Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Why is every ad on Boards for dyslexia?
    It must be a topic of great relevance to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Sports companies came up with breathable clothing some time ago. Nice idea for t-shirts/training tops I believe but it's taking the mick when they now charge €65 for t-shirt/short sleeve training top.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Vodafone texting me at 5.01am this morning telling me that my new price plan is active, and I have so many minutes/data blah blah blah.

5.01am. Cheers Vodafone.

Also a special shout out to Vodafone U.K. (my work mobile is a U.K. number), who've been texting me every 2 weeks for the last 4 1/2 years telling me that I am roaming, with the texts arriving at random times between the hours of 2am right through to 1am (1am-2am is the only hour I've yet to receive their text). cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Don't adverts be tailored to your own search history?

Annoyed at how a class I needed today has been cancelled.
    Out of the tutors hands etc but feel like it will be a wasted day!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Christmas ads all over the tv ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that the Trump style of single word sentences seems to be taking root in the rest of the population. Bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

longshanks wrote: »
    Baby on board stickers plastered to the back window of a car, and a driver with their phone held to their ear up front.

Saw a guy on the M50 yesterday, tearing up the "fast" lane at way more than the actual speed limit, mobile phone at his ear and a small child (maybe 4/5) unbelted in the passenger seat.
    Passed too fast for me to get the number plate. What a douchebag!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

RayM wrote: »
    This weird new Trumpian era where - in the eyes of arseholes - not being an arsehole makes you a "snowflake".

Saves so much time when reading Boards though. "Snowflake" is usually in the first or second sentence so you know early on that you needn't read the rest of the inane ramblings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Adverts dubbed into an Irish - usually Dub - accent.

FFS either make our own or quit it, it looks f**king embarassing!!

And the car make Peugeot is pronounced PER JOH.

Not PYOO JOH.

Honestly!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

The ads are targeted based on your search history.
    So either you or someone using your computer has been researching dyslexia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

That fúckin bint that was one the Late Late on Friday (actually the both of them were bints). Honey G getting through to annoy me for another week, and her comment about how her performance will be sick - just fúcking die would you :mad: The woman makes me twitch with anger. Why couldn't she die instead of Leonard Cohen? Gogglebox - was there ever a more ridiculous, mindless fúcking concept for a TV show than plebs watching other plebs watch the telly?

ONW will stay away from the tv next weekend :rolleyes:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That fúckin bint that was one the Late Late on Friday (actually the both of them were bints). Honey G getting through to annoy me for another week, and her comment about how her performance will be sick - just fúcking die would you :mad: The woman makes me twitch with anger. Why couldn't she die instead of Leonard Cohen? Gogglebox - was there ever a more ridiculous, mindless fúcking concept for a TV show than plebs watching other plebs watch the telly?

You think the Grim Reaper wants her ???!!!

Not a massive fan of the X Factor but it's like a 12 car pile up on the M50, you don't WANT to look but there's a sort of morbid curiosity you can't explain.

This week I'm told it's songs from films ? Tenner says the deluded halfwit does Eminem's Lose Yourself.

And don't get me started on fkucing Gogglebox - which idiot thought that one up ??!!

You think the Grim Reaper wants her ???!!!

Not a massive fan of the X Factor but it's like a 12 car pile up on the M50, you don't WANT to look but there's a sort of morbid curiosity you can't explain.

This week I'm told it's songs from films ? Tenner says the deluded halfwit does Eminem's Lose Yourself.

And don't get me started on fkucing Gogglebox - which idiot thought that one up ??!!

I have anticipatory TA now! :mad: Why does she not talk like a normal person? Why does she have to do the fúcking "rapper" gestures as she talks? I'd love to remove all the bells and whistles, the lights and dancers and backing track and just see what she is like with just her and the microphone. As for her nose? Urgh...... She has a face I want to slap.

Someone I work with (who wouldn't be the sharpest tool in the box) last week said to me, "oh did you see that such and such from gogglebox is on I'm a celebrity" or something - I just shot her a withering look. I mean, what the fúck??? Would ya ever GET.A.LIFE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Speaking of Gogglebox. I would rather eat my spleen than watch, "I'm a third rate hasbeen that needs publicity get me out of here" but Scarlett Moffat? Seen her name as being in it and surprise surprise I hadn't a clue who she is/was.... A "star" of Gogglebox. It has produced stars? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Those fecking "The joy of giving ads" on the radio. What the hell is "the joy of giving"? It's as if they are trying to be PC and not say "giving Christmas presents".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

That James Corden ad with all the green lights.

James Corden driving round singing with passengers.

James Corden in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

No crisps in the vending machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jesus! Trivial annoyances, trivial!

osarusan wrote: »
    That James Corden ad with all the green lights.

James Corden driving round singing with passengers.

James Corden in general.

He was good in Doctor Who but only cos it seemed like a Cyberman was gonna t**t him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I know the world has gone into meltdown over Donald and he has literally broken the internet but I have just one wish. Donald, stop saying everything twice, just stop saying it twice Donald.

• Advertisement

I know the world has gone into meltdown over Donald and he has literally broken the internet but I have just one wish. Donald, stop saying everything twice, just stop saying it twice Donald.

I wonder if Trump's election and the recent double posting problem on boards are related?

I wonder if Trump's election and the recent double posting problem on boards are related?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Winterlong wrote: »

We see what you did there Donald :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's more true if you say it twice. It is. Believe me.

In the kitchen at work earlier and someone comes in, takes some kitchen roll, blows his nose, throws the kitchen role in the bin and walks out again. What annoyed me was not so much what he did (if he'd been in the kitchen already perhaps it would have been acceptable on some level) but the absolute futility of doing that when he could have walked into the bathroom which is just next door, and done the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

In the kitchen at work earlier and someone comes in, takes some kitchen roll, blows his nose, throws the kitchen role in the bin and walks out again. What annoyed me was not so much what he did (if he'd been in the kitchen already perhaps it would have been acceptable on some level) but the absolute futility of doing that when he could have walked into the bathroom which is just next door, and done the same.
    Could be worse. I deal with a few who just block a nostril with a finger and blow expelling the bogie from the free one onto the ground. They then run their shoe over it smearing the snot to shoe and ground. Lovely cultured sophisticated people. NOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Got an email from Aer Lingus to say they've cancelled my flight for next year (going on holiday) and they put me on a flight the following day.

I rang them to say that wasn't suitable as I'd booked accommodation and everything and by going the next day, I'd lose a day's holiday.

They casually said "Ok, we'll put you on an earlier flight the same day, so."

Well why not do that in the first place instead of throwing me on a flight 24 hours later?!

Hate the way they can just cancel flights without any consideration for the rest of your travel plans.

Can't tell if by accident or intended.

I really wish I had more kinds of tea. But I'm too lazy to walk and buy some.

'Irish lad records his mammy's reaction to a surprise visit home from Australia - and it is only hilarious'.

Yup, its that time of year again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

People block booking meeting rooms in work for several hours, yet when you walk past sometime during that time the room is empty. It just takes seconds to cancel or amend a booking, and it's so inconsiderate to just not use a booking and make others have their meetings in the canteen cos there's nothing else free.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement