Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

TAed at having a quiet weekend but sleeping it out and feeling groggy all day :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Biased moderators on here showing their prejudices. Unfit for purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Biased moderators on here showing their prejudices. Unfit for purpose.

I have noticed mods being biased over the years too. Obviously not them all but dare I be blunt Whoopsadaisy would do that when she was a mod on here. Haha, she'll probably read this too (Hi Whoops!... you know you did!) Mainly when it came to discussion about feminism for one example I remember. Often telling people to "stop posting in this thread" and using the old ban hammer.

Actually, that's another trivial annoyance for ya! How come mods use that whole "don't post in this thread again" - Like if you break the rules (call someone a c*nt etc!) then mods are quick enough to ban you. Ok fair enough. But what's this whole dont post again? comes off as I dont like what you are saying as I have a different opinion to you... but since you have't broken the rules? I'll just tell you to NOT post again hoping you do or question it. Then i'll get to ban you ***** off* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Random: Phone disconnected from wifi and now just will not reconnect.
    After hours trying to sort it I had to factory reset the device.

TA that the reset/restore of apps part is a pain and the re-setting up of EVERYTHING settings and config wise will take weeks! Grrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Getting to the bus stop in that dead zone where you know you're going to be standing around for a while in the cold but you don't have enough time to go get coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I quit smoking, spur of the moment, three nights ago when I felt a cold coming on.
    I have had no cravings at all but I'm worried that when I feel better, my cravings will be out in full force.
    This is all too easy at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

People talking about that shíte in the Jungle on TV!

Listen folks, it's complete ****, a load of (kangaroo?) bollocks! Just stop, TV for those with the brain capacity of a retarded budgie!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

kfallon wrote: »

Listen folks, it's complete ****, a load of (kangaroo?) bollocks! Just stop, TV for those with the brain capacity of a retarded budgie!!!

It's the season for ****e reality tv shows.
    Xfactor -
    "Did you see that Honey G got eliminated?"
    No
    "Well, let me tell you about it..."

Strictly - "Did you see that Ed Balls got eliminated?"
    No
    "Well, you missed a treat. Let me tell you about it...."
    Cocks shotgun. Takes aim...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

People looking at me like I have two heads when reality tv or the soaps come up in conversation and I say I don't watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

73Cat wrote: »
    People looking at me like I have two heads when reality tv or the soaps come up in conversation and I say I don't watch them.

This with sport, all sport.
    I show my ignorance of soccer, so they switch to rugby assuming i must be mad for that.
    Nope, don't care about other people being of paid to compete, and the fact that you somehow think you are part of the team. Stop f*cking saying "we", you were sitting at home on your fat arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

travelling for work to some horrible 1 horse country town.

The only way you can get lunch is to buy a sausage roll from the local dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Signs saying "This Door Is Alarmed". What did those doors ever do to you? It's cruelty to doors, that's what it is.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

bnt wrote: »
    Signs saying "This Door Is Alarmed". What did those doors ever do to you? It's cruelty to doors, that's what it is.

Fcuken hysterical doors being alarmed over nothing, would want to toughen up quick smart.

TA:
    Our lovely modern office - all wood and polished concrete with discreet signage that the public never notices. Every day you'll find somebody wandering around lost and baffled - 'where's the public counter' 'You're standing right beside it'.

Yesterday I saw a man trying to enter an office through a painting hanging on the wall! 'How do I get into this section?'

Not through the fcuken wall anyway sunshine. Try the reception desk you just walked past because you got distracted by the brightly coloured artwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

fussyonion wrote: »
    I quit smoking, spur of the moment, three nights ago when I felt a cold coming on.
    I have had no cravings at all but I'm worried that when I feel better, my cravings will be out in full force.
    This is all too easy at the moment....

I'm giving up today too. I'm staying in a place where you can't smoke so I bought patches and am down an hour and a half now and waiting for the apocalypse. We are in this together!

I'm giving up today too. I'm staying in a place where you can't smoke so I bought patches and am down an hour and a half now and waiting for the apocalypse. We are in this together!

Good luck.
    I don't have a craving as such but until I read your post there was a part of me telling me to go and have a smoke.
    I am going to fight this urge. Sending you strength!

TA'd that my nose is red and sore from this bloody cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

It's only Tuesday! Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Using Firefox to upload stuff. Worse than Internet Explorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

kfallon wrote: »

A senior manager in my office watches this. I think less of him as a result.

TA'd that a member of my team is a lazy gob****e who completely takes the piss in work. But nothing gets said to him so he gets away with everything. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

guy with an english accent came to the house trying to sell yellow glasses for night driving just a couple of minutes ago.

giving it socks with the hard sell all the usual tricks giving me things to hold, try on, despite me saying I don't want to try or hold them as I'm not interested, asking did I drive who own the car am I the N driver (car in the drive with the plate), do I have trouble with the glare while driving, I could barely get a word in so just left him off.

he eventually stopped, I said yeah to be honest I wear normal glasses usually so I couldn't tell the difference when I was putting those on and I ride a motorbike so the glare doesn't affect me at night.

"ah but the light goes in the helmet all the same"

me: "no not really"

"Can you think of anyone else who would like them, wife, girlfriend, sister, mother, friends, for christmas"

me: "no sorry"

his face drops as if I've just told him to **** off, and he just turns around and walks off.

Ok I'm sorry I didn't buy your 30 cent glasses for 20 euro, and I may have "wasted" your time but you're the one who came to my ****ing house and wouldn't let me let you down softly sooner.

Anyone who comes to my house trying to sell anything is annoying enough without the ****ing attitude when you tell them no as politely as possible.

Ok I get it you're trying to make money and you may have been turned down 10 times in a row but that's not my fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Next time stinkpalm the bastard and send him on his way. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Beggars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

There is a regular poster on here that is not posting this last few weeks. TA at that as I miss their annoyances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Need a nap for an hour and then go about my evening but not a hope of waking up again until probably the wee hours if I go snooze now. :(

I'm starving and the dinner won't be ready til about 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Glenster wrote: »
    travelling for work to some horrible 1 horse country town.

The only way you can get lunch is to buy a sausage roll from the local dunnes.

There's a Dunnes in a one horse town? I must be in a pony town then, only a Super Value and a Centra..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm starving and the dinner won't be ready til about 7pm.

Have a sneaky sambo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

guy with an english accent came to the house trying to sell yellow glasses for night driving just a couple of minutes ago.

giving it socks with the hard sell all the usual tricks giving me things to hold, try on, despite me saying I don't want to try or hold them as I'm not interested, asking did I drive who own the car am I the N driver (car in the drive with the plate), do I have trouble with the glare while driving, I could barely get a word in so just left him off.

he eventually stopped, I said yeah to be honest I wear normal glasses usually so I couldn't tell the difference when I was putting those on and I ride a motorbike so the glare doesn't affect me at night.

"ah but the light goes in the helmet all the same"

me: "no not really"

"Can you think of anyone else who would like them, wife, girlfriend, sister, mother, friends, for christmas"

me: "no sorry"

his face drops as if I've just told him to **** off, and he just turns around and walks off.

Ok I'm sorry I didn't buy your 30 cent glasses for 20 euro, and I may have "wasted" your time but you're the one who came to my ****ing house and wouldn't let me let you down softly sooner.

Anyone who comes to my house trying to sell anything is annoying enough without the ****ing attitude when you tell them no as politely as possible.

Ok I get it you're trying to make money and you may have been turned down 10 times in a row but that's not my fault

I usually save time by saying 'we have a policy that we don't buy anything on the doorstep'! Always gets an instinctive turn and leave, no point trying to go against policy!! Although there is usually a split instant WTF moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that I could have frozen to death on the streets of a town in the south of England. My company ballsed up the booking of my hotel room. The hotel i was supposed to be in was full. Every other hotel was also full. Some frantic ringing around and I end up in a hotel a long way from where I need to be in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Person at work who has gone gluten free.
    They have decided anytime food is mentioned they will let us know in case we forgot the other times - once or twice was ok but every single time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

My nose is blocked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement