Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Travel agent told me API is no longer required for flights yet Aer Lingus says it is.
    Get your heads together and agree which it is, will you?

I pulled out the drawer under my bed and the fking thing dropped on my fingers. The pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    Closest the moons been to earth since 1948. Do you think there would have been a clear sky to see it?

Would there fcuk.

Same every year when there's an event like the leonids.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

RTE player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Closest the moons been to earth since 1948. Do you think there would have been a clear sky to see it?

Would there fcuk.
    Clear skies here in Utah, you didn't miss anything, looked just like any other full moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

road fckn works e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e... :'mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Main Irish media/people going into hysterics over trumps win, He won, he president, get over it, it's embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I got an Argos Christmas catalogue. I see a DJI Phantom 4 in it, go onto the website and there is no sign of it. It's not with the other drones and it doesn't come up when you put in the catalogue number. Very TA.

Niche issue alert.

Get into the car. Turn it on and the first three words,"what an arsehole!"

What is wrong with that waffling individual on Lyric FM on weekday mornings? He goes on, and on, and on - and the music is off until it comes on between the monologues with country and western, Phil Collins and the like. Lyric FM playing that shíte! I thought it was established to be different, to play classical and world music, niche stuff that other stations don't do. A refuge from it all.

From the worlds of music opened up by Lyric on an evening, to the morning time with this guy waffling just like those people on all the other stations who like the sound of their own voice. Can we not have a single radio station in Ireland that is allowed to be different? Mornings used to be calm and serene driving into work. Just lovely, and you'd always come across some artist that you never heard of (they talked so little they mightn't tell you the name but you could check it on the online playlist later on, which I regularly did). But this? Please, Lyric FM, have a bit of sense of your station's distinctiveness and what it used to offer in the mornings (and still does brilliantly on a Sunday morning)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

So much work to do, finding it hard to know where to start!!

Of course, boards.ie is always the first place... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

So much sugar in foods. I got a hot chocolate in Costa, it was sickly sweet. A few days later in a local cafe, the same. I make mine with just cocoa powder and milk. If I wanted sugar I'd add it myself. Yuk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

whiskeyman wrote: »
    So much work to do, finding it hard to know where to start!!

Of course, boards.ie is always the first place... :pac:

I'm the same and I feel a bit sickly today too.

madmaggie wrote: »
    So much sugar in foods. I got a hot chocolate in Costa, it was sickly sweet. A few days later in a local cafe, the same. I make mine with just cocoa powder and milk. If I wanted sugar I'd add it myself. Yuk.

Cocoa and hot chocolate are different? I used to work in a cafe and we just had hot chocolate which was warmed up with the milk. Cocoa powder is more bitter and hot chocolate is sweeter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Inflation at the local florist.
    The '€20' bunch of flowers that I have been buying for years has just gotten a lot smaller due to 'deh inflation'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Would there fcuk.

Just look at all the so obviously photoshopped photos on FB, and you can see a moon that is F**KING HUGE and looks lovely.

My blanket doesn't reach my feet. My feet are cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I threw out some goodies that were in the back of the food press a while ago when I was on my healthy high horse and feeling all good about myself.

How I wish I had those chocco treats in the press now :(

Damn stupid healthy me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Someone I know is having trouble with their landlord who's trying to illegally evict them. I gave them some advice and sent some links with info, they had enough time to try and prevent this from happening. Do you think they would ever bother their arse to actually read through the information and do something?! No, apparently constantly complaining about it to other people is going to make the problem go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Throwing ATM slips to one side or on the ground. Either opt not to get one or take it and look at it and put it in the box in or a bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Signing birthday cards or any card of that same type of paper. As a left handed I am yet to write a message on this paper and not end up smudging it as my hand follows the pen. Infuriating how we can put people on the moon but can't help the plight of the leftie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Standing aside to let someone else walk by and not a thanks or anything out of them, REALLY annoys me!!

Same to be said when getting off the train/luas, people barging in first without letting people off. C****

• Advertisement

Insomnia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I haven't been on here in months and it took me ages to catch up. Very TA.

Also, I'm off work sick for 3 days because I have no voice. It's more work for me to be off work than it is to go in. And for someone who talks non stop, it's hard to keep my mouth shut and rest my voice. I can't wait until it's back and I'll just talk all day long to anyone who will listen.

You think you have loads of toilet paper left but it's just the annoying tromp l'oeil of the final layers glued to the cardboard roll. If other people aren't annoyed by this there's something seriously wrong in the galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Cake Man

What's the deal with those stupid maths problems that go around Facebook? They might be like:

"If you can solve this, you're a genius!!!1!
    7+8+10/5-6+2/4x3 = ?

Surely without brackets, it makes no sense so you end up with people commenting totally different answers? Depending on where you add/divide/subtract/multiply, you're going to come up with a different result each time. These things are surely there for this exact reason, people think it's easy, they do it but then get a different answer to someone else which drums up a bit of debate - all to the delight of the page owner basking in the likes and comments for their company/product/service?

It's been raining non stop for about 12 hours now, and I can't get to the car without walking through puddles in my good school shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Cake Man wrote: »
    What's the deal with those stupid maths problems that go around Facebook? They might be like:

7+8+10/5-6+2/4x3 = ?

Surely without brackets, it makes no sense so you end up with people commenting totally different answers? Depending on where you add/divide/subtract/multiply, you're going to come up with a different result each time. These things are surely there for this exact reason, people think it's easy, they do it but then get a different answer to someone else which drums up a bit of debate - all to the delight of the page owner basking in the likes and comments for their company/product/service?

12.5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Cake Man wrote: »

7+8+10/5-6+2/4x3 = ?

BOMDAS

12.5 also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Signing birthday cards or any card of that same type of paper. As a left handed I am yet to write a message on this paper and not end up smudging it as my hand follows the pen. Infuriating how we can put people on the moon but can't help the plight of the leftie

Fellow citog here and I hear ya!!!

Lost count of the number of head slaps I got for rubbing off what I'd just written on the board with chalk!!

Plus the nuns wouldn't let me play Our Lady in the Nativity cos of it - seriously!!!

1976 like but still pi**es me off!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Standing aside to let someone else walk by and not a thanks or anything out of them, REALLY annoys me!!

Same to be said when getting off the train/luas, people barging in first without letting people off. C****

The word is THANKYOU!!!!

Love shouting this at ignorant people!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

kfallon wrote: »
    I start to worry about me flute shrivelling up when I hear about it getting colder and I hate when I can't tuck it into me sock....... :pac:

TA'd no football on the box tonight ffs

Where did you get the long socks.? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement