Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

"Ireland's Call" upsets me

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Hanging up wet clothes which have been washed with one leg or sleeve left inside out, and then having to put my nice warm hand into a cold wet sleeve to get it the right side out.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

Ally Dick wrote: »
    "Ireland's Call" upsets me

In an American accent, in the "Aviva Stadium" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I don't really drink coffee that often but when I do, I drink Carte Noire.
    I ran out of it the other day and picked up a jar of Nescafe in a garage on the way home (other half loves his coffee).

Had a cup tonight and my God, it's horrible.
    It smelled like Oxo and tasted nothing like coffee.

Before the coffee snobs get in and lambast me for even drinking instant, I know ground coffee is the best stuff to drink, but Carte Noire is actually lovely and I enjoy it.
    Tasting Nescafe compared to it was just awful.

Drunk people when you're not drunk yourself.
    God they're annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

In a single radio ad break today I heard Marks and Spencer tell me that 'it's not too late to order your food for Christmas' (really, it's the 12th or November and I still have time? Thank you Jesus!), and Tesco advertising their Back to School specials (Back to School after what? Mid-term break? The teachers' strike?).

Make your minds up, supermarkets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

When I go to pick up a cat it fecks off to another spot and stares at me as if to say try harder !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

When I'm lurking on Boards I can see all the embedded pics but when I'm signed in all I can see is the links.

Also I can never see embedded tweets at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

When I'm lurking on Boards I can see all the embedded pics but when I'm signed in all I can see is the links.

George Hook. He's on tv at the moment and he's just a fúcking grade A bastardiser of the English language. His whole massive mouth mangles, mangles, every single word like a fúcking lion roaring each syllable out with all the grace of a dying cat which refuses to die. He just keeps lifting his formidable (to be nice about it) head up to splutter something else out. He spits the words out, he vomits them out, he growls them out.

He is the barbarian of all barbarians on Irish television.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

that advert with young children dribbling, with glasses, talking about how much they adore their grandparents. Bore off ye dullards :mad::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

zeroliner wrote: »
    that advert with young children dribbling, with glasses, talking about how much they adore their grandparents. Bore off ye dullards :mad::pac:

Those perfect ads on Sky with all the perfect people in their perfect homes buying perfect presents for another. Go off and do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Radio Stations and their fecking secret sound.

Most of them seem to be doing it these days.

For the love of Brussel sprouts, Play some music.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Schwiiing wrote: »

The way boards turns everything into a double post for the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    One lives in freshwater, the other in sea.

TA I have an itchy foot right below where I can reach & have to take my shoe off to scratch it.

Except for freshwater crocs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

For the last few days all of my online accounts keep logging me out after I leave the tab but now if I log into YouTube and watch a video I am logged out. What is the point of "remember me" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Shannon757 wrote: »
    For the last few days all of my online accounts keep logging me out after I leave the tab but now if I log into YouTube and watch a video I am logged out. What is the point of "remember me" ?

Have you an adblocker or something that is stopping/deleting cookies? Like clearing your internet history?

Cookies can also have an expiry date and will log you out after a certain time.

Have you an adblocker or something that is stopping/deleting cookies? Like clearing your internet history?

Cookies can also have an expiry date and will log you out after a certain time.

I haven't an adblocker but the other day my phone deleted my internet history (honest) and even now it it's not coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Reindeer antlers on cars in November.

Drivers that are completely oblivious to other road users and mosey along like fcuking pr1ck assed cnuts.

People with bollox excuses, ignorance is no defence.

A bad cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Reindeer antlers on cars in November.

Tell me this isn't true..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Colser wrote: »
    Tell me this isn't true..

Uh huh.

It's taking the piss. I also saw a woman with a christmas jumper on yesterday.

I just dont get it, I really love Christmas.....but in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Baby on board stickers plastered to the back window of a car, and a driver with their phone held to their ear up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Uh huh.

It's taking the piss. I also saw a woman with a christmas jumper on yesterday.

I just dont get it, I really love Christmas.....but in December.

I am going to start wearing my 'Birthday Boy' badge 2 months before my birthday. See if that gets me more presents.
    Or just gets me a kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Kids cartoons where the characters have mobile phones that frequently ring, making me think "Who's phone is ringing?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

This weird new Trumpian era where - in the eyes of arseholes - not being an arsehole makes you a "snowflake".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I Get into a taxi, the driver has no map,no smartphone ,
    the driver does,nt know where the adress is located ,
    i,m looking for a large estate in dublin 15
    A professional taxi driver can,t afford to buy a map of dublin.WTF ?
    i use google maps on my phone to direct him to the estate .
    I Feel as if i ,m in one of those hidden camera shows ,
    how far can you push the customer before he loses his temper.
    I think he was someone who was renting a cab .
    IF you work as a driver full time buy a map or buy a smartphone with
    google maps on it.
    don,t expect the passenger to act as a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Boss texting on a Sunday night about work. I already dread Monday with him infringing on my weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

The helplessness of Catchy tunes and Mr. Cian Twomey! Thanks to him (her?!) lol, I now by default have All I Want For Christmas Is You locked into my brain until feicing January probably. :rolleyes::o Am whistling it here like my life depended on it! :o:D I might as well go the whole nine yards now and stick on some Band Aid for a wee listen! :eek::eek::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Forgot to put phone on silent and a work whatsapp nearly took the senses out of me just as I was drifting off :(
    So much for an early night!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I already heard Fairytale of New York on an online radio station earlier today.

• Advertisement

Why is every ad on Boards for dyslexia?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement