Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Yesterday, I had a good reason to be in the vicinity Blackrock village and Blackrock Shopping Centre, not the Frascati one.
    So I wanted a quiet coffee & scone. Went into the coffee shop. Ordered coffee and scone. Went outside shop to what I thoughtwould be a quiet table. Received coffee and scone.
    Next minute there's a businesswoman type arising from her own outside table and loudly greeting another client. Theatrical hug between. "Bla bla bla bla BLA BLA "
    I drink my coffee and finish my scone.

End of Quiet timeout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Started a clear out yesterday and there's clothes everywhere..can't face finishing it today.

I went to scrub the oven and wanted to wear gloves but all I've got is a load of left ones because the right hand ones wear out way quicker.

That cupboard under the kitchen sink and the amount of ****e that gathers in there over the years...I just dumped loads of those scuff coat shoe polish bottles from 100yrs ago and found a load of dishwasher tablets that I didn't even know were there.

I'm ready for the pub..sick of this cleaning lark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Holy fúck. I've just been woken up on a Sunday morning by the gob****e across from me who decided at 7:30am on a Sunday morning to turn on his tv. I avoid pubs almost entirely because of the blaring tv which imposes on the quality of conversation. Bringing this tv noise into my bedroom and at 7:30am is too much.

There should be a code of practise in Irish hospitals where tvs are not allowed on unless the user is using headphones. It is just not right that their preference is imposed upon the rest of us.

I know how you feel. When I get admitted it's into a ward with 4 beds, 2 on either side. There is one television on the wall. You often have adults of kids watching television until the early hours of the morning, and I mean movies until 2-3 in the morning :mad: The great thing for me though is my "seniority" (don't know if this is a good thing or not) means the nurses always give me the remote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Finding an island of toilet paper that hasn't been flushed properly by the previous toilet user. There's nothing worse than half a jobbie sticking up out of the water like a palm tree on a desert island.

I prefer mine to hit the water making a splash reminiscent of Greg Louganis at his peak, with a trajectory that almost takes it around the u-bend using its own momentum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

You try for the best LINCOLN LOGso subacio.

• Advertisement

Busy pubs. I'm in one that has no seats apart from the one I'm on at the bar. There are lots of noisy kids and music like "jingel bell jingle bell jingle bell hop".

Yes I know I'm being curmudgeonly but it's usually so nice and relaxed in here. Now it has turned in to a kind of Jervis Centre that serves booze and food.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

I was at a station mass (mass in the house) of a neighbour on Friday night. Priest asked for a show of hands beforehand for who was taking communion. When the time for communion came he went around but the woman of the house was last to receive and he had nothing left for her.
    Someone had arrived late and had received as well.
    We thought the priest would lose his sh1t. Made a big hooha about people arriving late and then having to offer the wine instead to the woman of the house.
    Jesus Father all you need do is put in a few extra wafers before you start or are you a tight git. As the saying goes-"Better to be looking at it than for it". No need for a spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

RE the priest...I bet he didn't refuse the envelope from the late arrival.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

GMSA wrote: »
    I was at a station mass (mass in the house) of a neighbour on Friday night. Priest asked for a show of hands beforehand for who was taking communion. When the time for communion came he went around but the woman of the house was last to receive and he had nothing left for her.
    Someone had arrived late and had received as well.
    We thought the priest would lose his sh1t. Made a big hooha about people arriving late and then having to offer the wine instead to the woman of the house.
    Jesus Father all you need do is put in a few extra wafers before you start or are you a tight git. As the saying goes-"Better to be looking at it than for it". No need for a spectacle.

Or, he could have broken the last wafer in two parts, it wasn't that difficult...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Colser wrote: »
    RE the priest...I bet he didn't refuse the envelope from the late arrival.

Damn sure he didn't. In fact he was complaining about the low turnout at another station recently and moaning about that the envelope is their only income. The sunday collection is for the running of the parish.
    No wonder we're all heading to the next parish on a Sunday. Ive no time for that guilt trip sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

In tesco this evening looking for coarse salt! An aisle 50 metres long and there's basically a queue forming behind me at the coarse salt section! Wtf! I could go to a shop at 9am on a Monday morning and I guarantee the one item I was looking at in the farthest random aisle in the shop would be suddenly exactly what someone else wanted to look at too! I have personal space issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

The everpresent circlejerk in comments on FB and other popular sites' news articles expressing how dumb/stupid/thick/clueless etc Trump apparently is.

You don't win an election by being stupid. You win one by capitalising on others stupidity, and selling that back to them.

I think it's dangerous to write off the image he sells as simply stupidity and not something more sinister, calculated and conniving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Just in door. Want tea or cereal. No milk. No shops open nearby at all. Hungrey bed time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I bought a pack of chewing gum and now I can't find it. (I didn't open it)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm in bed with all lights off, bar the one in the bathroom and it's shining right in my face. I'm too comfy to get out of bed to switch it off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

When in a pub (in this case the T2 bar at Dublin Airport) and all you want is a quick pint before flight.

Stuck behind four bints who each want to order a different type of coffee, want to each pay separately "no you got it last time", "now don't you dare!" - that shyte. And worse of all can't decide what to eat and peruse the menu!

Just want a pint ffs!!!

There's a cafe next door - fup off there!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm in bed with all lights off, bar the one in the bathroom and it's shining right in my face. I'm too comfy to get out of bed to switch it off

Agreed, but it's worse when it's not your fault. I have a housemate who will leave the light on and I have to get up to turn it off. Especially when you have to do it multiple times in the one night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Sold something on ebay.
    Final price was €320.
    Delighted with that.
    But then I notice that the buyer is from a country known for it's scammers.

Fecks sake. The disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Getting a small trolley at Tesco and then buying more than intended and stuff is nearly falling out of it.
    Forgetting my €16 off voucher :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA'd at everyone in town today. Literally everyone. Fup off outta me way ffs. I love Christmas but I cannot deal with the crowds. It's given me a stress headache. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

driving to work this morning, its snowing.... people still drive like idiots :angry:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Passive aggressive people who make a comment as they're on the way out the door so that you don't get to roast them with a killer comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nidom

Logical fallacies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Finding out me aul one who's worked his bollix off for decades gets 189 quid Xmas Bonus.

Whereas some knacker on the dole with kids we're paying for already gets twice that.

Seriously ticked off there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Was just eating in the Jervis Shopping Centre for lunch. Heard a few Christmas songs on the speakers. Thought to myself "Ah, haven't heard them in a while, it's almost Christmas!"

...sudden realisation that it's actually November.

...further realisation that I'll now hear the same songs, on loop, for a whole month.

Could they not just introduce the Christmas songs in to the regular music playlist to keep us shoppers and the poor retail staff sane? No-one needs seven versions of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in a single shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

You know you are having a bad day when you are emptying your car boot out and the neighbours dog comes over, looks at you, and quick as a flash pisses on one of your suitcases before you have a chances to chase the wee fecker away...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Gob****es who take ages at the ATM machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Was just eating in the Jervis Shopping Centre for lunch. Heard a few Christmas songs on the speakers. Thought to myself "Ah, haven't heard them in a while, it's almost Christmas!"

...sudden realisation that it's actually November.

...further realisation that I'll now hear the same songs, on loop, for a whole month.

Could they not just introduce the Christmas songs in to the regular music playlist to keep us shoppers and the poor retail staff sane? No-one needs seven versions of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in a single shift.

It can't be as bad as some of the awful Xmas music I've heard in the past in Dunne's Stores, Xmas hits on the stylophone.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Fine lines in places they shouldn't be. Feck this growing older :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

73Cat wrote: »
    Getting a small trolley at Tesco and then buying more than intended and stuff is nearly falling out of it.
    Forgetting my €16 off voucher :(
    You're after reminding me I also have vouchers for Tesco but never even thought using of using them earlier.

TA is a certain person at work who licks up to the boss to their face saying they will do this and that but behind it all does nothing, I'm hoping two-faced will get their comeuppance some day soon but I think I'm wasting my time wishing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement