Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

My journey home from work involves one 5 mile stretch of a narrow back road that allows 2 cars to pass but only by slowing down, ya know the type.

Turned onto this road last night and immediately I'm stuck behind a mini bus doing 15-20 mph in the fog. Ok safety first and all that's sound but ya can let me past as I could go a bit quicker. the road is too narrow to allow over taking but at 5 points on the road the mini bus pulled in and stopped to let oncoming traffic pass. Could have easily remained stationary for a couple of extra seconds to let me pass but NO, pulled out straight away and wouldn't let me past.
    This road ends up feeding into a primary road with wide hard shoulders. As soon as we exit onto this road he is straight into the hard shoulder to let me pass even though there is no oncoming traffic....Thanks mate!

That's just being a d**k that driver - "I don't HAVE to stop, so I won't"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Running home from work when you've forgotten that the local (rather significant) football team are playing at home and their fans are congregating everywhere, meaning you're on and off the path and it's a miracle you didn't roll an ankle.

Dundalk fans screeching how wonderful they are and that they had to fill Lansdowne just to contain them all.

And in the same sentence reminding everyone how a few years ago they struggled to get 250 fans in the ground.

Our version of Chelsea and Man City that - bunch of plastics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Jaysus it's cold, last week I was I was in temps between 30 - 35 degrees and now I've to try to deal with this!

Also, I'm an angry man at the moment. I quit the smokes a few days ago, any time I have quit (temporarily :) ) I always lose the rag easily. This time is no different.

No 3 off the smokes in this thread.

Woke up with blocked sinuses today feel all snotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Boom Bap hang on !

TA by this stupid cold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

People leaving their rear fog lights on when you're behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Running home from work when you've forgotten that the local (rather significant) football team are playing at home and their fans are congregating everywhere, meaning you're on and off the path and it's a miracle you didn't roll an ankle.

Bloody Arsenal fans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I keep forgetting the PIN to unlock my phone.

The PIN is my date of birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

The toilet I use in work is also the customer toilet (ladies). I regularly go in and find the seat and floor covered in urine spray. So someone has obviously come in and hovered over the toilet for hygiene reasons, yet at the same time is quite happy to leave the toilet like that without even giving it a cursory wipe with the tissue. The irony would be funny if it weren’t so disgusting that I have to clean up some other selfish a$$holes pi$$

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

ncmc wrote: »
    The toilet I use in work is also the customer toilet (ladies). I regularly go in and find the seat and floor covered in urine spray. So someone has obviously come in and hovered over the toilet for hygiene reasons, yet at the same time is quite happy to leave the toilet like that without even giving it a cursory wipe with the tissue. The irony would be funny if it weren’t so disgusting that I have to clean up some other selfish a$$holes pi$$

This is a big TA for me too. If we all sat down, there would be no problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Poochie05 wrote:
    This is a big TA for me too. If we all sat down, there would be no problem!

It's possible to hover and not spray.😠Nothing worse than sitting down and realising that there's spray on the seat that you didn't see...

Freshly shaved legs dying to be scratched.
    The nicotine patches keep rubbing off and they cost a fortune to replace.
    Needing coffee then drinking too much and being awake all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When someone tries to slowly and quietly eat crisps. Slowly rooting around a crinkling packet and slow drawn out munching

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When someone tries to slowly and quietly eat crisps. Slowly rooting around a crinkling packet and slow drawn out munching

My other half has a habit of shaking the bag EVERY TIME he's about to put his hand in the bag.
    It seriously annoys me.

My TA is that I'm putting the tree up in a minute and I am dreading putting the lights on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

"too many pens, over her under there,
    falling all over the place,
    move a page - ten misplaced, down the side of the computer case,
    move the chair and it hits a pair.
    I cleaned up all the pens and moved them away.
    I pick up a page and look for a pen,

where are all of the bastarding pens."

The end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Always feeling tired, not getting a good night's sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Okay a bit grammar Nazi but a woman on Facebook with "luv my kidz." Boils my pi55... Okay if she was 18 but she's nearly 40. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Cuba Gooding Jr, the head on him. He looks like he is on the verge of bursting into tears the whole time even when he is acting happy.

Those toilet roll holders/containers that hold a few rolls in them which seem like forward thinking on the part of management except the roll gets stuck in there and you have to squeeze your fingers into it to pull the roll out again. And then you get one sliver of paper. And another. And another and it takes ages to get a good grip of the roll so you can pull loads of paper out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

In my local town, you go to a shop for an item, out of stock, but it'll be in next week. Go round the corner to a similar retailer, loads of said item in stock. Weird or what. When I say I'll buy online items miraculously appear from the stock room. This is in a small town dead on it's feet. Can't be ar**d.

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote: »
    In my local town, you go to a shop for an item, out of stock, but it'll be in next week. Go round the corner to a similar retailer, loads of said item in stock. Weird or what. When I say I'll buy online items miraculously appear from the stock room. This is in a small town dead on it's feet. Can't be ar**d.

Which reminds me of my ta.... I was just thinking a few hours ago of what arrogant individuals the old rural shopkeepers who controlled the entire village/town were (shop, pub, undertakers)- the film Brooklyn was powerfully accurate in reflecting this - when recalling my mother telling me about how the local butcher would try and pass the crap pieces of meat off on the poor of her town and save the nice pieces for the big farmers and the like. She was recalling how her own mother, who was born in 1897, used to send her back down to the butchers when he tried to pass off the crap meat to the child who was sent to get the meat for dinner.

Thank god for the destruction of these urban monopolies/duopolies/oligopolies and the arrival of Pat Quinn (there's a name from the past!) and supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Spent the whole night coughing and spluttering so this morning I am knackered. Only 10 hours to go 'til home time.. Pffft

The fact that I've just slipped on a gritted pavement - on the grit!

Leaving it alone would be better!!!

My head's pounding and my mood is all over the place without smoking. Damn you human body so weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that our office has been invaded by workers from our satellite offices around the world. the place is noisy as f*ck. Anybody know where the volume control for an american is? Or the off swtich?

TA'd that our office has been invaded by workers from our satellite offices around the world. the place is noisy as f*ck. Anybody know where the volume control for an american is? Or the off swtich?

Hate to break it to you, but that model doesn't have one.

Neither does the "Gangs of Spanish Students" one. Damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

What's bugging me is the trend with a few retailers is not to give a proper receipt if I pay by card. Sure I'll get the card receipt that basically says that I bought 'something' at a given price etc. If I want the receipt that says what I bought. I have to specifically ask. Getting sick of the, 'you're being awkward now, you pesky customer you' look.

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Was working this morning from midnight to 6am, only slept 'til 10. I'll be wrecked for the week end and the tax man will ransack my bit of overtime.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hate to break it to you, but that model doesn't have one.

Neither does the "Gangs of Spanish Students" one. Damn!

there are quite a number of spanish as well (actually more spanish than american) but i'm not hearing a peep from them. They have mastered the art of speaking softly. It's just the americans. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Okay a bit grammar Nazi but a woman on Facebook with "luv my kidz." Boils my pi55... Okay if she was 18 but she's nearly 40. :mad:

That sort of sh1te on FB drives me nuts! It's like loving your children makes. You the exception. Like people who say " I take care of my kids"

You are supposed to take care of kids FFS, thems the rules! As for the "Luv my kidz" I'd think more of her if she posted " I hate the little bastards"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement