business park so obviously government aren't responsible for maintaining it but the fact that you have to cross this obstacle course before having a test on your car is laughable.

but i'm sure it happens in other countries too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

TA I can no longer update on the crush because of thread rules.

You can update on the crush. One time only. But, it'll cost you a 24 hour thread ban.

TA'd about the 2 idiots that wouldn't overtake a tractor forcing people behind to overtake all 3 at once. The first guy was so close to the tractor he couldn't possibly have seen the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I found one of my shoes in the garden. I can't find the other one. My dog looks delighted with himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Watching come dine with me, the people are such idiots that I am TA'd that they let them on telly!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

When I'm sitting here having a trawl through Boards or YouTube and for no reason I'll remember some really cringy or idiotic thing I did in the past and think "Dear God, you're a tool!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The weather today: not very hot but oh, the humidity ... in Dublin centre the haze was so muggy, you could only see a few blocks. Deodorant didn't stand a chance, the LUAS smelled like ... me. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

bnt wrote: »
    The weather today: not very hot but oh, the humidity ... in Dublin centre the haze was so muggy, you could only see a few blocks. Deodorant didn't stand a chance, the LUAS smelled like ... me. :o
    Would you be interested in a house swap in Cork? We have non stop rain since Saturday morning and no sign of a let up..more than TAd at this stage.:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement