Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Having a small chapped area on my lip and only noticing when eating a salt and vinegar crisp. #owwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When I sleep on my left side, I always seem to drool and wake up with the pillow soaking sometimes.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,657 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The feature length article on RTE NEws.ie which is an advertisement.

It is marked as a promoted piece but it's format text size structure etc. all looks like a regular news article.

Losing my 112-day Duolingo streak because I got distracted having signed in at 11pm and didn't get back to it until after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Gaining weight. I've gone up two dress sizes in the last year and it's devastating me and I can't seem to lose it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

My landlady.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Boots 'vouchers' from the till that you have no use for every time you buy something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Kadser

When the foreign staff in Starbucks expect you to speak international English.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kadser wrote: »
    When the foreign staff in Starbucks expect you to speak international English.

Kinda like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

STOOPID FCUKING BANKS. Wish there was a definite way of always knowing whether lodgements are going to he credited instantly or not. I know they make announcements and have Notices an odd time to let people know lodgements won't be updated until the next day and that is good to know. But sometimes lodgements are credited instantly, other times they aren't. I'm after lodging money to do something online, it didn't credit so now I have to go to the Shop to do it and hand over more money for it after lodging effing money for it. So annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

Kadser wrote: »
    to speak international English.

People who come in to watch the news, hear the headline and can't resist going "oh my God blah blah blah" (yes, it was about the sociopaths Trump has just appointed) so you don't get to hear what the actual news is. Some people seem like they'll explode unless they verbalise every little thought.

Please stfu, stop verbalising your thoughts and let us listen. Otherwise leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I like the new LED streetlights that they have started using, the problem is that they only install them when an old bulb goes. So now the street looks funny with one or two bright white lights and the rest yellow.

I've become much too polite recently. Instead of "what I say "sorry" and instead of "sorry" I say "apologies"
    What is happening to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

because I got distracted having signed in at 11pm and didn't get back to it until after midnight.

What if you manually set the date on your phone back, do what you need to then set your phone correct again?

I'm TA'd that I looked up DuoLingo and got all excited about it but the language I want to learn isn't available yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Didas

The RTE player and it's shameless pushing of ads. Four before the show starts, skip ahead to the part I want and it's another four ads. Then it freezes, forcing me to refresh the page and The ads start all over again. Jokeshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Absolutely exhausted from working all the time and can't enjoy a few bevvies to relax. I need a holiday after the busy season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Having to go out to GAA practice in this cold is more than a TA. Birrrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Super market bag packers.

The snot nosed, apatheric teenager type who see no problem plonking a heavy bag of spuds onto a tray of eggs.....then want your change in their bucket for the pleasure.

HakunaMcFcukit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I know the season is getting colder but play nice weather and don't fcuk around with my mucus.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Perfume ads. They all drag on like pretentious films that have nothing to do with perfume apart from a quick glance at the bottle at the end of the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

those ''easy open'' food packets that arent ****ing easy at all. the ones you peel back, the top separates from the rest of the packaging and....no open.

Absolutely freezing outside tonight. Car was frozen over. God knows what it's going to do to poor people on our streets once again this winter. I'll never forget the interview a few years ago with an old man sleeping rough and he said he just wanted to die on the streets. Or the 18-year-old kids giving up their place in the hostel to allow younger kids have a place. To see living, breathing human beings sleeping on our streets on nights like this is incredible, yet incredibly consistent.

Latest available statistics for Dublin. They are only going one way, and it isn't down:

There were 4,006 adults accommodated in emergency accommodation during the third quarter of 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Robsweezie wrote: »
    those ''easy open'' food packets that arent ****ing easy at all. the ones you peel back, the top separates from the rest of the packaging and....no open.

This wins the thread. Bravo sir. Bravo.

The Social & Personal section in The Irish Times still announcing engagements every Saturday. In this era of electronic communication, other than abject pomposity from Hyacinth Bucket types, what is the point?

Likewise with those two pompous articles who write a column about all sorts of z-listers who appeared at some z-list event or the nobodies who want to have their wedding photo in The Irish Times. It's like a provincial newspaper in 1975 announcing with a photo that the daughter of the local big farmer got a cert in some educational establishment.

On the Oral B ad, where your one says "more cleaner" and "more healthy"
    Does my head in.

My favourite daily vlogger is stopping his daily vlogs. I am sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It really irks me when people say "I can't wait until 2016 is over, it's been such a bad year (usually due to celebrity deaths)."

Im not sure if I'm more irritated or envious of people who think like this about time, as if it were a bad pint or something, like time is compartmentalized into packets and after you've finished a bad one there's no reason to think the next one will be the same.

What sort of wonderful lives are they living that they got this impression? Also irritating that if you point the above out to anyone you're a pessimist.

That the 'Photos' app on this Android phone does not have a facial recognition facility due to data protection concerns - and there I was for ages looking for the relevant facility.

I'm not exactly sure whose data protection rights are being infringed by arranging photos you've taken on your own phone by facial recognition - e.g. having your screensaver as a series of photos of a little cute rogueen. Or indeed how Picasa, which is also owned by Google, can continue to have its face recognition feature working in Ireland (according to this Google Photos has replaced Picasa, but Picasa is still downloadable in Ireland and facial recognition works).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Losing your car in a multistory car park. And not knowing the registration of the car so cant look it up in the car finder thingymebob.

30 mins of my life that I will never get back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement