Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Snow is not sticking.
    Stick damnit...stick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

These days whenever the weather has any bit of rain peoples' sense of personal entitlement seems to mushroom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Re Rain:

Holding an umbrella in front of you like a jousting sword - and then getting p**sed off when someone slaps it away rather than be ran through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Insomnia

Only three sleeps until Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The 'CURIOSITY' Advert on YouTube.....waffling on with a line of individuals walking in a circle. I clicked it.....this bullshtt hipster scientist waffles on....ok this must be the blurb....so I'll SKIP...then the same nooch goes on about 'I seem to have piqued your curiosity.'

...No you have'nt buddy...just wasted about 40 seconds of my life...as I close the browser window and go back to the original YouTube vid I wanted to watch.

Oh wait, that's the other TA.... YouTube adverts continue to be really badly targeted for me for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That new Peugeot advert, where they call their 2008 car the "2 thousand 8' instead of 2 thousand and 8.

We aren't in America.

Maybe they are listening to Joe Duffy.

NIMAN wrote: »
    That new Peugeot advert, where they call their 2008 car the "2 thousand 8' instead of 2 thousand and 8.

We aren't in America.

Maybe they are listening to Joe Duffy.

And it's PERJOH, not PYOOJOH.

Gets right on me last nerve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Signing birthday cards or any card of that same type of paper. As a left handed I am yet to write a message on this paper and not end up smudging it as my hand follows the pen. Infuriating how we can put people on the moon but can't help the plight of the leftie
    Just learn to write your signature right to left. ;)
    And it's PERJOH, not PYOOJOH.

Gets right on me last nerve that.
    And on that note, it is not pronounced 'High Un Die'.

mikhail wrote: »
    Just learn to write your signature right to left. ;)

And on that note, it is not pronounced 'High Un Die'.

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I need the loo but Im expecting visitors any minute. I'll say no more. You know my predicament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

fussyonion wrote: »
    I need the loo but Im expecting visitors any minute. I'll say no more. You know my predicament.

Same here, waiting on a courier

Having to suddenly jump up and down, wave, do the breast stroke, and wheel myself across the office to get the office lights to come on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had a voucher for Next so got myself a pair of skinny jeans. Was only wearing them 10 minutes or so and they started to gradually get looser fitting. FFS, Penneys ones are better at less than half the price!

The Sky box keeps dropping whole series links, random episodes of series, or only part recording some episodes and all for no good reason:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Silly hat season is here again!

On that note, there seems to be an abundance of Wally from "Where is Wally" wannabes around. Silly woolly hat and black heavy frame glasses....anyone else notice this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Silly hat season is here again!

On that note, there seems to be an abundance of Wally from "Where is Wally" wannabes around. Silly woolly hat and black heavy frame glasses....anyone else notice this?

Have bushy beards been replaced by striped woolly hats and Louis Theroux specs?

I am so behind in what is hipster fashion and what is not. TA at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Having to suddenly jump up and down, wave, do the breast stroke, and wheel myself across the office to get the office lights to come on again.

That's what you get for falling asleep & having motion sensored lights
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Same here, waiting on a courier

FFS, courier rang me yesterday, wouldn't deliver to work as not in his patch.

Decided to work from home today so I could meet him. He gives it to the courier who covers my work area. get a ring from courier saying he'll drop it into work, but they don't accept personal deliveries.

Will have to wait until tomorrow now & God knows what delivery route it could be taken on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,378 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

TA'd that today feels like a Friday for some reason!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

In a filter lane waiting to turn into a premises today, traffic is coming up so I wait, then a car comes out of said entrance covering both the in and out at an angle, cars coming up from her right side on the main road, but she's not looking she's reading something, then she's slowly out over the footpath then over the cycle lane still not looking at traffic so it's swerving around her, and she's still slowly coming out then the cars can't pass cause I'm in the filter lane watching the action,
    Finally someone blows their horn and she looks up and sudden realisation of where she is, in the middle of the road blocking the traffic on the main road, then tore off never even looked left to see if there was cars coming from behind me, Very odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I was dark when I left for school and when I finished school

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I was dark when I left for school and when I finished school

Are you a black guy? If so, that's pretty normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Seeing people stuck in a yellow box on a red light (or trying to move with nowhere to go) and the Luas honking the horn at them.

If you dont know the rules of the road don't be driving.

It makes me laugh more than makes me angry tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

If you know the rules of the road don't be driving.
    Wait, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Going to a table quiz shortly. Was only asked at 3.30 today. Just discovered I've only €9.85 on me. Must do a17 mile round trip now to get to an atm before 9.00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Omackeral wrote: »
    Are you a black guy? If so, that's pretty normal.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Being hungry but looking around the cupboards and nothing appeals to me!
    Cup of tea it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It's fúcking baltic out, head and hands are frozen.

Off to the shower to defrost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

rang a few of my fam this eve. none answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Excitedly logging into Tinder and realizing the handful of Notifications on my Phone's screen, were stoopid-ar$e-biscuit-face crappy Vodafone Shyte New Start notifications, and not new Tinder matches!! :o:o :pac: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Crackers that are so thin they break up when you try to spread anything on them.
    When a plastic tub on the top rack of the dishwasher moves position so that it ends up full of dirty water. This then sloshes over the bottom rack when I pull out the top rack to empty it.
    Tesco kids lunchbox apples have been the most delicious crunchy and juicy apples for the last few weeks. They have changed the variety back to Gala and 4yr old took one bite, spat it out and said it was soft and horrible. I was onto a good thing there for awhile :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

No no Mr SUV driver, I did not leave that space between myself and the car in front so that you could swerve into it without notice and almost take off my front bumper this morning! See that little stick beside the steering wheel? That's your f*cking indicator!!!

More than TA'd about this tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement