Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Labour charges at your friendly local garage. Took my car in to get a slight bit of wing damage repaired (saucer sized dent, and a slight scrape). Just over €500 to repair it (done a good job on it, to be fair), but €330 of that bill was labour. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Engrossed in reading a regional thread, then realise it's 7yrs old and has been bumped up as someone posted in it a few weeks back.

When I am browsing Boards, but not logged in on my phone I can see user's avatars, but never when I am logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Hangovers

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nettles. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just after seeing my first Santa-hat wearing person.

Was high on the TA level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I meant to get my haircut this weekend, I went to town today and forgot. Now I'm gonna be TA'd by my fringe for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I meant to get my haircut this weekend, I went to town today and forgot. Now I'm gonna be TA'd by my fringe for the week.
    This has reminded me that Americans refer to a fringe as "bangs". That annoys me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

People who rewind live TV on Sky, don't know why but it REALLY annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Saw a car with the stupid reindeer antlers and nose yesterday ughhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I keep my bins near my front door (because I'm in a terraced house). I put the bins out, and often, my neighbour brings them in. Nice. Community spirit and that.

The other day, I came home from work and the bins were in the wrong order. There was no bin drop in the time so why were they moved?

WHY?

WHY?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

People who breath heavily through their noses while eating. munch munch munch hhhhhffffffffffffhhhffff munch munch munch hfhfhfhhhhfffffffffff..

Urge to kill, rising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

awake since 4, grand loads of time to go back to sleep I thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

TA'd at people who don't like Monday mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA'd at people who like Monday's. I am like yer man in Snickers ad I am not me until I get my coffee.

Can't be dealing with Happy-clappy Monday folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA'd at people who like Monday's. I am like yer man in Snickers ad I am not me until I get my coffee.

Can't be dealing with Happy-clappy Monday folks.

I cant be dealing with happy clappy morning folks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

People who rewind live TV on Sky, don't know why but it REALLY annoys me

Sorry!

It's partly because half the time I've nodded off and missed something, or just the novelty that I can!

I grew up when the Betamax/VHS was was a thing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Winterlong wrote: »
    I cant be dealing with happy clappy morning folks.

I can't be dealing with happy clappy folks full stop.

That's why I post here. You're my peeps.

(Someone accused me of always being cheerful last week. I nearly decked them).

maudgonner wrote: »
    I can't be dealing with happy clappy folks full stop.

That's why I post here. You're my peeps.

That's quite the insult :(. Perpetually cheery and upbeat people are not natural, they unnerve me.

I have to go food shopping. I don't want to. But the cupboards are bare and we gotta eat:(. Food shopping will involve going to two supermarkets as I can't get everything that is needed in just one. Somebody shoot me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Had to ring our IT Support line to get an update on my PC.

You can arrange a call back so you don't have to sit there on hold until the next operator is available. Put in all my details and set up a call back in between 8-13 minutes.

10 minutes later, I get the call back.....get placed on hold for 7 minutes :rolleyes:

What was the fúcking point of that??? :mad:

I fúcking hate this day so much and it's only 10.23am

maudgonner wrote: »

"Fúck off you cúnt" is the appropriate response here......

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    "Fúck off you cúnt" is the appropriate response here......

They should have put that in the Proclamation!

They should have put that in the Proclamation!

"Fúck off you British Cúnt".....nothing else needed than that tbh!

TA'd that it's quite cold in the office today, I think our Air Con system was made in Australia, seems to be off in our summer and on in Winter :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Went to pick up my eye drops in the pharmacy. Went back to the car and some twat had abandoned his/her car right up to my door. If I was anorexic I wouldn't have got in. Got in the passenger door, pushed it back and manoeuvred it to get it the right way in a tiny one-way car park. :mad:

The weather app says right now it is partly sunny. No it fcukin isn't, it's windy, black clouds and starting to rain again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

This Dublin southside shopping mall, which straddles areas 'posh' to 'poor' already has about 40% of its space taken up by cafés of one type or another. Most if not all of them are chains.

................now yet another café has been set up inside the mall (chain)

wtf?

how long do they want to last? Personally, I'll not visit that particular chain again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I like this thread and I don't mind people getting things off their chest.
    Its the people you meet who are constantly whining about everything and everyone - I get TAd if I'm stuck listening to them.
    They have to be regarded as a type of health hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Trying to get out of a shop where you have to go through the cashier lanes. The empty ones are gated and you have to squeeze past people in the open ones. I'm looking at you Woodies and Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

73Cat wrote: »
    The weather app says right now it is partly sunny. No it fcukin isn't, it's windy, black clouds and starting to rain again.

That weather app and all weather apps are too happy clappy. Shower of b******s the lot of them

It's Monday FFS

Two canteens here and BOTH are fcking halal!!

Can we have one for tasty food and one where an incestuous paedophile told you to make cows suffer ????

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Had 2young cattle die on me over the weekend due to pneumonia. Took them into the local knackery this morning. Had them just unloaded when who lands in only the town gossip. I couldn't get away from him. The questions and advice was flowing. One thing for sure he'll have half the parish told this evening. The wife is as bad. Of course by then it'll have grown legs and half my herd has died from some new unknown disease.
    Just feck off mind your own business and keep your mouth shut.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement