Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Why is RTE starting its news tonight with trump ? wtf .Its Irish news I want to here now and first. He ****in won get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Seeing a girl on her phone with an L plate on the car and a kid in the back seat driving to the right side of a roundabout, (in an estate) probably does it everyday, it's grand.....till one day.:eek:

Also.

When your foot slips off a bike pedal, it spins around and cracks you right on the shin......OUCH:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When people post the same topic of thread, christ LOOK! at the forum for gods sake.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Didas

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Then you'll have the following.

"I don't know how anyone can do that to a family"
    "He/she was very selfish"
    "The cowards way out"

In my experience, limited as it is. The people who do this don't see any other way out, they are usually of the impression that it really is the best thing. They weren't cowards or selfish, but deeply troubled people with mental health issues which may or may not have been obvious.

Absolutely agree with you, but miserable old busybodies like this don't care about the intricate nature of mental health or, what families affected are going through, they just want some bull**** gossip to spout to the neighbours after Mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I had to get a wash and blow-dry today and hadn't time to go to my regular hairdresser..22e and I swear it's shocking,didn't even use straighteners .I was walking down the stairs just now and I look like I've a cows lick when I see my shadow on the wall.I'd say it will be worse in the morning.FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Doesn't matter how hard I try, how careful I am, how deep I concentrate, arm as steady as a rock, tongue sticking out a bit over my lip, slow, slowly does it,

Fook it.

Can never open a new milk carton without it going everywhere.

Has to be just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Bed head in the morning to go with the cows lick....such a trendsetter Colser:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Doesn't matter how hard I try, how careful I am, how deep I concentrate, arm as steady as a rock, tongue sticking out a bit over my lip, slow, slowly does it, Fook it. Can never open a new milk carton without it going everywhere. Has to be just me.

Not quite...

Much as I'm enjoying Duolingo German, the speaking bit is getting on my titzen. It mustn't recognise my accent and tells me I'm wrong. Also I can't do an umlaut on my phone so it tells me the spelling is wrong. Correcting me on my German... Grammar Nazi! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

selous wrote:
    Bed head in the morning to go with the cows lick....such a trendsetter Colser

Says the cyclist..don't start me Selous..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Just read an article about how climate change means polar bears and grizzly bears are mating now, which they never normally would. This means there are crossbreed bears being born.

All very sad, what are we doing to the world, etc etc. BUT the thing that trivially annoys me is that there is a choice of terminology for these crossbreeds - Grolar Bears or...Pizzly Bears.

Who in their right minds would call them Pizzly Bears? The poor animals will go extinct out of pure shame!

Grolar Bears: magnificent, fierce beasts who roam the wilderness and could tear you to pieces with their claws.
    Pizzly Bears: look at them the wrong way and they'll go crying to their mammies.

The bears need to stand up for themselves and fight back on this issue. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Fell asleep doing German homework around 6, now I have a messed up body clock and no homework done.

It's not a "beautiful space", it's a nice room. Your bathroom is not a "sacred space", it's the bog.

Oh, and dreamcatchers aren't a powerful Native American spiritual symbol, they're the equivalent of a cot mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Stepping in sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I've been given four days to move out of my apartment for weeks so they can do renovations. Every last half empty shampoo bottle, small spoon and torn underwear has to be packed up and kept in storage while I stay in temporary accommodation. I'm awake at 3 am wondering how I will manage it all, keep sane and not get fired from work for such short notice on absence. It's going to be a tough one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Buying 7 bananas on Monday. Going to get a banana today. Have no bananas left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

TA'd I was hounded to give money to a collection for somebody who is leaving the company. I have never talked to them, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Having boiled eggs, the shell would not come off them without taking half of the insides :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Street collector: "can you spare a little for SVP please?"

Smug bastard "No!"

Street collector "Ok, thanks, you miserable cock sucker"

Now that would make a good advert.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Thinking "ah go on why not get the lounge access at the airport. Can make up the 20 quid in free drink easy!"

Buys entry, tiny little Terms and Conditions (didn't see em before) "two alcoholic drinks per person".

Ya rat bastards!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There has been a woeful case of manflu in this house that is in its third week. I felt myself starting to come down with something last Friday so got right on it with Benylin day and night tablets. Felt like I had nipped it in the bud by Sunday, but today I feel like crap after finishing the course of tablets yesterday. Bunged up, can't smell or taste and bloody shattered :(

• Advertisement

73Cat wrote: »
    There has been a woeful case of manflu in this house that is in its third week. I felt myself starting to come down with something last Friday so got right on it with Benylin day and night tablets. Felt like I had nipped it in the bud by Sunday, but today I feel like crap after finishing the course of tablets yesterday. Bunged up, can't smell or taste and bloody shattered :(

More Benylin, stat! Feel better soon :)

My TA: People with a stick lodged firmly up their butts and a chip in residence on both their shoulders. Life's too short to be dealing with them, energy vampires that they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Found: Specimen A, large black bodied spider in suspect's sleeping area. With deft skill and unbelievable swiftness Specimen A was removed to the outer quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Just spent the last hour watching the news and nationwide. Had nodded off earlier after tea. Just looked at the clock and its nearly 8.30. Was watching RTE+1. FECK. I have an hours work ahead of me feeding cattle and here i am watching tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

biscuit crumbs all over the place

how i can never not stain my duvet when eating in bed.

having to lie down in a certain direction so your phone can charge as its not long enough to reach otherwise.

eight pieces of cereal left in the box

spanners thrown in the works of plans you were looking forward to

the one time you dont reserve your item in argos (assuming it wont be taken) and its not there when you go to get it.

making plans to get **** done but tiredness takes over

stubborn spots that swell up on your face

accidently deleting an important file

people who think bounty bars taste good and can compete in any way with other chocolate

excessive noise when you want/need silence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I'm seriously forgetful this evening. I got chips in the deli at 4, put them in my jacket pocket and forgot about them. Just found them there. All cold. I only found them because I went downstairs to get my glasses, and it was after I went down and did nothing before coming back up and realising I had forgotten to get my glasses.

The worst part is that I had no idea where they were and had convinced myself that I had eaten them. The chips that is, not my glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Sports shows on the radio "replaying" goals / tries / scores as part of the build up to another match.

I can understand possibly using it in an on the hour news bulletin (but only when its very fresh or big news) but using it in the build up for a match is just filler BS. Its NOT the same as watching it on tv, I am never going to turn up the radio to hear another replay of that push over try by O'Brien or in off the shin goal by Costa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

My mum has started the "what do you want for Christmas" annual campaign.
    The inevitable ending is her sending me a cheque for €50 and I end up buying and wrapping the present myself. It would be lovely if just once she would go shopping and think about what I might like...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Every bloody advert using a Queen song.

I adored Freddie and the man was a musical genius but does Brian May have to whore out every piece of his creativity for furniture and fking nappy adverts ?!!!

STOP IT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I hate the song Bohemian rhapsody.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

Just finished heating up porridge in the microwave.
    Perfect, just the thing for a cold winter morning.
    Bing!
    Open door expecting to be greeted by steaming bowl of oatey goodness.
    Nope.
    Had forgotten to put bowl in microwave.

Idiot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement