Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

The washing detergent ads have this thing now at the end "Always keep away from children."

Maybe if ye didnt manufacture detergents in colourful sweet sized tab form kids might not be so attracted to them. Same goes for cleaning solutions. Lovely coloured bottles and liquids within. Only makes them more attractive. Dishwasher tablets are the same. Some look like they have a red Smartie in the middle of them.

In fairness though, even if they didn't look so enticing you'd still have to keep kids away from them. You know what kids are like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

"Black Friday all week"

Nidom wrote: »
    Clickbait.

"You'll never believe what people don't like about online articles...."

"Top 10 things people HATE about online articles"

"Millionaires want this video about how to avoid clickbait deleted, watch it now before it's too late"

I could say spending the past 26 hours on a trolley but, without giving succour to the sociopaths running this utterly chaotic mess that passes as A&E, I actually got my first good sleep in nearly two years there.

My ta is I think my health insurance policy which gives me a private room in a public hospital: the money woman in the hospital told me that this huge hospital has no private rooms. Then she said the "semi-private" rooms have 4 per room, the public rooms have 5 per room. So I'm in a public ward with no incentive to move. No wonder this government had to force me/everybody over 35 into taking out health insurance before May 2014. It's a joke, a handout to private corporations by us compliments of government policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Kinda like car insurance..

It's it's required by law, supplied by private companies for profit..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Alcohol helps me sleep, but also wakes me up early in the mornings...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

When other members of the house leave the caps on every bottle before throwing it in the green wheelie bin.

Now I can't squash it down because half the bin is full of air and in my hole do they think I'm doing anything about it as its -4 outside now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Neighbours left their puppy out. Poor wee mite is winning with sadness. I might have to feed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Absolutely DYING to go out for the last 3 weekends but nobody to go with and nothing on. And, of course! ALL of the things are on tonight and I don't feel like going out now! :/ :-l Can't win! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

People talking right outside my door..... With ages.... Don't want to talk to them

But really want to go out for a walk.... How to get out without them noticing..... Would they ever Fcuk off outside or something

• Advertisement

selous wrote: »
    Kinda like car insurance..

It's it's required by law, supplied by private companies for profit..

True but unlike car insurance in the case of health insurance you will still be treated for free in our system if you don't have health insurance. So my ta is that despite paying a private health insurance premium after the government brought in this law - if I didn't start then there would be a loading put on each subsequent year so if I took out private health care at 50 I would pay a 15% loading on my premium each year after that - I am getting precisely the same treatment in hospital that I would get if I never paid that premium even though I should get a private room etc. Precisely. The only difference is for the government: my health insurance pays the €75 per night fee that the state would otherwise have paid. (I think this two-tier system is ethically indefensible by the way; I'm just pissed that after all the hard-earned money that I gave to the health insurance company I'm getting nothing back when I finally need it.)

My ta (and all these really are tas; for the sake of perspective a man beside me in his early 40s has lost parts of his speech, couldn't do basic sums when the consultant was talking to him and has just been told he had a stroke and they're talking about options in life now): hospital food! It's worse than they say. Cheap white bread everywhere. Surely the default in hospitals should be brown bread? I'm not even pushing for the nutritious wholemeal fibre-enriched bread that I'd have at home. Sliced brown bread would at least be better than this muck. And jam? White bread, jam and butter. This is a breakfast worthy of a TB ward in 1955.

RTÉ Investigates: please investigate hospital food, why it's so poor nutritionally when by its nature it should be the best in the state, and who's giving/getting these lucrative HSE contracts to supply all this "food".

People talking right outside my door..... With ages.... Don't want to talk to them

But really want to go out for a walk.... How to get out without them noticing..... Would they ever Fcuk off outside or something

hehe. Love it. Straight from the Irish there! Anytime my Corca Dhuibhne friends would speak in English about time they'd say things like "with a week" (le seachtain) and never, ever, ever "for a week".

My ta: people who don't know how to use phones. There's a mute button, a turn off button and some of you even have legs where you can leave the (quiet) room and go outside and talk. Also you don't need a massive noise to signal you've got a text. That's so late 1990s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

What's this new habit about spelling the word 'lose' as 'loose' ?

It's everywhere now. Another Americanism or some sort of fashionable thing?

The two words have completely different meanings. Another stage of the race

to Western illiteracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Listening to Sean O'Rourke on radio for last few days, 80% of people he interviewed reply to him with "So" as the first word of the reply. WHY? Cut out the "So" and the next word is quite sufficient.

Leo Varadkar was being interviewed too by someone else, after every few words was "ehhh" or "emmmm" in the sentence.
    Really Leo, cut it out, it's like your playing for time to think of something to say,doesn't sound great for a Minister.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

selous wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar was being interviewed too by someone else, after every few words was "ehhh" or "emmmm" in the sentence.
    Really Leo, cut it out, it's like your playing for time to think of something to say,doesn't sound great for a Minister.
    Not true of our Leo. Sure everyone knows he cannot think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Text as a medium of communication

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I lost my hammer.

Annoying because I need it. I have nails but no hammer 

I lost my hammer.

Annoying because I need it. I have nails but no hammer 

I have many hammers and never use them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Shannon757 wrote:
    I have many hammers and never use them

I rarely use mine. I never found it but used my rolling pin instead.

Another annoyance...finding out my broken laptop is irreparable. It took one shop over 4 months to figure it out. Took a second shop one week. That is seriously annoying too! Grr. Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Easier to find a replacement for a hammer than a nail.

TA: On TV, where ever you are in a US city, just raise your hand and a taxi will pick you up within 10 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

People who post whingey, long winded, "pity me" Facebook statuses whenever they get so much as a case of the sniffles. Attention wh0ring and begging for sympathy.

One person I'm friends with is constantly at it. I had to unfollow her when someone commented on one of her statuses saying it could be worse, that he himself was in hospital receiving chemotherapy and she pretty much said she understood exactly how he was feeling because she'd never felt so bad in all her life. She had a chest infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Basically went to the shop to get boxes or moving and it was chaotic. This wan was glued to her phone shoving her trolley into people but she couldn't give you notice cos she was nattering away. Not enough staff then to deal with the crowds and it's not even Christmas yet. It's only November. It's my idea of hell watching orange women dragging trails of kids after them without so much as a 'sorry'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Went away on a weekend away today. Been smothering with a cold the past two weeks which is making my nose bleed. Some rigerous activities earlier this evening has aggravated my sciatica so I am currently kneeling on my bare knees at the side of the bed, trying to relieve it enough to be able to stand up. I fear I may need diazepam and an injection but we'll have to wait and see.

Not the weekend I had in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Went away on a weekend away today. Been smothering with a cold the past two weeks which is making my nose bleed. Some rigerous activities earlier this evening has aggravated my sciatica so I am currently kneeling on my bare knees at the side of the bed, trying to relieve it enough to be able to stand up. I fear I may need diazepam and an injection but we'll have to wait and see.

Not the weekend I had in mind.

lexie doin' the sexy?

TA when your ma brought you to get shoes fitted, and made you march up and down in them as you tried them on like the world's ****test model.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I discovered today that Lidl do a knockoff version of Lindor chocolates. Which might be more suited to the 'Trivial things that make you happy' thread. Except a combination of extreme boredom and lovely chocolates means that I feel sick as a dog now.

Stupid Lidl :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I was in Co. Galway today and met up with a friend I hadn't seen in a couple of months. We met up in a local hotel. The bar was packed with people watching the rugby so we got some drinks and we went and sat in the nice quiet lobby area where we could have a proper chat. There was a 3 seater sofa near our chairs and about 20 minutes after we sat down a group of 3 women, 2 men and a young boy entered the lobby, adults all wearing matching puffa jackets. (Vom). The women sat on the sofa occasionally casting glances at us hoping we'd move and let the men sit down. Eh, no. We were here first. We bought drinks. You haven't. I went to the bar for another drink and even though a book was on my chair and my phone was charging from an adjacent power point they still asked my friend was that chair free while I was just gone to the bar! The icing on the cake was when my friend told a story which included dropping an F Bomb and one of the women shot us a dirty look, which I returned. My friend didn't notice and carried on with the story, dropping another F Bomb. She is not loud. So the F Bomb was quiet. This time the woman glared at us again and said.. "there's a child" ...said child was engrossed in a game on an iPad and one of the men was chatting to him about it so his attention was far away. My friend apologised quietly and I said nothing. After about 15 minutes fidgeting and trying to make us feel guilty for their not having enough seats, (while I luxuriated in my armchair with my pint) they finally gave up and re-donned their foul coats and went elsewhere. Freeloading gimps, wanted seats in a hotel but wouldn't buy drinks. And then had the cheek to expect people around them who were paying for refreshments to conform to their snowflake standards. I hope they get the squirts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Cars side by side on the motorway doing 100kph.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    People who post whingey, long winded, "pity me" Facebook statuses whenever they get so much as a case of the sniffles. Attention wh0ring and begging for sympathy.

One person I'm friends with is constantly at it. I had to unfollow her when someone commented on one of her statuses saying it could be worse, that he himself was in hospital receiving chemotherapy and she pretty much said she understood exactly how he was feeling because she'd never felt so bad in all her life. She had a chest infection.

I have a family member on Facebook, who, if she hasn't posted for a few days, starts going on how no-one cares about her. A good slap wouldn't go astray. :mad:

Holy fúck. I've just been woken up on a Sunday morning by the gob****e across from me who decided at 7:30am on a Sunday morning to turn on his tv. I avoid pubs almost entirely because of the blaring tv which imposes on the quality of conversation. Bringing this tv noise into my bedroom and at 7:30am is too much.

There should be a code of practise in Irish hospitals where tvs are not allowed on unless the user is using headphones. It is just not right that their preference is imposed upon the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

madmaggie wrote: »
    I have a family member on Facebook, who, if she hasn't posted for a few days, starts going on how no-one cares about her. A good slap wouldn't go astray. :mad:

Oh my God! She sounds crazy!

Today I'm annoyed because I have one foot slightly larger than the other. My new shoes have cut the back of my left foot to bits while the other foot is grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement