Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

+1 TA'd with the rain in Cork today particularly. It is PERMAWINTER!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Also TA'd that Irish Water are working:pac: all night outside my house for the next 3 nights..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd that once again, the day I need to use the Luas to get to the train station, there is a strike on!

Fúck. Those. Cúnts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My hair, which I washed today, is too fresh and bouncy and I don't know if it's static or what but every fcuking minute a strand of hair keeps tickling my face or getting in my mouth.
    I very nearly grabbed my hair in a bunch and ripped it out in temper, such is my mood.
    I said to my other half "Jesus, at least dirty hair doesn't do annoying things!!" and he just inched away from me, such is his right.

Everything keeps dropping out of my hand today too.
    Drying some cutlery and a spoon fell on the floor FOUR TIMES.
    I threatened the spoon loudly by telling it I would "...break your neck in a minute you fcuking prick!", but I didn't realise the window was open and so my neighbours most likely think I'm about to have a domestic with my other half.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Flushing the toilet after urinating, what a waste my next water bill will be huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

I'm running Firefox on my laptop and don't have the Adobe flash video player addon. It is one PITA I can no longer be bothered with. Reason being all to frequent updates, nag screens etc.etc.

I can watch video on Youtube, facebook, vimeo, etc etc. Most of the internet supports video on this browser. But there are still sites that insist that I install flash.

The two principal offenders are bbc and tvnz. Being a bit of a current affairs and news junkie I get very annoyed and decide that I'll get my news (propaganda) elsewhere.

I would encourage others to do the same and as publicly as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jaqen Hghar

Pac1Man wrote: »
    A girl has a hunger. A girl does not eat for a day and night. A man could get lucky.

Edit: TA that a man forgets to add a TA in his post. A man pleads forgiveness, to the old gods and the new.

No spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jaqen Hghar

K.Flyer wrote: »
    First post on this thread, but have rambled in snd out a few times, but have not read all the posts, so sorry if this already got a nention...

Why is there no way to "cancel" the floor selection in a lift (elevator)??
    I am sure that it has happened to quite few of you. You (or worse, someone else!) press the a floor selection, then realise that it's the wrong one and you are going further up (or down), then, after pressing the correct number, you have to put up with the delay of the lift stopping and doors opening and closing for nothing before you get to where you want to go.
    Why is there no way to cancel the floor selection in a lift??

I read somewhere that pressing the button twice (after the initial selection) will cancel it. I'm not sure how true it is but it's worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I read somewhere that pressing the button twice (after the initial selection) will cancel it. I'm not sure how true it is but it's worth a try.

Mod-24 hour thread ban for no TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

ken wrote: »
    Mod-24 hour thread ban for no TA.

Not wanting a ban myself, please explain. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Not wanting a ban myself, please explain. :)

There was no trivial annoyance in the post. So 24 hour thread ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

People who say things like "you're grand" when you ask them a question. They aren't responding to the question, they're trying to wave it away, it seems to me. Often, they're talking over me, so it's obvious they aren't listening. "That's fine, you're grand, you're grand, you're grand, fine."

Besides ... how do you know I'm grand? That's my choice, not yours. Don't try and tell me how to feel, thanks. If you have any actual regard for how I feel, then answer the freaking question I asked you! :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

ken wrote: »
    There was no trivial annoyance in the post. So 24 hour thread ban.

Ah here.

The arbitrariness of this trivially annoys me.

I'm going to start putting a disclaimer called "buses TA me" at the end of my posts and then I can say whatever the hell I want above.

Buses TA me. As do people who spend ages fishing for coins to pay their fair notwithstanding they have been at the stop for an age and therefore had plenty of time to get their shít together.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Fúcking idiots who say they are available for something and then a day later, "Oh I forgot I had something on that night!"

You thick fúcking cúnt! :mad: :mad:

People who don't take their stuff off the printer for ages so you have to sift through their paper when collecting your own.

People who tell me things they've already told me.

My mother has a habit of doing this.
    E.G: "I was talking to Rita the other day and she was telling me Lisa's going to England for a year to work..."
    Me: "Yeah you told me that."
    Mam: "Yeah and she was saying she's gotten a job at a hospital.."
    Me: "Yeah, you were saying..."
    She carries on telling me.
    Stop telling me if you've already told me!
    My reaction wont' be any different this time and you're just being tedious.

I've said this before but I'm saying it again because it keeps happening...people telling me about a dream they had.

"Oh wait til I tell you," they begin, "I had a mad dream last night..."
    And that's when I totally glaze over.
    I don't care. I honestly don't care. Your dream, no matter how wild and fantastical it was, was simply a DREAM.
    Nothing you tell me is going to amaze me or make me want to listen.

People showing you their holiday photos.
    Now, I will make an exception for family; I DO like to see pics from my parents' recent holiday because I like to see where they went and it's nice to see them in photos as they don't have many pics of themselves.
    BUT...other people showing me their pics.
    I have no patience.

fussyonion wrote: »
    People who tell me things they've already told me.

My mother has a habit of doing this.
    E.G: "I was talking to Rita the other day and she was telling me Lisa's going to England for a year to work..."
    Me: "Yeah you told me that."
    Mam: "Yeah and she was saying she's gotten a job at a hospital.."
    Me: "Yeah, you were saying..."
    She carries on telling me.
    Stop telling me if you've already told me!
    My reaction wont' be any different this time and you're just being tedious.

I've said this before but I'm saying it again because it keeps happening...people telling me about a dream they had.

"Oh wait til I tell you," they begin, "I had a mad dream last night..."
    And that's when I totally glaze over.
    I don't care. I honestly don't care. Your dream, no matter how wild and fantastical it was, was simply a DREAM.
    Nothing you tell me is going to amaze me or make me want to listen.

People showing you their holiday photos.
    Now, I will make an exception for family; I DO like to see pics from my parents' recent holiday because I like to see where they went and it's nice to see them in photos as they don't have many pics of themselves.
    BUT...other people showing me their pics.
    I have no patience.

Or when parents don't compare notes so you get the story once from each of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Flushing the toilet after urinating, what a waste my next water bill will be huge.

If it's yellow, let it mellow.
    If it's brown, flush it down!!

:pac:

TA that I got water on my seat in work and I've no idea why... and now I've a wet arse :(

And no, it's not related to the above post either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who don't take their stuff off the printer for ages so you have to sift through their paper when collecting your own.

People who print a 300 page document, and ignore it when the printer runs out of paper 5 pages in. You refill it and have to wait half an hour for your job to print.

I use the cancel button in those situations, I don't care whose document it is or how important. Got called out for it once and told them the printer automatically cancels all jobs that are stuck in the queue for 30 mins or more, in case 'the files are corrupt'. Worked like a charm :P

whiskeyman wrote: »
    If it's yellow, let it mellow.
    If it's brown, flush it down!!

:pac:

TA that I got water on my seat in work and I've no idea why... and now I've a wet arse :(

And no, it's not related to the above post either!!

Eugh this! I hate that (er mean I am TA by that). How in the hell can grown people, grown WOMEN get pee on the seat!? There is an excuse for men, they have to aim, but we remain seated for the entire performance how the heck does the toilet seat get wet?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

bnt wrote: »
    People who say things like "you're grand" when you ask them a question. They aren't responding to the question, they're trying to wave it away, it seems to me. Often, they're talking over me, so it's obvious they aren't listening. "That's fine, you're grand, you're grand, you're grand, fine."

Besides ... how do you know I'm grand? That's my choice, not yours. Don't try and tell me how to feel, thanks. If you have any actual regard for how I feel, then answer the freaking question I asked you! :rolleyes:

People who ask stupid questions that don't merit a decent answer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

All these prepubescent, angst ridden, broken hearted young fellas with guitars which appear to everywhere, X Factor, Face book, somewhere has talent etc etc, with the sort of hairstyle that requires scaffolding. Singing about how life is so unfair/girlfriend ran away with best buddy....what the fcuk could you possibly know about life, you are only fourteen ffs! Always with that annoying habit of slicing off the start or end of the word, with a semi broken voice! Aaaaaarrrrggghh.

I've trivially annoyed by how sore my legs are after my jog yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

selous wrote: »
    NCT centres, yep, only in Ireland..:D(potholes= everywhere) :D

Ahem! https://www.nct-heidelberg.de/forschung/nct-core-services/nct-trial-center.html

Today's trivial annoyance is (actually it's most days but I never think of mentioning it) the 3 phone ads with "Get Free 4G and All You Can Eat Data ".

Stop using this phrase! You don't eat the data, you use it! Shut up and I hate you!!

:)

TA'd that I want all the bad things for lunch but I'm trying to lose weight so, while my heart wants tiger bread sandwiches, Cuisine de France rolls with ham, a bag of chips drowned in salt and vinegar, King crisps and a Kinder Bueno, plus a Double Cheeseburger from McDonald's, my head (and my wallet!) dictates I shall have a tuna sandwich on wholegrain bread and a bowl of soup :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Eugh this! I hate that (er mean I am TA by that). How in the hell can grown people, grown WOMEN get pee on the seat!? There is an excuse for men, they have to aim, but we remain seated for the entire performance how the heck does the toilet seat get wet?!

maybe I should have clarified... it's my work seat (at my desk) that's wet! :pac:
    No idea why!

I know I spend a lot of my working time on the 'other' seat...

TA - Wires....wires everywhere! I thought we'd be living in a probably wireless world by now! All the talk of wireless / cloud etc..., but there seems to be even more wires cluttering my desk / home!

TA that I want to lose weight before my graduation but I also don't want to jinx myself by going on a graduation diet before my results are out. So I am in diet/results limbo. When I do get results and (hopefully) pass everything first time, there will be less than a month before graduation to lose the weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Walked so much yesterday I got a blister on the ball of my foot and it's f**king killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

And worse is the people who set a print job, and when it doesn't print (out of paper or some other reason) they just reset it for a different printer without cancelling the original order.

When the first printer finally comes back online, it starts printing stuff that they don't need any more.

That belongs in the Wanker Warning Signs thread really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

fussyonion wrote: »

Everything keeps dropping out of my hand today too.
    Drying some cutlery and a spoon fell on the floor FOUR TIMES.
    I threatened the spoon loudly by telling it I would "...break your neck in a minute you fcuking prick!", but I didn't realise the window was open and so my neighbours most likely think I'm about to have a domestic with my other half.

Haha, are you me? I had an argument with the washing machine the other day. Rubber seal thing doesn't always seal, so I thought I'd give out to it. Wife could hear me from the sitting room and came in and thought I was arguing with someone one the phone.
    I also give out to my laces, my radio, and the telly gets some awful treatment. There's bite barks in my playstation joy pad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement